The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

X_Factor_40

2 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

You guys better step things up or I'm gonna have to sign up for one of these things again like I did 10 years ago or so!

No disrespect but I had great group of "old-timers" then with Diehard/Slim/Fuller/Xfactor/Bucky/Cr3p/FTW/TL/Stylish, it's prolly why I still post now; indirectly through conversation/time/and realizations I learned a lot about watching prospects and just football from these guys. Funny thing is while our drafts often killed it, we definitely didn't all like each-other. Some got banished!

Some of yah'll are gonna be even tougher to work with! ;) Honestly I doubt they do this though, this year. FA already started... Maybe they'll have draft only? IDK? When I went to check things out I seen no rumblings at all!!!!

Tim Burton Batman GIF by Giffffr

Bummer we can't look back at the VERY old stuff from before. I tried to peak at some 2007 stuff when we draft stafford.

Stuff other stuff too would be cool to look at now in hind-sight like when I ran FFMD, helped, bummer I can't go back; point and laugh. 

Edited by SimbaWho

1 hour ago, SimbaWho said:

Bummer we can't look back at the VERY old stuff from before. I tried to peak at some 2007 stuff when we draft stafford.

Stuff other stuff too would be cool to look at now in hind-sight like when I ran FFMD, helped, bummer I can't go back; point and laugh. 

I’ll help you out, I wanted Curry.

• Like 1

I wanted Stafford. Even despite numerous people wanting us to trade #1 and #20 to move down to #5 to draft Sanchez or Freeman. I was also high on Suh in 2010, even thinking he should go #1. People told me DTs don't go #1 (something about "positional value") and that Sam Bradford was a slam dunk pick. I mean, QBs are always the best players, right?!?

5 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

I wanted Stafford. Even despite numerous people wanting us to trade #1 and #20 to move down to #5 to draft Sanchez or Freeman. I was also high on Suh in 2010, even thinking he should go #1. People told me DTs don't go #1 (something about "positional value") and that Sam Bradford was a slam dunk pick. I mean, QBs are always the best players, right?!?

I was full on with the suh hype. Remember watching him at Nebraska and seeing how he’d take over a game. You don’t pass up on that. He was exactly what I thought he’d be.

7 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Hey, I've heard this argument before! ( Just pick Jordan Davis. )

Idk why anyone would argue you though then! I remember the debate being more about should we take McCoy over Ndamukong Suh. Either way; There wasn't really the a "wrong" choice.

Eric Berry was the argument for positional value( at least to me) Same with Hamilton this year. There is positions you don't take unless they're literally for some reason the best player on the field which would be hard to do at these positions(historically). CB/TE/S/OG/C. You draft a guy at these positions in the top 5 you're basically telling everyone they're lined up for a HOF type career.

Okung was in that mix too. That was a great draft to be at the top. Outside of QB... lol. Again, weird. 

Edited by SimbaWho

7 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

Will Smith slap = STAGED?

Idk, just oozes privilege going up and smacking Chris Rock like that then walking back and sitting down if it's real.

Smith laughed at the joke then saw his wife’s reaction to his laughing. Only then did he get up and smack Rock.

In typical fashion Smith won’t be sanctioned by the academy (he should be) 

Just another entitled ***.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

Hey, I've heard this argument before! ( Just pick Jordan Davis. )

Idk why anyone would argue you though then! I remember the debate being more about should we take McCoy over Ndamukong Suh. Either way; There wasn't really the a "wrong" choice.

Eric Berry was the argument for positional value( at least to me) Same with Hamilton this year. There is positions you don't take unless they're literally for some reason the best player on the field which would be hard to do at these positions(historically). CB/TE/S/OG/C. You draft a guy at these positions in the top 5 you're basically telling everyone they're lined up for a HOF type career.

Okung was in that mix too. That was a great draft to be at the top. Outside of QB... lol. Again, weird. 

I wanted McCoy and Curry. I reluctantly switched to Stafford simply because of positional value. I didn’t think Detroit was ready to add a QB and Stafford had such velocity issues entering the draft.

1 minute ago, diehardlionfan said:

SimbaWho……..those young RedWings continue to be in the hunt for ROY.

Aw man!!!! We've got a few more sweds in the pipeline too, all i think will push for roster spots(without signigns).

(Simon Edvisson LHD, Johansson Albertson LHD, Jonatan Berggren Winger, and Elmer Soderblom Winger. )

Teams in trouble though, they need help! Top talent help too, they've got like 20+ million, lots of picks, idk. They can do alot of things this offseason.

In another forum I'm lead general in the  Mathew Barzal trade front!(On draft night.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SimbaWho said:

Aw man!!!! We've got a few more sweds in the pipeline too, all i think will push for roster spots(without signigns).

(Simon Edvisson LHD, Johansson Albertson LHD, Jonatan Berggren Winger, and Elmer Soderblom Winger. )

Teams in trouble though, they need help! Top talent help too, they've got like 20+ million, lots of picks, idk. They can do alot of things this offseason.

In another forum I'm lead general in the  Mathew Barzal trade front!(On draft night.)

I believe at some point the Oilers will HAVE to trade a high salary player. The contracts for McD, Drai and Nurse really limit what they can achieve.

The defence without Klefboom (#1 Dman) and Larsson (shut down D) have really wrecked the defence.

• Like 1