The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

X_Factor_40

• 3 weeks later...

Another terrible start for Matt Manning today, hopefully he can turn things around soon and get some big league innings this year.

In positive news Tork had his first 2 HR game the other day. Also the Tigers future C Dillon Dingler is showing a lot of pop in A+, 2nd in the league in HR with 7. Riley Greene is still playing really well, he should be a well rounded all star caliber player in the future if he keeps working hard.

9 hours ago, davisblack said:

Another terrible start for Matt Manning today, hopefully he can turn things around soon and get some big league innings this year.

In positive news Tork had his first 2 HR game the other day. Also the Tigers future C Dillon Dingler is showing a lot of pop in A+, 2nd in the league in HR with 7. Riley Greene is still playing really well, he should be a well rounded all star caliber player in the future if he keeps working hard.

I am going to the Whitecaps game next Thursday to see Tork and Dingler and Cabrerra.  Tork not only is hot hitting bombs, but has a .392 OBP.  He isnt getting pitches to hit but is showing great patience at the plate having almost as many walks as Ks.  Unfortunately Parker Meadows is having an absolutely awful year.  

Some other prospects having solid years are Wencel Perez, Gage Workman, and Daz Cameron.  

Also Mize and Skubal seem to be figuring it out after rough starts in the majors.  Mize has 6 quality starts in his last 7 games with the other one being a 5 inning 1 run outing which is pretty much a quality start.  Skubal brought his ERA down from 6.50 to 4.59 in his last few starts.  Finally getting his K rate back to where it was in the minors. 

Starting to feel a lot more optimistic about the Tigers.  Sort of hoping they get one of the Vanderbilt pitchers in the draft this year to add to the rotation as both seem close to MLB ready and will bolster the rotation.  Plus most of the bats at the top of the draft are high school kids that will take a few years.  If Greene and Tork come up soon and Paredes proves decent, we have a solid core of batters that we can add a free agent or two into the mix and have a solid lineup to go with the pitching. 

• Like 1

Went to the Whitecaps game last night and the young guys put on a show.  Tork was 3 for 3 with with a double and 2 walks and raised his OBP to .438 and scored three runs. Dingler went 3 for 5 with a double and a run scored and raised his OBP to .403. Daniel Cabrera went 2-4 with a walk and 3 RBI although he did strike out with the bases loaded and no outs.  Was a fun night and got me excited for the future of the Tigers lineup. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

Detroit Pistons won the #1 pick in the NBA draft lottery. Big year for Detroit teams rebuilding. 

That’s a big win for the franchise. I don’t follow it to closely but if I remember they had numerous picks last year so adding the right player could really launch the team.

1 hour ago, diehardlionfan said:

I’m surprised nowhere on this forum are CJ’s recent statements about willingness to play anywhere other than Detroit being discussed.

I think it's interesting. Surely another team could've offered to trade something for him, and I bet the Lions would've listened, considering they'd get nothing for him if he retired. I wonder why that didn't happen. (Or, if talks were had, why they didn't go anywhere.)

7 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I think it's interesting. Surely another team could've offered to trade something for him, and I bet the Lions would've listened, considering they'd get nothing for him if he retired. I wonder why that didn't happen. (Or, if talks were had, why they didn't go anywhere.)

IIRC he had a ~20 million cap hit. He probably could have forced a trade or cut like Favre did just by showing up but he retired instead. 

10 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Detroit Pistons won the #1 pick in the NBA draft lottery. Big year for Detroit teams rebuilding. 

Exciting times for sure.  Cade likely has to be the pick but Jalen Green does fit our roster better if they still believe in Killian Hayes.   Cade and Hayes could co-exist but it would devalue Cade a little if he isnt the primary ball handler.  Either way its exciting as we have a chance ata true superstar in Detroit for the first time in a long time. 

1 minute ago, Nnivolcm said:

IIRC he had a ~20 million cap hit. He probably could have forced a trade or cut like Favre did just by showing up but he retired instead. 

I just read an article that if he was traded it would have opened up 11M in cap space.  There would have been dead money of about 14M but it wasn't unfathomable to be able to absorb it.  Especially if you get picks for him since they would hit the cap until the next year.  Sounds like the Lions being the Lions and not being able to capitalize on their assets one way or another.  I am glad they moved Stafford, showing the change in mindset.  I just hope it leads to more wins now. 

15 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I find it peculiar that now he’s saying these things. It seems unlikely they couldn’t have found a trade partner. So he retires rather than force the issue?

Something doesn’t add up.

• Like 1