The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

X_Factor_40

2 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

Trading some of the pitching for hitting prospects would be awesome. Watching some of the pitching is certainly a pleasant surprise.

I also wouldn't mind moving Castellanos if a topo team is looking to send a few prospects.  I think we could potentially flip Greene for something decent.  I doubt anyone gives much for the others but having more prospects works.  I also am pretty sure we will get a bat in the first round this year.  Sounds like we are high on a HS OF Riley Greene.  I wish they would look at some of the college bats instead as I think our pitchers are closer than we expected.  But either way will be nice to have a high end bat in the minors again.

2 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

I didn't either. I had to google it. If he's trying to be racist he's doing it upside down though.

I have no idea what it means. 

People that know me understand how much I hate discrimination, racism, homophobia etc. I believe everyone is equal and deserving of participation in everything life has to offer.

Im concerned as more symbols, hand gestures, slogans get hijacked by these groups and individuals.

In Vegas a few years back I was ordering drinks at the pool bar and I had forgotten a few items. So I was signing my wife using a combination of sign language and hand movements we’ve used for years to indicate numbers. I’m wearing my old faded Tigers Cap and a fellow sitting at the bar says, “I bet you don’t do that in Detroit.”

Long story, shortened, a number of the gestures I used were apparently controversial gang signs. 👀

I don’t think anyone would mistake an old guy like me for a gang member unless it was the Dunlop gang (our stomachs dunlopped over our belts), but my kids, their spouses all use this stuff. So much communication is through gestures etc. I think some caution is in order when making judgements about intent of gestures. 

6 hours ago, TimeForChange said:

Where the hell does time go. Derek Anderson retired and he had that one crazy good year and made the pro bowl. In 2007. 12 years ago. I was thinking it was only 5 or so. 

Players retire at my age. Damn.

Oddly I thought he retired at least five years ago.

WOW! Ken Holland to the Oil. How does that make you feel diehard? Idk the details really, did Kenny get the keys to the whole castle?

Not quite the same exit as Joe Dumars where it was kinda of like thanks but please leave.... NOW!... Sadly. Kenny got a graceful crash landing and got to walk out cleanly. I appreciate everything he did here, some of the best hockey I ever watched was under his guidance. I just hope Red Wings win one before Kenny does in Edmonton. Lol. 

Side note - Red Wings have been doing a lot right here recently. Didn't love the resigning of Blashill at all but, Yzerman is known for cutting the fat when needed so he'll get a year 1 look and likely(imo) move on.  Exciting to have something happen in this town that gives fans some promise/hope!

Edited by SimbaWho
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

WOW! Ken Holland to the Oil. How does that make you feel diehard? Idk the details really, did Kenny get the keys to the whole castle?

Not quite the same exit as Joe Dumars where it was kinda of like thanks but please leave.... NOW!... Sadly. Kenny got a graceful crash landing and got to walk out cleanly. I appreciate everything he did here, some of the best hockey I ever watched was under his guidance. I just hope Red Wings win one before Kenny does in Edmonton. Lol. 

Side note - Red Wings have been doing a lot right here recently. Didn't love the resigning of Blashill at all but, Yzerman is known for cutting the fat when needed so he'll get a year 1 look and likely(imo) move on.  Exciting to have something happen in this town that gives fans some promise/hope!

Kenny got the GM title as well as President of Hockey Operations. He has total control of the hockey side of things. 5 years 25 million.

Like every Oiler hire it makes me nervous. 🤠 However Holland is as safe as you can get. It’s interesting he accepted the job given he had turned it down about one week earlier. 

In my view his greatest accomplishment was getting the Wings into the playoffs year after year. That’s hard given where the Wings drafted every year.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...