The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

X_Factor_40

31 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

I read a post on Reddit suggesting Swift had been implicated in a Philadelphia murder. Moderators removed the post.

Guys on message boards aren’t going to break this type of story. If there was a leak it would be on every sports page and network.

I'm not on Reddit but it was shared by a friend. I did look for it and saw that it was removed. 

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Same, it sounds sketchy at best.  Usually a reporter calling a PD doesn't get info like that.  And the story on the screen shot sounds sketchy. 

Let's pretend what is laid out in the "tip" actually happened. There is zero chance that the police are just going to let Swift live like nothing else happened. There would be some sort of an investigation that would then lead to them either clearing him of wrongdoing or filing charges. I can't imagine that someone could be murdered, whether it was malicious or in self-defense, and it gets about as much attention as a speeding ticket. 

Local Philly CBS report of 4th of July killing states "No arrests have been made, but a weapon has been recovered."

The tipline report states Swift shot the victim, walked around the block, came back and shot him again because he was still moving. But the victim only collapsed when police arrived. so I have a few questions. 

1. Who attempts to kill someone and immediately returns to the scene of the crime?

2. Who leaves with the murder weapon, comes back and shoots again, and then leaves the murder weapon when allegedly the victim hadn't even collapsed? 

3. How did the tipster know what caused Zahair Way's entourage to leave the scene? Did they leave after the first shot or the second? And why go out of the way to mention that they weren't included in the attempted robbery?

1 minute ago, Louis Friend said:

Local Philly CBS report of 4th of July killing states "No arrests have been made, but a weapon has been recovered."

The tipline report states Swift shot the victim, walked around the block, came back and shot him again because he was still moving. But the victim only collapsed when police arrived. so I have a few questions. 

1. Who attempts to kill someone and immediately returns to the scene of the crime?

2. Who leaves with the murder weapon, comes back and shoots again, and then leaves the murder weapon when allegedly the victim hadn't even collapsed? 

3. How did the tipster know what caused Zahair Way's entourage to leave the scene? Did they leave after the first shot or the second? And why go out of the way to mention that they weren't included in the attempted robbery?

The green could be argued as "self-defense" while the red could be argued as murder (probably 2nd degree although I think you could argue 1st degree). 

However, all of those are very valid questions and don't seem to make a ton of sense. 

A tip line report?

As an ex news director I can tell you I have never experienced a till line release of information.

Each morning police, fire departments and courts prepare a news release for the past 24 hour period. It contains relevant investigative information. At no time has it been my experience that TIPS are released.

17 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

A tip line report?

As an ex news director I can tell you I have never experienced a till line release of information.

Each morning police, fire departments and courts prepare a news release for the past 24 hour period. It contains relevant investigative information. At no time has it been my experience that TIPS are released.

So what do you make of it? Likely baseless? Potential to lead into something? Indicates something we should be weary of?

5 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

So what do you make of it? Likely baseless? Potential to lead into something? Indicates something we should be weary of?

I really don’t know what to make of it beyond a rumour. Unfortunately rumours start somewhere.

From what limited stuff I’ve read it sounds like bull feathers. Tip line reports don’t get discussed. Discussing tip information  undermines the entire process and discourages participation.

The only exception I can think of is sometimes crown prosecutors or supervisory level police will ask a reporter to make a bit of information public and they will then monitor a suspect. This does not seem like that or this rumour would be more widespread and have made its way into mainstream media.

A starting NFL running back implicated in a homicide is HUGE. If any of this were verifiable every network and major daily would be on this story.

I found this. Credible? I don’t know but…..

https://itsgame7.com/is-lions-rb-dandre-swift-being-investigated-for-murder/

I really think someone just posted something on Reddit and it created a buzz. These guys are targeted by people all the time. Even the tip could’ve been from a high school grudge or something.

I won’t be paying attention until a reliable major news source runs the story or the police hold a press conference.🤠

However it would be such a Lion thing. They are cursed with running backs. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

A tip line report?

Leaking tips to the media is a great way to ensure you don't get anymore tips. 

• Like 1