The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

X_Factor_40

1 minute ago, detroitlions72003 said:

2021 could be fun and the beginning of something. I just want them to be exciting with young guys even if they are not winning very much. Kinda like the Redwings. They are the 3rd worst team in the NHL by terms of points but they sure don't play like it and there is still a lot of enthusiasm surrounding them. If they can hit a top 3 pick next year this team could be built to win long term. Im with you on the position player for the Tigers. A top 5 pick and it needs to be so someone that is not a pitcher. Sometimes it feels like all they scout is pitchers in the 1st round though.

I think last year they would have taken a hitter if Mize wasn't so obviously the top prospect.  there are bats that would be exciting to have in the system but that was an easy call on Mize.  Fortunately, it looks like a good year for position players, both college and high school.  I am guessing if we think our pitching will be ready by 2020 or 2021 we will stick to college bats, if not grabbing a guy like Witt if he falls due to contract demands could be exciting for the franchise. 

11 minutes ago, detroitlions72003 said:

Speaking of bad Detroit teams. How many people are actually expecting the Pistons to blow it and not even make the playoffs after all at this point or is it just me?

I think they will limp in with the 8th seed and get swept. Then draft a mediocre player and and do it all over again for the rest of eternity.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, detroitlions72003 said:

and now Franklin Perez is hurt again. Daz Cameron better turn into something or that Verlander was not even worth it

Perez is still just 21, so there is time but the injuries are concerning.  I don't think its worth writing him off yet but also have to temper expectations and may add another year or two to his timeline. 

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 6:37 PM, diehardlionfan said:

Did you guys see the contract extension the Braves got Albies to sign?

Wow.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/04/braves-extend-ozzie-albies.html

Players are absolutely hating that deal at this point. The Braves have gotten away with robbery from the Albies and Acuna contracts spending less than half than what the Phillies are out here spending on Bryce Harper.

52 minutes ago, detroitlions72003 said:

Players are absolutely hating that deal at this point. The Braves have gotten away with robbery from the Albies and Acuna contracts spending less than half than what the Phillies are out here spending on Bryce Harper.

Those guys should be looking for new agents.