The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

X_Factor_40

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Not sure how many are interested in the Wings, but last night's win was a hard-fought victory. The team is significantly better than last year, and there are a bunch of young, fantastic prospects in the pipeline. It'll be interesting to see if they can become anything close to what they used to be.

Still two years away. Goaltending is fine and after we get Seider, defence will be decent.

Unfortunately this years draft isnt that good, there wont be difference maker for us and propably we will win lottery when its not necessary.

Next years draft would be nice to win.

6 minutes ago, teude said:

Still two years away. Goaltending is fine and after we get Seider, defence will be decent.

Unfortunately this years draft isnt that good, there wont be difference maker for us and propably we will win lottery when its not necessary.

Next years draft would be nice to win.

Absolutely.

I think it could take even longer, but we're certainly on the right trajectory.

I've heard the Watson for Stafford rumors.

But, what the heck. Why would he want to come up here when he's leaving but he's upset with the way the current franchise handles things, or historically have.

I don't think this rumor has a shot just based on Lions history. Idk. 

19 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Not sure how many are interested in the Wings, but last night's win was a hard-fought victory. The team is significantly better than last year, and there are a bunch of young, fantastic prospects in the pipeline. It'll be interesting to see if they can become anything close to what they used to be.

I watch quite a bit of hockey. Talk a little with Diehard time to time on here.

Red Wings need help up the middle. Fabbri is a ok experiment so far, it's nice to figure out what you have. Pierre-Luc Dubois needs to be targeted. Not sure it can happen but, getting a legit center threat on that 2nd line needs to be a huge priority.

Rasmussen/Veleno don't look to be those guys right now, still NHL'ers but more 3rd line guys.

Wingers are developing well! Zadina has looked really good this year so far. They've got some good looking guys in the system at Winger, like you mentioned.

Mo Seider could walk in and be our best defense-men immediately.

LHD- Owen Powers is the guy I've got my eye's on during draft time. For the season, just looking for competitive hockey, don't expect a winner. Don't expect epic levels like last year either though.

No one I'd say is exceptional though, so it's a good year to trade that 1stOA if you target a stud available.

24 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

I've heard the Watson for Stafford rumors.

But, what the heck. Why would he want to come up here when he's leaving but he's upset with the way the current franchise handles things, or historically have.

I don't think this rumor has a shot just based on Lions history. Idk. 

Or why would Stafford want to go to Houston? He's already been with a franchise full of mediocrity for 12 years. I would bet money that Stafford would retire before going to the Texans in their current state. They are in a similar if not worse off position than the Lions. 

If they can keep Deshaun happy and hire a good coach, they could jump ahead of the Lions because of Watson. 

40 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Or why would Stafford want to go to Houston? He's already been with a franchise full of mediocrity for 12 years. I would bet money that Stafford would retire before going to the Texans in their current state. They are in a similar if not worse off position than the Lions. 

If they can keep Deshaun happy and hire a good coach, they could jump ahead of the Lions because of Watson. 

Stafford grew up in Texas.

I don't think there is any chance the trade happens because the Texans would be crazy to let Watson leave. 

Just now, Nnivolcm said:

Stafford grew up in Texas.

I don't think there is any chance the trade happens because the Texans would be crazy to let Watson leave. 

I'm very well aware that he grew up there. There's just no other reason to think he would ever want to go to the dumpster fire that is the Houston Texans. He hasn't won anything here. If he's going to keep playing it's because he is going to play for a team that he thinks has a chance at taking significant steps forward. Whether that is in Detroit because he believes in the new direction or on another roster. The only reason he would want to play for a team like the Lions (or Lions - Houston Edition) is because he's already there and has established roots. The Stafford's live in Atlanta, GA and Newport Coast, CA in the off-season. If they had a house in Texas, it might be more plausible. I just don't see it happening at all.

37 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I'm very well aware that he grew up there. There's just no other reason to think he would ever want to go to the dumpster fire that is the Houston Texans. He hasn't won anything here. If he's going to keep playing it's because he is going to play for a team that he thinks has a chance at taking significant steps forward. Whether that is in Detroit because he believes in the new direction or on another roster. The only reason he would want to play for a team like the Lions (or Lions - Houston Edition) is because he's already there and has established roots. The Stafford's live in Atlanta, GA and Newport Coast, CA in the off-season. If they had a house in Texas, it might be more plausible. I just don't see it happening at all.

Many people settle down close to where they grew up. 

26 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

Many people settle down close to where they grew up. 

Completely fair. That seems to be what they're doing by staying in Atlanta. Both Matthew and Kelly went to Georgia. Kelly's brother and Bills WR coach, Chad Hall, was born in Atlanta. 

On 1/18/2021 at 10:03 AM, SimbaWho said:

I watch quite a bit of hockey. Talk a little with Diehard time to time on here.

Red Wings need help up the middle. Fabbri is a ok experiment so far, it's nice to figure out what you have. Pierre-Luc Dubois needs to be targeted. Not sure it can happen but, getting a legit center threat on that 2nd line needs to be a huge priority.

Rasmussen/Veleno don't look to be those guys right now, still NHL'ers but more 3rd line guys.

Wingers are developing well! Zadina has looked really good this year so far. They've got some good looking guys in the system at Winger, like you mentioned.

Mo Seider could walk in and be our best defense-men immediately.

LHD- Owen Powers is the guy I've got my eye's on during draft time. For the season, just looking for competitive hockey, don't expect a winner. Don't expect epic levels like last year either though.

No one I'd say is exceptional though, so it's a good year to trade that 1stOA if you target a stud available.

Dubois would be an excellent addition to any team. 

• Like 1