Giants fire OL Coach Mark Colombo; Hiring Dave DeGuglielmo

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Our OL was complete dogcrap until we fired the bengals dude and hired Colombo. To be fair, Marc had Houck helping him, but our OL went from one of the worst in the NFL to top 10 under Colombo. 

You had 3 All-Pro OL in 2014, the year before Colombo got there.

My sources tell me that Marc Colombo was fired after chokeslamming Joe Judge in a fit of rage, and that the fight started over a chess game Colombo was losing. When questioned, the former coach accused Judge of "rotating pieces."

Mind you, I'm using the same "sources" as some of those guys on Twitter: an active imagination and a craving for attention. 😉

As a Giants fan I love the move.  The new guy is the same coach that made a group of scrubs win the giants a superbowl, when it didn't seem to matter who we had at running back, they either hit a grand or came pretty dang close.

I've seen a complete transformation of the current line in just two weeks.  Without knowing this information about this coach hanging around before this announcement I would have said it was because the left guard was out....not a fan. 

Also the same coach that lead up to the giants spending a fortune on Nate Solder in the free agency a few years back.

the Judge is working magic with this team, only thing this gm has done right since he was hired. 

• Like 2