Weak 11: The Philadelphia Eagles!!! Vs my Ex.

Mastercheddaar

55 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

The most concerning thing right now is that there aren't many injuries and even though Wentz is the biggest problem on the field, there really isn't a single position group that is playing well this year. That is very concerning for the future. This team has little to no young building blocks. Who is the best guy on defense who could be around for years? Sweat? A backup DE. Offense has a nice little trio of talent in Reagor, Goedert, and Fulgham but none of them are stars. This organization as a whole is extremely talent deficient moving forward. 

It’s very bad. Hell, even if Wentz was looking like his 2019 self (not special but clearly franchise QB level), our future would still be looking extremely bleak. Throw in suddenly the worst starting QB in football who will handicap our cap for at least another year, awful coaching, poor FO, and I really don’t think it was an overreaction when I said midgame we have the bleakest future in all of football since the Jets at least will get a generational QB prospect. Lurie is honestly the lone saving grace, in that he’s not an intrusive and dumb owner, which as we’ve seen in our division can be a franchise killer.

Blow it up, hope by 2022 we get some hope. 2021 will be ROUGH unless Wentz turns it around or Hurts is good, neither of which I have much faith in at this point (Wentz because of his play of past 10 games, and Hurts because I very much disliked him as prospect).

2 hours ago, Eagles23 said:

watching the Raiders last night, I think we can find a coach like Gruden and rebuild Carson. They sort of had similar careers except now Carr is back into ascension

That's the whole reason we have to get rid of Doug this season. Get another coach in here and give him next season to see if we can fix Carson, if not we cut Carson after 2021 and move forward with Hurts or another Draft pick starting in 2022.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

The fact that Sean Payton could coach that game out of Tysom Hill and Doug and the coaching staff can't fix Carson now in November tells us all we need to know. 

I don't like it when the head coach is also one of the coordinators. I know it has worked in the past but more often than not it blows up in the HC's face.

Doug needs to worry about managing the entire team and pass of the offense to someone else. 

Go Birds

MC

Noteworthy PFF grades from yesterday

Offense

• Carson Wentz- 77.6... his 2nd best game of 2020 according to PFF. Don't ask me why. I can only assume for this game they gave blame to rest of team rather than him.
  • Rich Rodgers- 93.2... once again our highest rated player. 90+ is straight up ELITE in PFF's system if you didn't know. GOAT?
  • Interior OL graded good. Kelce, Isaac and Pryor were in 64-80 range. Even Opeta had 62.7 which is respectable. 
  • Tackles got WORKED. Peters w/ a career worst 41.0 grade, Lane Johnson w/ season worst 47.8 grade. Peters allowed 7 pressures, including 3 sacks. Lane allowed 3 pressures including 1 sack. Mailata came in and had 67.7 in 26 snaps. Lane is clearly not healthy, and Peters is done.
  • Fulgham w. another low grade, 50.4
  • Reagor w/ solid 64.2
  • Alshon with the lowest grade at 35.6 lol, why is he out there!?

Defense

• Slay was our highest graded guy at 76.8... weird, I felt like this was one of his worse games. I feel like PFF watches a different Slay than everybody else because I never understand how they grade him.
  • Cox w/ meek 60.8, Sweat just 59.3
  • Barnett, Riley, Mills, Edwards, Maddox, all sub-50 grades. 
  • Singleton: 57.3
  • Davion Taylor: 25.1 in 18 snaps... sigh

We missed 14 tackles and allowed 18 pressures.

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss