X_Factor_40

The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

Posted (edited)
On 1/12/2020 at 6:12 PM, Louis Friend said:

I see you guys are still keeping this place active!!

Sorry I've been MIA. I got into a really bad accident and was in the hospital for 3 months before they moved me into a long term rehab facility. I'm living in Ohio now, close to Cincinnati. Sucks getting local Bengal feeds and surrounded by Bengals/Browns/OSU fans. :(

Even though I couldn't get on-line and chat with all of you, I was able to follow our Lions and sill bleed the Honolulu blue. I hope to be active again.

Wow, sorry to hear about this, but cool to see you are back and aren't gone for good! I hope you are alright and everything is fine and you are doing great. 

Edited by SimbaWho

Red Wings have locked up the top selection in the NHL draft, guaranteed to pick 4th or better.

Obviously I want LW Alexis  Lafreniere, Red Wings will have to land the 1st pick overall. Top talent in the draft, great play maker with goal scoring hands too, little grit in his game too which will help. Year 1 starter with potential to develop into a dominate player. Think Auston Matthews/Taylor Hall. 

I'll settle for C Quinton Byfield. Who I think can make a transition into the NHL in a year or two.* JMO * Big center with top line potential. Think Ryan Getzlaf/Eric Staal. 

Luckily Red Wings have 3 good options in the draft with Lucas Raymond being another really good top notch prospect. Might need a year or two in the AHL for the north american game. Little more development here than the two above but a top notch prospect with the potential to be a great scorer. Think Tyler Johnson

If Red Wings pick fourth and pushed out of the lottery totally, that'll be a major bummer to me. It'll cost us another year on the rebuild too imo, IDK who to go for at this point. I guess the Russain goal-tender Yaroslav Askarov. 

How do other people feel? Does anyone else even pay attention? lol. 

• Like 1

Dropping to 4th would be absolutely brutal.

It's cool that Lafreniere has a rapport with Veleno. They played on the same line together for Canada and have a strong relationship. Bringing Lafreniere to the Wings would be a huge boost to the rebuild.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Dropping to 4th would be absolutely brutal.

It's cool that Lafreniere has a rapport with Veleno. They played on the same line together for Canada and have a strong relationship. Bringing Lafreniere to the Wings would be a huge boost to the rebuild.

It is really, If they win that pick, wow... Idk if most fans realize that the Red Wings also have 40 million plus dollars to spend, with EVEN MORE comming off the books the following season... Now; they'll have to resign/pay Mantha/Bertuzzi but still that should leave plenty on the table to patch some holes in FA, along with young players being blended in like Rasmussen/Zadina/Seider/Lindsrom/possibly Lafreniere... 

I think right now, even though they were brutal to watch this year... lol, Red Wings are on track to be the first team in Detroit to contend for a title again. 

Going down the rabbit hole of scouting/watching hockey prospects is completely rediculous... Theres like five leagues in north america alone to watch (WHL/OHL/CHL/USHL/QMJHL/NCAA/) Euro leagues (KHL/SHL/Liiga/DEL) even outliers like the German league where Seider came from. It's crazy compared to football/basketball. 

Edited by SimbaWho
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

This is a nothing story. He didn't want to come here in the first place but then the team bends his usage to his demands, he signs an extension and then never wanted to be here after being released because he was costly and had a crappy 2019 season. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

This is a nothing story. He didn't want to come here in the first place but then the team bends his usage to his demands, he signs an extension and then never wanted to be here after being released because he was costly and had a crappy 2019 season. 

He and mike daniel's stole $$ from the lions in 2019  for 9 mil and 11 mil for NOTHING BUT TRASH

• Like 1

11 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

Another player that didn’t want to be in a Detroit. I’m not surprised.

It was scheme fit. Had nothing to do with not wanting to be in the city, coaches, etc. He wanted to expressly play 0 - 1 T and they would ask him to play 3T at times in their multiple scheme. 

7 hours ago, MortexLion said:

He and mike daniel's stole $$ from the lions in 2019  for 9 mil and 11 mil for NOTHING BUT TRASH

Yeah but at least Mike Daniels has expressed that he wants to come back. I think he wants to prove that it was an off year for him and he likes the multiple scheme.