The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

X_Factor_40

51 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Absolutely. Got a slightly younger but very good player and some quality picks.

He improved consistency and as you mentioned got quality picks. I’m interested to see what he does with the additional 1st. Most teams would be trying to defer the pick to 2022. If he uses it I think it speaks highly of the completeness of the scouting departments work. 

Scouting currently is problematic. Teams whose scouts were prepared prior to the pandemic will allow some teams an advantage.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

The Tigers are simply dreadful at offence. 

They are bad.  Good news is the minor league season starts up and hoping Tork, Paredes and Greene can make some waves.  I'm expecting another dreadful year from the Tigers given their young pitchers aren't doing well either.  We really need them to figure it out and turn things around.  Mize is looking better than Skubal but neither look to be the elite top of the rotation guys we hoped right off the bat anyways. 

On 5/4/2021 at 11:32 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

They are bad.  Good news is the minor league season starts up and hoping Tork, Paredes and Greene can make some waves.  I'm expecting another dreadful year from the Tigers given their young pitchers aren't doing well either.  We really need them to figure it out and turn things around.  Mize is looking better than Skubal but neither look to be the elite top of the rotation guys we hoped right off the bat anyways. 

Greene is hopefully up soon. The young arms are worrisome. It’s still early but so far they haven’t met expectations.

I think every Tiger fan loves Cabrera but thank goodness there’s only two years left on his contract

• Like 1

If Mize and Skubal don't start showing some improvement this year the Tigers future is looking pretty bleak. Matt Manning didn't look great in his debut yesterday either.

They should be able to get Rocker or Leiter in the draft though, if they want to go for more pitching.

3 hours ago, davisblack said:

If Mize and Skubal don't start showing some improvement this year the Tigers future is looking pretty bleak. Matt Manning didn't look great in his debut yesterday either.

They should be able to get Rocker or Leiter in the draft though, if they want to go for more pitching.

Certainly not good on the pitching front. Do you really think Leiter will be available to them? I expect the only choice will be Rocker of the pair.

1 hour ago, diehardlionfan said:

Certainly not good on the pitching front. Do you really think Leiter will be available to them? I expect the only choice will be Rocker of the pair.

I think they do have a chance at Leiter. No one really seems to be the consensus #1 pick yet. Leiter and Rocker could go one and two and then the Tigers might have to take the top HS bat. Still a lot of college ball left to be played.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davisblack said:

I think they do have a chance at Leiter. No one really seems to be the consensus #1 pick yet. Leiter and Rocker could go one and two and then the Tigers might have to take the top HS bat. Still a lot of college ball left to be played.

I don’t see Leiter falling past 2.  I’m not overly excited about our draft outlook this year but we are looking to be the top pick next year too.  

On 5/9/2021 at 8:46 AM, SimbaWho said:

Bet 5$ Lions would win the NFC North... o.O9_9B|

I bet $10 they'd win the SB... $1500 payout. 

Also bet $40 the Broncos would win the SB with a $2500 payout. Rodgers going to Denver would be a perfect case of "two birds, one stone". 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

I bet $10 they'd win the SB... $1500 payout. 

Also bet $40 the Broncos would win the SB with a $2500 payout. Rodgers going to Denver would be a perfect case of "two birds, one stone". 

I’ve read the shuttle but as well.

It wouldn’t surprise me to seem him build a very nice home in Las Vegas. 

28 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

I’ve read the shuttle but as well.

It wouldn’t surprise me to seem him build a very nice home in Las Vegas. 

I never do the sports betting thing but thought it would be fun giving the noise around the Broncos and the odds at the time. Chances are he'll wind up in Vegas and win the SB, I'll lose money and Gruden will be given credit for being a master HC. 

2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I never do the sports betting thing but thought it would be fun giving the noise around the Broncos and the odds at the time. Chances are he'll wind up in Vegas and win the SB, I'll lose money and Gruden will be given credit for being a master HC. 

I have a lot of people in my life that would love to see him in Denver. 

Vegas just seems natural to me.