The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

X_Factor_40

2 hours ago, MortexLion said:

Anyone know what Jadeveon Clowney will go for in FA... can the Texans franchise tag? Would he fit here?

Doesn't he fit everyone in the league?

Bless your heart for thinking he'd even want to be around here. 

Edited by SimbaWho

13 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

Watching playoff football. Seeing the fans in the stands, the excitement.

I wonder what that’s like. 🤠

I'm torn. I don't know if I would like to see the Lions not make the playoffs but have optimism for next season (an annual tradition) or see them in the playoffs and get blown out like the Colts or Chargers.

My wife is still in shock.

I dutifully watch the games, without emotion. 🤠

My grandsons have outgrown their Lions jerseys. 

I fully support idog, yourself, jrugges and a handful of others for Lions GM.

Hardcore fans have far more invested in this team than those hired to “cough,” improve the team. At least you guys would inject some emotion. 

Starting next winter we will be spending winters in Vegas. I expect to be eventually following a new team. 

7 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

My wife is still in shock.

I dutifully watch the games, without emotion. 🤠

My grandsons have outgrown their Lions jerseys. 

I fully support idog, yourself, jrugges and a handful of others for Lions GM.

Hardcore fans have far more invested in this team than those hired to “cough,” improve the team. At least you guys would inject some emotion. 

Starting next winter we will be spending winters in Vegas. I expect to be eventually following a new team. 

I nominate @IDOG_det for GM. I'll take on position of fan ambassador. I don't know if the Raiders are going to be offering much upside (assuming you go with the local product). At least the Rams and Chargers are a short drive away.

My wife wonders why I keep coming back for more. Even she recognizes that this an ongoing thing. I stick around because in 2050 I want to be able to say that I was a fan when they were bad.

3 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I nominate @IDOG_det for GM. I'll take on position of fan ambassador. I don't know if the Raiders are going to be offering much upside (assuming you go with the local product). At least the Rams and Chargers are a short drive away.

My wife wonders why I keep coming back for more. Even she recognizes that this an ongoing thing. I stick around because in 2050 I want to be able to say that I was a fan when they were bad.

lol I'd love to be GM. That would actually justify all the time I spend watching prospects, fine-tuning mock drafts, etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IDOG_det said:

lol I'd love to be GM. That would actually justify all the time I spend watching prospects, fine-tuning mock drafts, etc.

Yeah, you certainly have much more vast knowledge than I do (and I'd guess most of the other posters around here). We went 0-16... so really, I don't think you could do any worse.

18 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I can be a  fan relic!

They can put up a picture of me with the caption,” this is what 50+ years of cheering for the Lions does to you.”

I just can't help but be a little annoyed how everyone basically cares about the Saints and their no call but Lions in 2014 basically got sweept under the rugg and fans told us we shouldn't of put ourselves in that position.

Hell they made a call and changed the call for the Lions. lol. Idk. Pretty bad. Rough the Zebras decide a whole lot of NFL games now'a'days.

2 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

I just can't help but be a little annoyed how everyone basically cares about the Saints and their no call but Lions in 2014 basically got sweept under the rugg and fans told us we shouldn't of put ourselves in that position.

Hell they made a call and changed the call for the Lions. lol. Idk. Pretty bad. Rough the Zebras decide a whole lot of NFL games now'a'days.

Finally - the CFL has one up on the NFL. I don't think that those calls should be reviewable but they should be challengeable.  Keep the current time out/review system in place. Automatic review in the last 2 minutes of game-changing calls. This would help eliminate blatantly obvious non-calls and a team can determine what is more important to them: the time-out or the penalty call. There's likely holding on every play in one way, shape or form so this would stop them from having to review each and every single play instead of just the important ones.