Jump to content
X_Factor_40

The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

I read he has no guaranteed salary left. If claimed and a new regime comes in and doesn't want him it costs nothing to cut him.

He had $11.5M in cap hit and a 64.0 PFF score. PFF isn't the end all, be all but if it's in the ballpark of being accurate they weren't getting their money's worth. Then he lashes out at the fanbase. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

He had $11.5M in cap hit and a 64.0 PFF score. PFF isn't the end all, be all but if it's in the ballpark of being accurate they weren't getting their money's worth. Then he lashes out at the fanbase. 

Quote

Jenkins will go through waivers and can be claimed by any of the league’s other 31 teams. Jenkins is under contract for next season, but has no guaranteed money left on his deal.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/13/janoris-jenkins-released-by-the-giants/

 

I've been saying for years. Lack of pass rush can make good players in the secondary look poor. The Giants are bottom 10 in sacks this year. Not quite bottom 5 the Lions are, but still bad. 

As for the tweet, yeah it was dumb. Even dumber not to apologize for it. It's up to each team to decide if what he brings on the field is worth the off field baggage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nnivolcm said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/13/janoris-jenkins-released-by-the-giants/

 

I've been saying for years. Lack of pass rush can make good players in the secondary look poor. The Giants are bottom 10 in sacks this year. Not quite bottom 5 the Lions are, but still bad. 

As for the tweet, yeah it was dumb. Even dumber not to apologize for it. It's up to each team to decide if what he brings on the field is worth the off field baggage. 

Oh for sure. If someone thinks he's worth it, they'll look past it and give him a shot. Some teams are looking to have like $80 - $100M in cap space next year, so it's not going to hurt to take a chance. I think I read there are 20 teams still interested in AB despite his twitter tirades. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

He had $11.5M in cap hit and a 64.0 PFF score. PFF isn't the end all, be all but if it's in the ballpark of being accurate they weren't getting their money's worth. Then he lashes out at the fanbase. 

Pff had Diggs rated really bad as a Lion right??? 

Don't get me wrong. I use PFF too, just in context. Like you said it's not the end all be all. 

You guys are forgetting Jenkins is the best CB on their team, and for the Lions. He wouldn't be. He'd just be another solid player. Slay is better than him. Slay would still be on teams number 1 no matter where. It'd be up to Jenkins to just down the TE or the other outside guy depending on what Lions coaches thought Coleman matched up well with. (This staff or the next). It'd really be a neat move for this staff actually cause it'd look towards the future, and help out the organization anyways, like Nnivolcm pointed out... If the next guys just hated him cause of salary, it's an easy cut in the off-season. 

If you think about Minnesota alone it's a good match up with Slay/Jenkins/Coleman vs Theilen/Diggs/Rudolph. 

Edited by SimbaWho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like the Tigers signing Cron and Schoop. Decent veteran bats to pair with Cabrera and some of our younger guys.

Solid trade chips later in the season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know the goal every year is to win the Super Bowl but fans expectations tend to be realistic as in for the Patriots fans an AFC title and AFC championship game is the low end expectation every year 

For us it tends to be maybe a winning season and wildcard game is the high end

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, TimeForChange said:

Joe Burrow just cemented himself as the number one overall pick. 7 TDs in the first half against Oklahoma.

It’s an Oklahoma D missing 5 starters including their top sacked, top two tacklers, and best cover Safety.  I’m sure he will be the top pick, but this game is blowing his skill out of proportion.  I’d still rather have a healthy Tua I think long term, just not sure Tua can stay healthy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just heard Marvin Jones youngest son, Marlo, passed away last night. Less than 6 months old. I can’t imagine the pain that would cause. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I come in peace.

Doing a deep dive into data, similar to what Bill Barnwell does, to find the teams that are most likely to improve next year. It's very helpful because it shows which teams are actually the best and I'm nowhere close to done, but already it is painful clear how unlucky the lions were. They had the expected W/L of a 6-10 team and tied the Seahawks for the most one possession games in the NFL, with 12. The Lions went 3-8-1 in those games. This is accounting for all those injuries. If the Lions had stayed healthy and just won half those games, they could've pushed for a WC spot this year.

I legit think you guys are the Vikings only competition to win the NFC North next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nozizaki said:

I legit think you guys are the Vikings only competition to win the NFC North next year.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Nozizaki said:

I come in peace.

Doing a deep dive into data, similar to what Bill Barnwell does, to find the teams that are most likely to improve next year. It's very helpful because it shows which teams are actually the best and I'm nowhere close to done, but already it is painful clear how unlucky the lions were. They had the expected W/L of a 6-10 team and tied the Seahawks for the most one possession games in the NFL, with 12. The Lions went 3-8-1 in those games. This is accounting for all those injuries. If the Lions had stayed healthy and just won half those games, they could've pushed for a WC spot this year.

I legit think you guys are the Vikings only competition to win the NFC North next year.

Interesting stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2019 at 12:55 PM, SimbaWho said:

Red Wings need to fire Jeff Blashill man. I can't really think of a reason to keep him around. It's not like he's playing young guys heavy minutes... I'm not sure he's developed players really well. I know they've got major injuries but man... Offense to defense is terrible. 

Robby Fabbri trade has worked out well for us. He's at least a 2nd line threat that was sorely lacking, though he's been playing on the 1st line a lot with Mantha injuried. Need Mantha back badly. Team can't generate many goals without him. 

We're firmly entrenched for the Lafreniere and Byfield sweepstakes! 

Really need to target a 1D and a really good 2C with some of the assets we do have like AA, Prospects, Earlier picks outside the 1st round.

They're going to lose some people like they did with the Tigers if they go on a 3-5 year rebuild plan with no significant improvements early.

Out of curiosity, if you seem excited about Lafreniere and/or Byfield, why do you feel that Blashill should be fired?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Out of curiosity, if you seem excited about Lafreniere and/or Byfield, why do you feel that Blashill should be fired?

Well, I just feel like he's not doing a ton of favors for the younger players in the development department. I mean even Zadina is getting low minutes, likely will increase now with AA/Mantha hurt but still...

Not been a fan of his line ups, and constant line blunders. 

Most of all though, they're not competitive... I mean it's fine to be bad like last year... but to possibly historic bad( literally a Larkin injury away from that) is one thing... If you threw the question back, who would I rather have? Idk, Maybe Peter DeBoer? They'll be more available at the end of the year. I'm just not comfortable with Blashill riding out our rebuild anymore based off of his body of work up till now. He's not been very good imo as a NHL coach. 

Edited by SimbaWho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Well, I just feel like he's not doing a ton of favors for the younger players in the development department. I mean even Zadina is getting low minutes, likely will increase now with AA/Mantha hurt but still...

Not been a fan of his line ups, and constant line blunders. 

Most of all though, they're not competitive... I mean it's fine to be bad like last year... but to possibly historic bad( literally a Larkin injury away from that) is one thing... If you threw the question back, who would I rather have? Idk, Maybe Peter DeBoer? They'll be more available at the end of the year. I'm just not comfortable with Blashill riding out our rebuild anymore based off of his body of work up till now. He's not been very good imo as a NHL coach. 

Interesting.

I disagree about their competitiveness. I've watched the majority of games this year, and it appears that this depleted roster is fighting in most games. We have the most empty net goals against, which has caused many of our close, one goal contests balloon into three goal deficit finals.

In addition, our key young player, Zadina, is getting decent NHL ice time. Bashill seems to be tweaking the lines, trying to find combinations that work towards his skillset, which is exactly what I'd like to see. I also expect Seider to get a few games in later in the year. Those two prospects are the ones I'm most concerned about.

But, really, if we want to position ourselves to land a franchise prospect, I don't agree that we need to fix what isn't broken. Right now, under Blashill, we have the highest odds to land a franchise defining player in Lafreniere... changing the coach only risks to jeopardize that possibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×