The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

X_Factor_40

1 minute ago, diehardlionfan said:

I’m sure tired of the awfulness. 

I've been doing this for nearly 12 years. I know you've been dealing with it for far longer... I certainly sympathize with you on that. My wife thinks I'm crazy for putting myself through all of this suffering voluntarily.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2018-01-31 at 10:01 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

A little late here but the Pistons are making moves.  Not sure it makes us any more competitive but it should be fun to watch.  Looks like it already sparked Drummond to play harder which has always been a knock on him.

I think it makes the Pistons better but I don’t think it makes them good enough.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Important game tonight against Montreal for the Red Wings in the Rasmus Dahlin sweepstakes!!! I'll take Brady Tkachuk as a consulation though.

I know diehard is hoping for some luck in the lottery.

Anyone else actually pay attetion to hockey around here? Or just in the glory days?

Edited by SimbaWho

4 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

Important game tonight against Montreal for the Red Wings in the Rasmus Dahlin sweepstakes!!! I'll take Brady Tkachuk as a consulation though.

Anyone else actually pay attetion to hockey around here? Or just in the glory days?

I'm a fair weather fan for sure.  I don't enjoy it enough to follow regularly but keep an eye on them throughout the year. 

17 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

I can hope, but it’s not going to happen.

I actually expect Edmonton to move the pick.

What are the Oil going to move the pick for? Goalie? 2nd line help? Defensemen?

Red Wings could become trade partners with them depending on how the Oil feel about some of the wings defensemen. None are great, but they won't cost the early round pick either.

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:30 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

I'm a fair weather fan for sure.  I don't enjoy it enough to follow regularly but keep an eye on them throughout the year. 

The draft is coming up and there are quite a few players in the NHL draft that could step in year one or two to help out there NHL teams. There isn't a Connor McDavid or Crosby but there are about 3 guys who should be very good NHL players imo, and even rarer to find a draft where guys are ready to step into the league, especially on defense. A Rasmus Dahlin draft would really help any team rebuild x10 fold. Guys with his skill level now are getting signed to big deals and there just aren't many really talented defensemen around the league.

All these guys got 3-4 million dollars for about 25 points in the season which I think is what most people are expecting from Dahlin his rookie season, a very good one for a rookie defensemen. He's been compared to many talented defensemen but the best one I heard and liked was by Niklas Lidstrom who said he plays and looks like Brain Leetch skating out on the ice.

Brady Tkachuck.... To me his player comparison is... Brendan Shanahan. Lofty I know and a name many will recognize around here if you've watched the Wings at all but Yeah, kids good, with skills in skating, puck handling, nice hard quick release on his shot, strong around the net and the best part is he's tough/nasty and willing to back it all up. If he can keep the tough guy role up without many goofy incidents, he could be a future teams captain imo.

Andrei Svechnikov is also very good imo, I think he'll devlope into a top forward for most teams and I compair his game to someone like Hossa/Kovalchuck. Great skills with the puck, undeniable shot/ability. Goal per game almost in the OHL. Have to love this kid if you're drafting top 5.

Hockey is tough though, The potential of these three are high but they need to continue to develop still, while also staying healthy. Alot of careers end from no good health in Hockey. Zetterberg recently commented he's going to hang it up if he's not healthy, and unfortunately I really want him to come back and play with one of the two forwards if we draft one of those guys. He'll really help their development/transition playing with a smart/skilled veteran like him. Health is always key though in hockey and if he's hurting, I don't blame him to call it career. No bonus points in developing youth for Zetterberg.

Red Wings also need to really consider firing Jeff Blashill and hiring Lindy Ruff as Head Coach. He's a good coach out there for young players to learn from. I think he's the guy that can right this ship in 1-3 years and make the team playoff competitive again.

Jeff Blashill needs to be an assistant coach for awhile, he just seems like a prickly guy without much NHL credentials which, idk, makes you not very likeable or respected. Which you're players don't need to like you but they do need to respect you and buy what you are selling them.  

Edited by SimbaWho