The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

X_Factor_40

18 hours ago, Lionized said:

Brandon Marshall worked out for the lions. Please no. 

Do you want someone younger?

Idk, I just dont' see the point in even caring who they bring in for the rest of this season unless he's got potential to stick on for next year.

Edited by SimbaWho
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

Do you want someone younger?

Idk, I just dont' see the point in even caring who they bring in for the rest of this season unless he's got potential to stick on for next year.

It's funny because I personally thought the lions had decent depth at wr... I'd rather see what some of them got.. worry about getting a lb that can actually cover someone or anything at cb.. maybe an olmen...wth.

This gm is killing ma

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

Teryl Austin was just made a scapegoat by Marvin Lewis, he should already be on a plane here imo. I'd take him over Pasqualoni in a heartbeat, and even if they don't want him as DC because of scheme he'd be an amazing DB coach.

Maybe a scapegoat but they are near last in every category.  The D is on pace to be the worst D yardage wise in NFL history and has given up 500+ in 3 straight games.  I appreciate what he did here, but that D is worse than ours.

36 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Maybe a scapegoat but they are near last in every category.  The D is on pace to be the worst D yardage wise in NFL history and has given up 500+ in 3 straight games.  I appreciate what he did here, but that D is worse than ours.

I don't think those result are Austin's fault, Austin did better with worse talent in his time in Detroit. I'm more inclined to believe Marvin Lewis pulled rank and got involved and led to the poor performance. That's why I said I believe Austin was a scapegoat. 

1 hour ago, Nnivolcm said:

I don't think those result are Austin's fault, Austin did better with worse talent in his time in Detroit. I'm more inclined to believe Marvin Lewis pulled rank and got involved and led to the poor performance. That's why I said I believe Austin was a scapegoat. 

I'm not sold on that.  I get Marvin may have tried to influence things and should as the head coach but I doubt it was Marvin calling plays/coaching the D.  Lewis has far more goodwill in coaching good D's than Austin has.  That D with a different coach the last few years performed better.  They stink on D, and they have an offense good enough to win games so I can understand them making a change.

• Like 2

Yeah I kind of agree. Marvin Lewis is an above average coach imo. Not great but I mean he's better than a lot, he's battled and won(*Not in the playoffs) against Tomlinson and Harbaugh for a long time. 

Idk what the deal was totally there in Cincy, possibly just a bad fit for Austin. I don't think he's a bad coach either, he's been interviewed for head coaching jobs for crying out loud. Sometimes people, players, in spite of same scheme/style just don't click/fit with each-other. 

Austin could be on a team like the Buc's or something as early as next year, I'm not concerned he won't ever be back in the league. 

Edited by SimbaWho

Lions placed RG T.J. Lang (neck) on injured reserve.

The Lions promoted CB Mike Ford from the practice squad in the corresponding roster move. It's been an injury-plagued year for Lang, who has dealt with back and neck injuries as well as a concussion. Kenny Wiggins will play out the stretch at right guard for Detroit. Assuming the Lions bring him back for 2019, Lang will earn $8.25 million in the final year of his contract.