The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

X_Factor_40

1 hour ago, diehardlionfan said:

Those guys should be looking for new agents.

They should.  I get they want to play together and whatnot but this is crazy.  I do also see the advantage of getting more money now so taking some discount over the life to get a bump now makes sense but they are signing for half of what they should be getting.  I think it may have been smart for Albies, as I don't think he will be a star but he still should be making a decent amount more than he is as a serviceable 2B.  Maybe he thinks he is closer to his second half of 2018 than the first half and wants protection and the Braves wouldn't budge because they likely agree.

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 4:12 PM, Sllim Pickens said:

They should.  I get they want to play together and whatnot but this is crazy.  I do also see the advantage of getting more money now so taking some discount over the life to get a bump now makes sense but they are signing for half of what they should be getting.  I think it may have been smart for Albies, as I don't think he will be a star but he still should be making a decent amount more than he is as a serviceable 2B.  Maybe he thinks he is closer to his second half of 2018 than the first half and wants protection and the Braves wouldn't budge because they likely agree.

When you send 9/10 of your lame rookie/minor league contract back home to Latin America, the security is nice. 

5 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

This is exciting.  I am not a big hockey fan but can bandwagon with the best of them and the 90s/early2k's Wings were fun to watch.  Glad they can bring the Captain home.

This is nice. Finally! Something for the fans!

Not expecting an instant turn around or anything but the moves will be fun to watch/see the next 2/3 years. 

21 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

This is nice. Finally! Something for the fans!

Not expecting an instant turn around or anything but the moves will be fun to watch/see the next 2/3 years. 

I’m torn. 

Its nice to see him back with the Wings however a part of me wanted to see him truly come home, to Ottawa, and take over the Senators although I wouldn’t wish Eugene Melnyk on anyone. 

Although it would’ve been a long shot, going to Edmonton to take command of my once proud Oilers was also in my head. Until Daryl Katz foregoes surrounding himself with ex Oiler heroes and cleans house the franchise is doomed. I don’t know why I would hope for Yzerman to take either of those jobs. I mean why would an experienced GM with options even consider it? Ken Holland publicly announced he was removing himself from consideration for the Oilers job. Think about that? The Oilers are so bad organizationally he publicly announced he wasn’t interested. Or, he’s going to take the Seattle job. Either way, I think it reflects poorly on the Oilers. 

I wish Yzerman nothing but success. He’s a class act!

4 minutes ago, detroitroar said:

I just want Drummond gone

I wouldn't mind that depending on the return.  I still think a Drummond for Gordon Heyward deal would be good for us.  Heyward can be better utilized here and Drummond would fit in where he isn't needed to touch the ball.

I would like to see us draft a scoring guard.  Romeo Langford may drop, Tyler Herro.  Maybe Darius Garland or Keldon Johnson.  Although if we make a move like the one I mentioned, I wouldn't mind grabbing a big like Naz Reid or Bol Bol if they drop but still feel like a true perimeter threat is our biggest weakness. 

I mean there's only one real option for the Pistons and it's rebuild and retool. Need Drummond gone, I turned on him awhile ago, maybe years, but finally the realization is setting in with fans about who and what he is. Reggie Jackson needs to be shipped out as well. I don't think you can get a fair return for Blake, but honestly, if a team offers up multiple 1st rounders I think we have to do it. I don't expect much when it comes to moving Drummond. I fully expect him to get an extension actually.

Pistons need a new Starting PG and real legit/elite type talent on the Wing. A scorer outside of Blake Griffin. If they wanna double down on this playoff/contender thing they can get Reggie Jackson/Jon Leuer/pistons 1st rdp and get Mike Conley in a deal/possible package. Drummond for Gordon Hayward would be rolling the dice but I'm not sure Boston is going to give up on him. 

Use a mid level exception on someone like Brook Lopez or Dwayne Dedmon. Average, stretch'em out C. Sign some veteran back-ups PF/C UFA's for league minimum. See how it rolls till the TDL. Literally best case scinerio that might make them a top 4-6 team imo, Could win playoff series. Depending on Blake's Health, could make things interesting. 

Mike Conley/ Langston Galloway/ * Rookie 2nd rdp

Luke Kennard/ Bruce Brown/ Khyri Thomas

Gordon Hayward/ Glen Robinson III/ Sviatoslav Myhailiuk

Blake Griffin/ Thon Maker/ Anthony Tolliver

Dwayne Dedmon/ Amir Johnson/ Kyle O'Quinnn

7 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

Miggy finding some power would also help.

The whole team has been lacking power.  I’m hoping the unusually cold spring is what is causing it.  

There really aren’t any bats in the minors to get too excited about.  Pareses is solid. Clemens and Deathrage have upside but not there yet.  I’m hoping some of these pitchers keep up the year they are having and we flip them for some hitting prospects at the deadline. 

9 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

The whole team has been lacking power.  I’m hoping the unusually cold spring is what is causing it.  

There really aren’t any bats in the minors to get too excited about.  Pareses is solid. Clemens and Deathrage have upside but not there yet.  I’m hoping some of these pitchers keep up the year they are having and we flip them for some hitting prospects at the deadline. 

Trading some of the pitching for hitting prospects would be awesome. Watching some of the pitching is certainly a pleasant surprise.