The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

X_Factor_40

On 7/9/2018 at 12:08 PM, diehardlionfan said:

Bad form Brandon.

I just imagined that it was TL for a moment and it made me smile. Not that I would want TL to get punched.

"Brandon, you know I pulled you over because I defended you for years on this football forum but finally I couldn't defend you anymore after you just kept dropping the ball for years and years and years and we drafted you to block but you never quite got the hang of blocking in the NFL eh? Hahaha anyway I think you really could have been special if you just had hands man hahaha I mean it was all there we had the talent all around you but you just kept killing us man" WHAM

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

I just imagined that it was TL for a moment and it made me smile. Not that I would want TL to get punched.

"Brandon, you know I pulled you over because I defended you for years on this football forum but finally I couldn't defend you anymore after you just kept dropping the ball for years and years and years and we drafted you to block but you never quite got the hang of blocking in the NFL eh? Hahaha anyway I think you really could have been special if you just had hands man hahaha I mean it was all there we had the talent all around you but you just kept killing us man" WHAM

That’s pretty good. I had a chuckle.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

was reading something online saying we should "make a bold move" and trade for mack.. the proposed offer was 2019,2020 1st rd picks and Ziggy for Mack.  think that's too much.. maybe AA Ziggy 2019 1st and 2020 3'rd could work. sign mack long term

I saw the same article and they asked if you would do a 2019 1st and Ziggy. That is a resounding yes for me. Especially as the Lions are looking like they shifting towards a 3/4 and ziggy is likely gone after this year and *hopefully* the Lions pick is in the early 20s next year instead of the teens.

So Ansah and the 20th pick for Mack?

Absolutely.

8 hours ago, detroitlions72003 said:

I saw the same article and they asked if you would do a 2019 1st and Ziggy. That is a resounding yes for me. Especially as the Lions are looking like they shifting towards a 3/4 and ziggy is likely gone after this year and *hopefully* the Lions pick is in the early 20s next year instead of the teens.

So Ansah and the 20th pick for Mack?

Absolutely.

Do we have the cap room over the next several years to give Mack the extension he wants?

8 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

Do we have the cap room over the next several years to give Mack the extension he wants?

In the article they were saying that's one of the reasons it would make sense for the Lions because they did. I am not 100 percent sure but I would have to imagine if they did this trade it would be to sign him long term. I believe they said somewhere around $34m in cap room?

1 hour ago, diehardlionfan said:

I don’t see this being something Quinn would do. 

Ansah? No problem. I don’t think he gets tied to players.

I don’t see him trading 1 much less 2 first round picks, even for a player of Mack’s ability.

Those first round picks represent top level talent at reasonable cost. 

Its only next years first. That I would do. Anything further I would not. Mack is a top talent at a desperate position of need and hes young and could get locked up long term. Especially a late first as opposed to a top 10 pick and im game.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, detroitlions72003 said:

Its only next years first. That I would do. Anything further I would not. Mack is a top talent at a desperate position of need and hes young and could get locked up long term. Especially a late first as opposed to a top 10 pick and im game.

I would as well. It just doesn’t seem to be Quinn’s style.

Man I hate the Redskins and rejoice in anything bad that happens to them, but I feel bad for Guice, he seemed like a super talent and potentially one of those personalities that gives the league some juice (pun not intended). People in the general thread about this are saying they look forward to him using this as a chip on his shoulder but when a guy gets hurt this early there's no guarantee that they ever make it to where they could have been. Sucks

7 hours ago, Superduperman said:

Man I hate the Redskins and rejoice in anything bad that happens to them, but I feel bad for Guice, he seemed like a super talent and potentially one of those personalities that gives the league some juice (pun not intended). People in the general thread about this are saying they look forward to him using this as a chip on his shoulder but when a guy gets hurt this early there's no guarantee that they ever make it to where they could have been. Sucks

I agree. It’s a terrible blow. 

• 4 weeks later...

I was hearing something on a podcast that the Steelers may put Bell on the block with him still not showing up, I know he has a lot of wear and tear on him but if he is available should we make an offer? I know he would help the team out but comes with giving him a huge contract. do you think he'd be worth the pick up?