X_Factor_40

The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

The first glimpse of the future for the Tigers is on its way.  Tarik Skubal will throw tomorrow, Casey Mize the day after and Isaac Paredes has been called up to man 3B, likely moving Candy to 1B.  Finally a reason to watch the Tigers again.  And hopefully Manning and Faedo get a look later this year as well.  Should be a good chunk of our rotation for the next 5 years.  

On 8/17/2020 at 4:57 PM, Sllim Pickens said:

The first glimpse of the future for the Tigers is on its way.  Tarik Skubal will throw tomorrow, Casey Mize the day after and Isaac Paredes has been called up to man 3B, likely moving Candy to 1B.  Finally a reason to watch the Tigers again.  And hopefully Manning and Faedo get a look later this year as well.  Should be a good chunk of our rotation for the next 5 years.  

Having watched a few games it pains me to watch Miggy. 

54 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

Having watched a few games it pains me to watch Miggy. 

It has been tough.  He is a shell of himself, and I am sure playing on an awful team really kills his motivation.  He needs to retire but won't with that much money on the table. 

Posted (edited)
On 8/20/2020 at 8:47 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

It has been tough.  He is a shell of himself, and I am sure playing on an awful team really kills his motivation.  He needs to retire but won't with that much money on the table. 

Mize looked really, really good.

Edited by diehardlionfan
Spelling.

On 8/21/2020 at 11:09 PM, diehardlionfan said:

Mize looked really, really good.

Agreed.  Skubal looked really good in his second game as well.  5ks in 2.1 innings is on pace with his MiLB numbers.  Paredes has been solid too, with 6 RBI in 4 games.  The future is exciting for Detroit, just wish they had one or two more bats in the minors.  I am guessing Tork and Greene come up next year, along with Manning and Faedo. 

Maybe we can flip Turnbull, Boyd, Fulmer, or Farmer for some bats.  ALbeit nothing too great given their struggles this year. 

On 8/24/2020 at 9:29 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

Agreed.  Skubal looked really good in his second game as well.  5ks in 2.1 innings is on pace with his MiLB numbers.  Paredes has been solid too, with 6 RBI in 4 games.  The future is exciting for Detroit, just wish they had one or two more bats in the minors.  I am guessing Tork and Greene come up next year, along with Manning and Faedo. 

Maybe we can flip Turnbull, Boyd, Fulmer, or Farmer for some bats.  ALbeit nothing too great given their struggles this year. 

The lineup has been looking better than I expected. I’m thrilled to see Cabrera improving.

WR John Ross from Cincy requested a trade. should we call and ask about him. Ross,Golladay, Jones, Hock. looks pretty decent to me. im guessing cincy will take a pick from 5-7 for him. 

41 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

WR John Ross from Cincy requested a trade. should we call and ask about him. Ross,Golladay, Jones, Hock. looks pretty decent to me. im guessing cincy will take a pick from 5-7 for him. 

He will be a free agent after this year so its likely a half season rental.  Might be easier to sign him next year if he likes it here but not sure he has done enough to make it worth giving anything for him.