The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

X_Factor_40

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

I'm not a UM guy but you're not really wrong at least in recent history. For being a big name the Wolverines really fall below what I would consider reasonable expectations for a program with that kind of coach and history. 

Michigan still is able to recruit with the best of them, maybe a touch below Bama, Ohio St and Clemson but the are recruiting with Oklahoma and that tier. They should be able to compete or at least be Penn St./Wisconsin good.  They have not finished above third in their division since he got there.  He has won absolutely nothing other than an undeserved trip to a major bowl game.  If he was my coach, i would want him fired when he is doing nothing better than what Hoke or Rich Rod did there.  But being an MSU fan, I hope he sticks around and continues to embarrass them on and off the field. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

this is all hypothetical if we fire matty p at the end of the yr & Michigan gets rid of Jim Harbaugh, do we go after him as our next head coach? if not who would you want to be our next head coach

Interesting, I've been wondering about this as well. I don't know who I'd want for coach, but I don't want Harbaugh.  I didn't really want him for Michigan, but I thought we could do worse than him as well.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

this is all hypothetical if we fire matty p at the end of the yr & Michigan gets rid of Jim Harbaugh, do we go after him as our next head coach? if not who would you want to be our next head coach

Eric Beniemy, Brain Daboll, maybe... Greg Roman. 

2 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

Why?

Eric Beniemy has historically been a good running backs coach outside of his job in KC. I think he'll bring a good mix of run/pass to our offense if Staffords here or not. 

Brain Daboll is doing a really great job with the Buffalo offense and devloping them. If we get a young QB and move on from Stafford I think he's a solid guy to bring in to develop the offense and new QB.

Greg Roman has always had physical O lines and running game. Helps out his teams Qb's/defense with solid time of possessions. Hasn't really proved it as a HC but has proven himself over I think as a very capable offensive coordinator. I think he'll work well with Stafford or a new QB if one is brought in. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Eric Beniemy has historically been a good running backs coach outside of his job in KC. I think he'll bring a good mix of run/pass to our offense if Staffords here or not. 

Brain Daboll is doing a really great job with the Buffalo offense and devloping them. If we get a young QB and move on from Stafford I think he's a solid guy to bring in to develop the offense and new QB.

Greg Roman has always had physical O lines and running game. Helps out his teams Qb's/defense with solid time of possessions. Hasn't really proved it as a HC but has proven himself over I think as a very capable offensive coordinator. I think he'll work well with Stafford or a new QB if one is brought in. 

Thanks. I always like to hear how people rate coaches. Beniemy seems to be at the top if everyone’s list.

14 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

Dang it, Obbi Toppin is pretty cool, I'd of picked him for sure. Then goes 1 after, goes to Knicks, didn't know he was from New York. Cool story. Don't know a thing about Killian Hayes, hope it works out. 

I think Obi Toppin is one of those that is a good college player but will be trash in the pros.  He is worse than Lamelo Ball on D and although he shoots a high percentage, it was all on dunks.  I think he will flounder and be out of the league like many other undersized, unathletic bigs that doesn't play defense. Hayes is raw, sort of like Sekou, but thats good IMO.  Let them both develop this year and next while hopefully getting better draft picks in stronger drafts.  If we can get a top 3 pick next year and see development from Sekou and Hayes, we will be in good shape to be a destination and place where free agents might have some interest.