The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

X_Factor_40

Meh, I expected more deals honestly. This was just dumping off guys they can't afford to bring back. They're still trying to make the playoffs without really being buyers imo. Idk maybe "baby-steps" and a compromise with the owner. 

I really, really wanted one of either Jackson/Drummond to be traded. I knew both couldn't and like you kind of expect, I'm thinking Blake might be moved in the summer. Now though, hard to move all three in the summer. I'm going to guess Pistons make it as the 8th seed in the east and lose Blakes contract in the summer and finish out both Drummond/Jacksons years on contract. 

They're just losers, lol. The owner sucks. We know it. Idk how to explain what I'm seeing now that the deadline is over other than like... They tried to "walk the line". 

I don't think this was a complete attempt to go in rebuild mode for the summer/draft and it was definitely not an attempt to get better now,( doesn't suggest it's a total fact  but history says both guys we traded for played lesser roles than the players we gave up. So it's hard to believe we're better now than before without replacing those wings especially, and gaining guys that aren't in win now mode but look to need development. ) but we also didn't really shed enough future salary to make a difference outside the draft. 

Gotta hope for losses and a top 3 pick now! Also, quite honestly we have to hope every offseason the team is sold too. :D

Edited by SimbaWho

1 hour ago, SimbaWho said:

Meh, I expected more deals honestly. This was just dumping off guys they can't afford to bring back. They're still trying to make the playoffs without really being buyers imo. Idk maybe "baby-steps" and a compromise with the owner. 

I really, really wanted one of either Jackson/Drummond to be traded. I knew both couldn't and like you kind of expect, I'm thinking Blake might be moved in the summer. Now though, hard to move all three in the summer. I'm going to guess Pistons make it as the 8th seed in the east and lose Blakes contract in the summer and finish out both Drummond/Jacksons years on contract. 

They're just losers, lol. The owner sucks. We know it. Idk how to explain what I'm seeing now that the deadline is over other than like... They tried to "walk the line". 

I don't think this was a complete attempt to go in rebuild mode for the summer/draft and it was definitely not an attempt to get better now,( doesn't suggest it's a total fact  but history says both guys we traded for played lesser roles than the players we gave up. So it's hard to believe we're better now than before without replacing those wings especially, and gaining guys that aren't in win now mode but look to need development. ) but we also didn't really shed enough future salary to make a difference outside the draft. 

Gotta hope for losses and a top 3 pick now! Also, quite honestly we have to hope every offseason the team is sold too. :D

Pretty much my take.  I am shocked Reggie didn't move.  I am guessing they will wait out his contract now since I think it is expiring next year.  Would make sense to move Drummond and Blake in the summer to teams who miss out on the free agents.  Then let Reggie run us into the ground until we move him at the deadline.  Then go into 2020 with cap space and high draft picks.

On 2/7/2019 at 4:47 PM, diehardlionfan said:

I dont follow basketball very closely at all and the only time I really got into it was during the bad boys era.

Basketball is way different now from then. Players now'a'days are walking mini franchises themselves. Idk, the product is still entertaining but the players aren't likable or in anyway relate-able to fans anymore. Still on the players side for the most part though, Billionaire owners still making a killing off these franchises either way and the players are the product but the show will always go on with or without them because good owners know all products have shelf-lives... so players should grab as much as they possibly can while they can. It's a short window. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MortexLion said:

If the lions Don't take a hard look at signing this man ill be pretty upset that they didn't try. 

I think they should bring him in for a visit at least, Snacks is trying to bring him there and I heard a lot of other lions are talking to him on twitter.

• Like 1

Just now, Lionized said:

AB would have said he was going to retire. Just like he did to Buffalo. 

Not for the Browns I dont think.

They had a very strong second half, Mayfield was putting up great numbers and excelled in a leadership role, good supporting cast, solid defense.