The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

X_Factor_40

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:20 AM, SimbaWho said:

Gotta spend money wisely, just cause you're scared over Dumars signings doesn't mean that's a rule to live by.

An nah, I'm not going rounds with you over Drummond. He's not that good, he's a tip up re-bounder so his numbers are inflated, especially his offensive numbers.

T'wolves finished in 8th because Jimmy got hurt, when healthy they via'd for top 4 in the west, and won them enough games when he returned with like three games left to get them into the 8th seed. You clearly just don't watch Jimmy Butler. 

Drummond's also not a top C in the league. I can literally name 10 or more that are better. The only thing he does do good is rebound and that's not worth 20 plus million. There are literally tons of C's doing more with less cash. 1 nice stat that fans don't know.... The last two years with Andre Drummond on the floor, Pistons have been outscored by 7.1 points per 100 possessions.... 

Even if we wanted to trade Andre Drummond, Fans around here don't realize that no one else wants him even.

I'm not scared to spend money, its just the guys worth spending on don't want to come to Detroit.  We can try all we want, but big names are not drawn to Detroit.

As for Drummond, I think your wrong.  He had concerns on his effort, but numbers don't lie.  When you lead the league in every defensive metric, you are probably pretty decent on D.  Bash him all you want, his value as a player is very similar to Butler.  Maybe not Butler 5 years ago, but Butler now.  And now with the inflated contracts, Drummond becomes easily moveable if we wanted to.

• Like 1

Idk I don't got much to say really. I can't help if you think Drummonds really good. Idk what metrics you're pointing too.

I'm not saying he's bad, but for what he does he's not a building block worth 20 million plus. If I could I would dump his salary and essentially start over. 

Edited by SimbaWho

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

guess Ameer Abdullah is going be playing more now.

also I think we should take a flyer on Ereck Flowers, worse case we cut him..  lang always seems to be hurt

A blocking dummy would be more effective than Flowers. Strong pass from me.

19 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

A blocking dummy would be more effective than Flowers. Strong pass from me.

I know he hasn't been good but man he was a top 9 pick, talk about a bust ohh well...

I heard on the pick 6 podcast Jason La Canfora say basically the  cards are open to make deals, should we make a move for Haason Reddick? I liked him coming in the draft.. also idk whats going on with the falcons but what if Vic Beasley became available should we make a move

53 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

I know he hasn't been good but man he was a top 9 pick, talk about a bust ohh well...

I heard on the pick 6 podcast Jason La Canfora say basically the  cards are open to make deals, should we make a move for Haason Reddick? I liked him coming in the draft.. also idk whats going on with the falcons but what if Vic Beasley became available should we make a move

I can’t remember where I read analysts feeling the Lions would be looking to add. 

It would make sense if they could add to the pass rush and the secondary. Pressure from the line is woeful. The secondary has played extremely well all things considered but with the injuries they likely need someone. 

Frankly I see things I like but I’m reluctant to get to excited by anything the Lions do. If and it’s a big if, Patricia and Quinn can get this team into the playoffs then I’m a believer.

I would like to know what IDOG_det thinks about the team from an overall perspective and where he thinks the Lions might seek to improve before the trade deadline.

Edited by diehardlionfan

Went to the Pistons game tonight for the FREE! Anyways, Drummond/Blake looked good. Drummond looked like the better player vs Jared Allen most of the night, and is much bigger. Honeslty Drummond could of even had a bigger night really but he got tacked with some fouls and couldn't play hard D late in the game. Blake dominated most of the game but the NETS really don't have a quality PF to throw out at him. 

Idk about Bruce Brown honestly... Not much of a shooter, looked terrible, good athlete/D. Needs to work on shooting though.  Kennard started I think and looked pretty good, looked like a complimentary player worth having around.

Thought they might lose when I heard Bullocks/Johnson weren't playing but, Drummond/Griffin played extremely well and idk how many points they scored but it seemed like a lot.

Should get better with a  Bullock/Johnson return.