The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

X_Factor_40

Upton was likely going to opt out at the end of the year so it was nice getting something for him before he walks. 

It will be tough to see Verlander in another jersey, but it was a necessary step in the rebuild.

Hopefully we can trade Kinsler and possibly Miggy in the winter to keep rebuilding our farm system. Couple that with what will likely be 3-4 straight seasons of high draft picks, and hopefully wise FA spending we should be looking good to compete again in 2021-2022. 

Or they could throw 200 mil+ contracts at Darvish/Arrieta/JD/Cutch to try and compete next year. You never know with the tigers. 

It sucks losing JVm but at the same time I'm very happy that he gets to chase that WS dream with a young stud laden team like Houston.  I have no feelings towards Upton.  Glad his money is off the books for sure.  Am happy to see the kids in the pipeline like Cany, Steward and Gerber now.

I hate seeing JV go.  At least we got something for him, I am sort of shocked that Houston is willing to pay as much as they are.  I knew that contract was going to bite us when he signed it, and it sucks that it led to having to move him.  I thought he could be one of the few to start and finish with the same organization. 

9 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

The Tigers are cleaning house. I'm not to knowledgeable about the prospects they've received but it doesn't seem like enough.

Because it's not. I understand JV is getting up in age and not the ace he once was. Then get one great player to build with instead of 3 ho-hum ones. If the team wants to rebuild, get a player or two back in these deals you can build around. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Martavis Bryant has requested a trade.

Per RapSheet, Bryant's "teammates and coaches are well aware that he’s unhappy." Bryant struggled in the first six weeks and has been losing snaps to rookie JuJu Smith-Schuster. Bryant simply isn't the player he was before missing all of 2016 due to a suspension. Nevertheless, he should draw trade interest with a sub-$1 million base salary and lots of theoretical talent

Should we at least ask and see what Pitt wants?

1 hour ago, flyguy1609 said:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Martavis Bryant has requested a trade.

Per RapSheet, Bryant's "teammates and coaches are well aware that he’s unhappy." Bryant struggled in the first six weeks and has been losing snaps to rookie JuJu Smith-Schuster. Bryant simply isn't the player he was before missing all of 2016 due to a suspension. Nevertheless, he should draw trade interest with a sub-$1 million base salary and lots of theoretical talent

Should we at least ask and see what Pitt wants?

I think WR is the least of our concerns.