Jump to content
X_Factor_40

The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, TimeForChange said:

Myles Garrett career is over.

One swing. How many millions and millions of dollars that cost

Players as talented as him get more than 1 chance. I bet he plays again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TimeForChange said:

Myles Garrett career is over.

One swing. How many millions and millions of dollars that cost

He's out for the season and probably a couple games next year. His career isn't over. This is an isolated situation from a generally strong character guy. He was 1000% in the wrong for doing what he did. There just isn't a track record against him where this is an ongoing issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

He's out for the season and probably a couple games next year. His career isn't over. This is an isolated situation from a generally strong character guy. He was 1000% in the wrong for doing what he did. There just isn't a track record against him where this is an ongoing issue. 

While he certainly hasn’t swung a helmet before, he has been fined 50k for three separate incidents. He’s no angel and was on the leagues radar.

Edited by diehardlionfan
Grammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2019 at 12:05 PM, TimeForChange said:

Myles Garrett career is over.

One swing. How many millions and millions of dollars that cost

Cost him millions for sure! But... Career not over. He'll play again. Idk why people get so completely outraged when something like this happens on the field. Do I like it or think it should be tolerated... NO! But, I'm just not surprised. At all. Not because I think he's a bad dude or anything it's just a violent sport with some serious testosterone flowing through these guys who are aggressive in nature.(Cause football is aggressive!)

Its like Hockey or any other sport... to a degree, I expect something to happen sometime. It'll boil over. Tempers flare.... I expect him to be suspended 2 games or so next year as well. I just wonder if the Browns actually release him or not. My guess... is no. An I really wouldn't either if I owned the team. He made a ridiculous mistake but, if he does his time then he's paid for the crime as far as the league is concerned.... I need him to win games. His endorsements and parading him in front of cameras would be done/avoided but... Hey, he's got skill. 

Frank Clark punched a women and got drafted and signed a 100 million dollar contract... 

Edited by SimbaWho
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

Cost him millions for sure! But... Career not over. He'll play again. Idk why people get so completely outraged when something like this happens on the field. Do I like it or think it should be tolerated... NO! But, I'm just not surprised. At all. Not because I think he's a bad dude or anything it's just a violent sport with some serious testosterone flowing through these guys who are aggressive in nature.(Cause football is aggressive!)

Its like Hockey or any other sport... to a degree, I expect something to happen sometime. It'll boil over. Tempers flare.... I expect him to be suspended 2 games or so next year as well. I just wonder if the Browns actually release him or not. My guess... is no. An I really wouldn't either if I owned the team. He made a ridiculous mistake but, if he does his time then he's paid for the crime as far as the league is concerned.... I need him to win games. His endorsements and parading him in front of cameras would be done/avoided but... Hey, he's got skill. 

Frank Clark punched a women and got drafted and signed a 100 million dollar contract... 

I think you’re pretty much spot on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-11-20 at 4:58 PM, nagahide13 said:

Leafs fired Babcock. @diehardlionfan, what's the skinny?

Players either love him, or hate him. He lost the room BIG TIME and the players quit.There have been stories for years that he can be abusive and demeaning.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Red Wings need to fire Jeff Blashill man. I can't really think of a reason to keep him around. It's not like he's playing young guys heavy minutes... I'm not sure he's developed players really well. I know they've got major injuries but man... Offense to defense is terrible. 

Robby Fabbri trade has worked out well for us. He's at least a 2nd line threat that was sorely lacking, though he's been playing on the 1st line a lot with Mantha injuried. Need Mantha back badly. Team can't generate many goals without him. 

We're firmly entrenched for the Lafreniere and Byfield sweepstakes! 

Really need to target a 1D and a really good 2C with some of the assets we do have like AA, Prospects, Earlier picks outside the 1st round.

They're going to lose some people like they did with the Tigers if they go on a 3-5 year rebuild plan with no significant improvements early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2019 at 11:14 AM, diehardlionfan said:

Players either love him, or hate him. He lost the room BIG TIME and the players quit.There have been stories for years that he can be abusive and demeaning.

 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mike-babcock-allegedly-verbally-assaulted-johan-franzen-detroit-red-wings-183958192.html

Damn. I guess I didn't realize he was such a turd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should Lions pick up Janoris Jenkins? 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28290276/giants-waive-cb-janoris-jenkins-offensive-tweet-fan

 

Doubt it happens cause for us it's a move for the future (next year) and the current regime shouldn't be apart of the choices for the future so. I think this will just pass us by and we'll see him on a team like Philly or even Minnesota/GB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

Should Lions pick up Janoris Jenkins? 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28290276/giants-waive-cb-janoris-jenkins-offensive-tweet-fan

 

Doubt it happens cause for us it's a move for the future (next year) and the current regime shouldn't be apart of the choices for the future so. I think this will just pass us by and we'll see him on a team like Philly or even Minnesota/GB. 

If the Lions were going to move on from Quinn and Patricia, I would expect that they'd make the move already. So there's a very good chance that they'll be here and making choices in the immediate future. Jenkins has lost a step and was highly paid, which is two parts of a three part equation on why he's being released. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

Should Lions pick up Janoris Jenkins? 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28290276/giants-waive-cb-janoris-jenkins-offensive-tweet-fan

 

Doubt it happens cause for us it's a move for the future (next year) and the current regime shouldn't be apart of the choices for the future so. I think this will just pass us by and we'll see him on a team like Philly or even Minnesota/GB. 

I read he has no guaranteed salary left. If claimed and a new regime comes in and doesn't want him it costs nothing to cut him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...