The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

X_Factor_40

I prolly wouldn't hire the guy I wanted till the end of the year, firing him is strictly on principle type thing at this point being we're a -70 in goal difference which is HUGE, more than just a few empty net stat pads. There are games where 2-4 goals are scored within 10 minutes. 

Zadina should realistically be looking at 15-20 mins a night, he's one of the more talented players on the team at this point. There isn't a reason to play him 12/13 minutes a night, around 4 minutes a period... Even less even strength time per period if you wanna account his PP time. He should go to Grand Rapids if he isn't going to get legit ice time. 

It's not a new concern of mine, the roster is bad, I give him that but they're way too many epic breakdowns week in an out. There isn't a coach I'd want to replace him with right now anyways that I think could even make a 6.5 game difference( thats how far back we are; 13 or 14 points) so, firing him and replacing him doesn't worry me about our draft position really. The way he's using players kind of worries me. 

Even still gotta temper expectations, luckily Red Wings have 2 players that look solid at 1 and 2. All the worst team is guaranteed in the NHL is the 4th pick or better. It's only a 35% chance we actually get the 1st or 2nd pick and are able to draft one of the two. 

Edited by SimbaWho

It may only be a 35% chance, but it's still the highest chance in the NHL.

I like Zadina, but he has hardly done anything to earn 20 minutes per night. He's getting decent NHL minutes with a number of quality players. I have no issue with Zadina's ice time.

As for the rest: firing a coach just to fire a coach seems like unnecessary turbulence, in my opinion. If you want the top pick, play the young guys and stay the course. If you want to win, fire the coach, make some trades and make a push. Wanting the top pick, being in position for the top pick and firing the coach for being in that position is an aimless decision, in my opinion.

• Like 1

I see you guys are still keeping this place active!!

Sorry I've been MIA. I got into a really bad accident and was in the hospital for 3 months before they moved me into a long term rehab facility. I'm living in Ohio now, close to Cincinnati. Sucks getting local Bengal feeds and surrounded by Bengals/Browns/OSU fans. :(

Even though I couldn't get on-line and chat with all of you, I was able to follow our Lions and sill bleed the Honolulu blue. I hope to be active again.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Sorry I've been MIA. I got into a really bad accident and was in the hospital for 3 months before they moved me into a long term rehab facility. I'm living in Ohio now, close to Cincinnati. Sucks getting local Bengal feeds and surrounded by Bengals/Browns/OSU fans. :(

Even though I couldn't get on-line and chat with all of you, I was able to follow our Lions and sill bleed the Honolulu blue. I hope to be active again.

Oh no! Sorry to hear that man. Get better.

(I spent two years in Cincinnati. The wife loved it there.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2020 at 6:12 PM, Louis Friend said:

Holy crap dude. Hope you're doing better now. Glad to see you back. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

The ball season is rapidly approaching. 

it looks like the Tigers will be a better team but still a long way to contend.

Hoping Miggy can stay healthy and be effective.

I’m excited for the youth movement. Mize, Manning and Skubal really excite me.  Faedo could become a solid 4/5.  Hoping Norris finally turns the corner and we can flip Boyd and Fulmer for some hitting prospects.  Adding another bat (Martin or Torkelson) this year along with Greene and Paredes.  Then just would be nice to see one or two of our hitters develop (Quintana, Cameron, Deathrage, Clemens etc).  Overall I think we are on the 2022 timeframe to compete but should be fun watching the young guys develop. 

• Like 1