Offseason Primer

StLunatic88

I think we end up seeing 6 or 7 Coach openings; DET, HOU, ATL, NYJ, JAX are locks, and we may see one or two of CIN, CHI, DEN, LAC, PHI, DAL. My pick of that group is a late parting of way with Zac Taylor from the Bengals when they panic and make a desperation move to get Joe Brady. 

And as impressive as Staley is, there is still a “pay your dues” system when it comes to most NFL owners/Front Offices. It takes some out of the box thinking or desperation to make a move for a guy with Staley’s limited resume. And the only person I think that would do that, and have an opening is Arther Blank in Atlanta. But that’s where the rest of the candidates come in...

Staley is the #3 DC Head Coaching Candidate right now to me (in how the NFL old guard would look at it). That’s at best just among the DCs, with Saleh and Eberflus clearly infront of him. Not to mention the other former HCs that many would consider as well like Dennis Allen, Rahim Morris or Leslie Frazier. 

Im not saying he won’t get snatched up this year. I think there’s a 100% chance he gets interviews, which means that there’s definitely a chance he gets a job because he blows someone away (like McVay did) but I think his candidacy gets much stronger next offseason when he has another NFL year under his belt and proves that he is the difference maker on D, and this isn’t a fluke

5 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I think we end up seeing 6 or 7 Coach openings; DET, HOU, ATL, NYJ, JAX are locks, and we may see one or two of CIN, CHI, DEN, LAC, PHI, DAL. My pick of that group is a late parting of way with Zac Taylor from the Bengals when they panic and make a desperation move to get Joe Brady. 

And as impressive as Staley is, there is still a “pay your dues” system when it comes to most NFL owners/Front Offices. It takes some out of the box thinking or desperation to make a move for a guy with Staley’s limited resume. And the only person I think that would do that, and have an opening is Arther Blank in Atlanta. But that’s where the rest of the candidates come in...

Staley is the #3 DC Head Coaching Candidate right now to me (in how the NFL old guard would look at it). That’s at best just among the DCs, with Saleh and Eberflus clearly infront of him. Not to mention the other former HCs that many would consider as well like Dennis Allen, Rahim Morris or Leslie Frazier. 

Im not saying he won’t get snatched up this year. I think there’s a 100% chance he gets interviews, which means that there’s definitely a chance he gets a job because he blows someone away (like McVay did) but I think his candidacy gets much stronger next offseason when he has another NFL year under his belt and proves that he is the difference maker on D, and this isn’t a fluke

Or maybe he wants to get 5 years of experience as a DC in LA before even thinking about leaving.... 

😔

• Like 1