The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

X_Factor_40

On 1/26/2022 at 8:03 PM, diehardlionfan said:

The Saints cap situation isn’t great. They have cap problems every year and they have solutions to work things out.

They need to move on from Hill. To much money for a backup.

They are positioned well to snag a QB this year if there’s one they like.

That is putting it mildly, they are currently 74 million over the 2022 cap. They could try to restructure some of those contracts but that does not eliminate the problem. In my opinion they should just commit to the suck and try to trade those guys for as many picks as possible. Not sure if the Lions can take advantage of this situation at all but I'm sure BH will do his due diligence.  Maybe go after Onyemata at DT or a stopgap veteran like Malcom Jenkins to pair with Tracy Walker (assuming he gets re-signed).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Typical_Lions said:

That is putting it mildly, they are currently 74 million over the 2022 cap. They could try to restructure some of those contracts but that does not eliminate the problem. In my opinion they should just commit to the suck and try to trade those guys for as many picks as possible. Not sure if the Lions can take advantage of this situation at all but I'm sure BH will do his due diligence.  Maybe go after Onyemata at DT or a stopgap veteran like Malcom Jenkins to pair with Tracy Walker (assuming he gets re-signed).

It’s going to be open heart surgery. That said I believe they have a large dead cap number coming off in 2023. As I said previously they’re well positioned to grab a QB. If they can move a few players for picks it could happen rather quickly. 

It’s very similar to Detroit except Detroit had a quality QB ( others will disagree).

Kid isn't a joke. I'm not sure getting nasty is exactly the way to go with Seider. 

Rust does a good job getting in early for Crosby, but honestly it wasn't smart for Crosby to get phsyical with the much bigger/stronger kid in Seider.

We're not even watching his best hockey, he's holding up his defensive partner in DeKeyser almost every night. On the PK with Staal is when he shines but Staal/Seider are split most of the time.

Hopefully Wings go out and get Seider a good partner. Hampus Lindholm looks nice if he doesn't resign. I like Tomas Hertl too at C. Red Wings have HUGE amount of money to spend. With great picks, good prospects, etc.

The next two off-seasons are going to be wild!!!

If Diehards "pissy" goal scorers get sour and wanna make a move. We're ready and willing. Idk if McDavid would be moved for anything short of the franchise out-right selling, lol. But Draisaitl seemed to get testy a week or so? How could Yzerman Fleece Holland for Draisaitl? B|

Idk why teams trade with Yzerman, he does basically fleece every team he deals with. lol.

Edited by SimbaWho
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

Kid isn't a joke. I'm not sure getting nasty is exactly the way to go with Seider. 

Rust does a good job getting in early for Crosby, but honestly it wasn't smart for Crosby to get phsyical with the much bigger/stronger kid in Seider.

We're not even watching his best hockey, he's holding up his defensive partner in DeKeyser almost every night. On the PK with Staal is when he shines but Staal/Seider are split most of the time.

Hopefully Wings go out and get Seider a good partner. Hampus Lindholm looks nice if he doesn't resign. I like Tomas Hertl too at C. Red Wings have HUGE amount of money to spend. With great picks, good prospects, etc.

If Diehards "pissy" goal scorers get sour and wanna make a move. We're ready and willing. Idk if McDavid would be moved for anything short of the franchise out-right selling, lol. But Draisaitl seemed to get testy a week or so? How could Yzerman Fleece Holland for Draisaitl? B|

Idk why teams trade with Yzerman, he does basically fleece every team he deals with. lol.

9 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

Any player can be had for a price, however If either McD or Drai want out they’ll simply leave in free agency. One thing Holland has shown is he won’t be held hostage by players. 

I expect for either player it would include Seider and multiple high picks. Something much along the lines of the Gretzky deal. 

Drai did get testy. All the Oilers were fed up with the media attempts to trap them into negative comments about the Finish funnel. The Oilers are a tight team and don’t seem to like the questions singling out one player in a team sport.

Its interesting since Drai got upset Koskinen has played significantly better. When a team rallies around a team mate it usually has positive results.

Edited by diehardlionfan
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Congrats Matthew Stafford.  Happy he got some naysayers off his back. Now I hope he wins and then plays absolutely horrible next year so we can get a good pick in 23.  

You had me in the first half. I would give picks away for Stafford to win back-to-back-to-back-to-back Super Bowls with the Rams.

• Like 1

I'm half jealous of you guys for being so excited. It's almost like the Lions made it themselves to you guys(My opinion). 

I don't hate Stafford, and now that he's here I won't care if he wins but going into these playoffs/season I really didn't want him to not do well. Not cause I hate him, it's cause we have their pick. Next year I really hope they stink!

No feelings either way now for Stafford, the pick is ruined and off coarse he's doing way better in LA with that loaded roster lol. More talent on that roster than his whole career in Detroit. From coaches/players.

I have personal ties with the Bengals. I'll be rooting for them. An even though I rooted for them for awhile now, I feel good about there success but nothing could make me feel the way the Lions success would feel. Hopefully Lions win one before I die, but I really don't believe in it anymore.

My kids are also for sure not going to be Lions fans. At all costs.

Edited by SimbaWho

On 1/31/2022 at 9:31 AM, SimbaWho said:

I'm half jealous of you guys for being so excited. It's almost like the Lions made it themselves to you guys(My opinion). 

I don't hate Stafford, and now that he's here I won't care if he wins but going into these playoffs/season I really didn't want him to not do well. Not cause I hate him, it's cause we have their pick. Next year I really hope they stink!

No feelings either way now for Stafford, the pick is ruined and off coarse he's doing way better in LA with that loaded roster lol. More talent on that roster than his whole career in Detroit. From coaches/players.

I have personal ties with the Bengals. I'll be rooting for them. An even though I rooted for them for awhile now, I feel good about there success but nothing could make me feel the way the Lions success would feel. Hopefully Lions win one before I die, but I really don't believe in it anymore.

My kids are also for sure not going to be Lions fans. At all costs.

The Bengals give me hope for the Lions. Having a failure of a franchise for a long time and then turning it around quickly with the right coach and QB combo just makes me think we can do it.  I wouldn’t be mad at all if they win. 

I definitely don’t feel as excited as I would if the Lions made it, but Stafford getting there shows how inept our whole organization was for his tenure here.  I’m hoping things have turned around and are headed in the right direction but for now, having Stafford in the Super Bowl and Eminem playing at halftime, it’s the closest Detroit has ever been to it.  When the playoffs started I was hoping they lost the first game for pick reasons.  Once they won that, the pick only could get about 5 picks worse so I don’t really care.  Once they won that and it was a matter of two pick difference, I finally started rooting for him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

The Bengals give me hope for the Lions. Having a failure of a franchise for a long time and then turning it around quickly with the right coach and QB combo just makes me think we can do it.  I wouldn’t be mad at all if they win. 

I definitely don’t feel as excited as I would if the Lions made it, but Stafford getting there shows how inept our whole organization was for his tenure here.  I’m hoping things have turned around and are headed in the right direction but for now, having Stafford in the Super Bowl and Eminem playing at halftime, it’s the closest Detroit has ever been to it.  When the playoffs started I was hoping they lost the first game for pick reasons.  Once they won that, the pick only could get about 5 picks worse so I don’t really care.  Once they won that and it was a matter of two pick difference, I finally started rooting for him. 

Do you think the Lions could have been in that position if a few of the "what if" moves had been made?

- Drafting Donald over Ebron

- Re-signing Suh (still at $100M), paired with Donald

- TJ Watt instead of Jarrad Davis

- Keeping Caldwell at HC

Just now, Karnage84 said:

Do you think the Lions could have been in that position if a few of the "what if" moves had been made?

- Keeping Caldwell at HC

Yes.  We were close.  And I think drafting about 5 guys over Ebron would have helped get us there.  Obviously missing on Davis, Ebron, Tavai, Tabor, Van Noy, etc really hurt us.  None of those guys gave any positive value to us.  Some of that may have been coaching too but in general, having that many draft misses hurt us.  I think Caldwell with the right GM could have made it work, and I’m encouraged after one year of scouting/drafting under our belts. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

- Keeping Caldwell at HC

I don't think Caldwell could win it, but I think he might of had us get there.