The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

X_Factor_40

That's the "rumor". Idk if these guys have real legs to stand on though. I might consider a 1 year extension with some kinda of signing bonus to make them feel better but they're both signed to solid contract that last two more years. 

Business is business though, can't totally blame these guys if they want paid more. They'd be cut in a second if they weren't living up to the money. 

1 hour ago, SimbaWho said:

That's the "rumor". Idk if these guys have real legs to stand on though. I might consider a 1 year extension with some kinda of signing bonus to make them feel better but they're both signed to solid contract that last two more years. 

Business is business though, can't totally blame these guys if they want paid more. They'd be cut in a second if they weren't living up to the money. 

Agreed.  Careers are so short that these guys need to get what they can while they can.  Slay has very little guaranteed money left and should try and change that while he can.  And honestly I think we should if they are reasonable. 

On 2019-05-24 at 9:18 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

Agreed.  Careers are so short that these guys need to get what they can while they can.  Slay has very little guaranteed money left and should try and change that while he can.  And honestly I think we should if they are reasonable. 

I don’t usually agree with negotiating new deals for guys that are signed, with term. However given the Lions current state I would work new deals with snacks and Slay. They both walk the walk and bring it every game. Pay the men.

On 5/25/2019 at 12:39 PM, diehardlionfan said:

Boy, the Detroit Tigers are bad at baseball. They better hope they develop 6 pitchers with the skills of Sandy Koufax because they sure lack anything resembling power in the lineup. 50 games and 39 HR. The team leader has 6. 👀

They really need to flip whatever they can this year for position player prospects.  Their pitching will be solid starting next year so get the bats, draft a couple high bats this year, and get ready to start the run in 21.  I expected them to be bad but having Castellanos and Miggy struggle as they have is making it worse than I imagined. 

12 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

They really need to flip whatever they can this year for position player prospects.  Their pitching will be solid starting next year so get the bats, draft a couple high bats this year, and get ready to start the run in 21.  I expected them to be bad but having Castellanos and Miggy struggle as they have is making it worse than I imagined. 

Frankly I’m amazed at Miggy losing his power, completely. Its like it just vanished.

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 8:46 AM, TimeForChange said:

Tigers just have nothing.

Trade Greene, Castellanos, some of the pitching. Focus on rebuilding the farm. Dump Miggy.

Years away from a competitive team.

I think they are decent next year and then competitive the year after.  Somewhat depends on the progress of some of the picks from the last couple of years and some depends on what we can get for the aging pieces we have now.  We have a couple solid bats coming up.  If Rogers keeps hitting he could be one of the best catchers in the league starting next year and seems to have a great affect on the pitchers.  There is not a star bat coming but there are some really decent good MLB player type bats not far out.  Once they arrive along with the pitchers, we can spend in free agency and fill the holes with good players instead of guys on their last legs in the MLB.  I hope we draft a solid college bat next week.  Would really help speed along this process.

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think they are decent next year and then competitive the year after.  Somewhat depends on the progress of some of the picks from the last couple of years and some depends on what we can get for the aging pieces we have now.  We have a couple solid bats coming up.  If Rogers keeps hitting he could be one of the best catchers in the league starting next year and seems to have a great affect on the pitchers.  There is not a star bat coming but there are some really decent good MLB player type bats not far out.  Once they arrive along with the pitchers, we can spend in free agency and fill the holes with good players instead of guys on their last legs in the MLB.  I hope we draft a solid college bat next week.  Would really help speed along this process.

Two years from now what do you think the lineup and rotation look like?

1 hour ago, TimeForChange said:

Two years from now what do you think the lineup and rotation look like?

Rotation:

Mize
Manning
Boyd
Turnbull
Perez
Fulmer/Faedo/Burrows/Free Agent signing

C Jake Rogers
1B Andrew Vaughn/JJ Bleday
2B Willi Castro/Kody Clemens
3B Jaimer Candalario
SS Isaac Paredes
OF Christin Stewart
OF Daz Cameron
OF Parker Meadows/JJ Bleday/(Riley Greene would likely be another year away if we draft him)
DH Miggy (seems untradeable)

This is where we likely would sit right now in 2021 if we don't make moves.  That rotation is pretty solid.  I think we trade at least 2 of Boyd/Fulmer/Turnbull before then hopefully for some hitting prospects.  For example there is talks of an Alec Bohm + for Boyd deal with the Phillies.  That would give us a solid top 50 overall 3B prospect who isn't too far offand would allow us to either move on from Candelario or move him to 2B/utility role (although I like Nico for that role still). That doesn't consider the potential of some other prospects with high upside but high bust potential like Tarik Skubal, Brock Deatherage, Kingston Liniak.  If one of them breaks out we have another trade piece or MLB piece. Add in a free agent or 2 in 2021 and that's a solid lineup with a solid rotation.

• 2 weeks later...