The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

X_Factor_40

7 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

I think WR is the least of our concerns.

I disagree. Tate is injured, Golladay is injured. Marvin Jones Jr. hasn't been consistent. We have nothing at the position behind those three, one of which is a rookie. We aren't getting anything from our pass catching TE. Wouldn't hurt to see what Pitt is looking for. 

Byrant is good, I'd Love him on this team, he would be our best WR instantly, but to be honest... Everyone but the fans know they're going to trade Antonio Brown this offseason because they can't stand him. I doubt Byrant gets moved, explosive 6'5 players don't grow on trees, he'll prolly get an extension if anything when Brown is traded and Big Ben retires(if he does).

Edited by SimbaWho

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
59 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

how about this trade in the off season we get Eli Apple for Ameer Abdullah. think its a win win for both players and teams I still think we need a good #2 opposite Slay and apparently Eli apple has worn out his welcome for the G-men

It would depend on what the issues are with Apple. Being called a cancer in the locker room of a bad team isn't quite the same as a guy playing poorly due to an injury. I haven't seen anyone rushing out to Apple's defense yet. I'd prefer to get a pick for Abdullah and try to find someone that isn't going to create issues in our locker room.

Since this is the "Anything" thread - Todd Gurley or Tom Brady for MVP? Given where both teams are coming from in the last year, I think Todd Gurley wins it out hands down. His numbers are similar and/or superior to Adrian Peterson when he won it in 2012. The Rams were a dumpster fire and have exceeded even the wildest expectations of anyone in football. Gurley has been huge in that regard.

41 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Since this is the "Anything" thread - Todd Gurley or Tom Brady for MVP? Given where both teams are coming from in the last year, I think Todd Gurley wins it out hands down. His numbers are similar and/or superior to Adrian Peterson when he won it in 2012. The Rams were a dumpster fire and have exceeded even the wildest expectations of anyone in football. Gurley has been huge in that regard.

id vote for Gurley,  right over 2k total yards bet rushing n Rec. 19 total tds that's impressive  

2 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

what about going after Isaiah Crowell in the offseason?  could trade AA to a team like seattle for Jeremy Lane or the gmen for eli apple. then sign Crowell and make Riddick the passing down back and Green the goal line back or something.

I don't dislike this provided that we also draft a RB. Crowell should be able to allow us to find someone in the 3rd - 5th round. Agnew and Tate could be used in a similar capacity as Riddick if he were to be injured.

On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 4:14 PM, Nnivolcm said:

Browns join 08 Lions as only 0-16 teams in history.

I believe there is a parade that is going to be held in Cleveland as a result... the 2007 Lions weren't as bad as the 2016 Browns. Pretty sure the 2016 -2017 Browns are now the worst teams in football history. Hue Jackson has to have had some sort of spell on ownership... Marinelli didn't have this kind of stretch of terribleness and he couldn't survive a winless season.

12 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I believe there is a parade that is going to be held in Cleveland as a result... the 2007 Lions weren't as bad as the 2016 Browns. Pretty sure the 2016 -2017 Browns are now the worst teams in football history. Hue Jackson has to have had some sort of spell on ownership... Marinelli didn't have this kind of stretch of terribleness and he couldn't survive a winless season.

I think if you look at all the variables and stats the 2007 Lions were a worse team. Not that it matters.