3rd straight loss - Good, Bad and Ugly

SilverNBlackFan

Good

EJ Manuel - I thought he played as well as one could've hoped. He wasn't the reason we loss. Was pressured pretty much throughout the game, and didn't make any real big mistakes against a top defense. Made some nice throws and extended a couple plays beautifully.

Crabtree - Dude was clearly not 100% and still gave his all and balled out there. Very gritty performance.

Lynch - His numbers aren't pretty but he ran hard all game. 

BAD

Amari Cooper slump continues - Just unreal. Absolutely unreal how we are unable to get him involved. Im done just blaming Cooper, its an organizational failure to have our best offensive weapon go 4 games with 4 total catches.

Todd Downing - I know we were limited with our backup out there, but he just hasn't been impressive at all this year. Ill say it - We may have jumped the gun in promoting him and forcing Musgrave out the door. This dude downing sucks so far

Reggie Nelson - One of the worst safeties in the league. Old, slow and no range yet we continue to trot this corpse out there.

Offensive Line - Overrated. Overpaid. Underperformers. Without EJ Manuels legs and him extending plays, I doubt we score more than 3 points today. They have been physically owned 3 weeks in a row. I don't care what PFF's #s say, this line is has not been good this year. 

UGLY

Sean Crisp - i honestly miss DJ hayden when i watch Smith get burnt. when we release him this offseason, i doubt anybody will sign him. Hes done. Another Reggie Mckenzie bust in the secondary and theres been alot.

The entire defense - just made one of the worst offenses in the league look unstoppable. This is who they are. Run defense is abysmal. Cant cover against the worst passing offense in the league. Cant get pressure. just a walking trashcan defense

Coaching staff - Mark Davis will wait until the season plays out, but Ive seen enough of this coaching staff. They are bottom tier and have held this team back. These are not the coaches to get the best out of the players we have. Outside of Mike Tice, there isn't one coach on this staff i want retained. JDR was stunningly awful today and his defense gets worse every year. Its Derek Carr or bust every game for him.

Just now, Deadpulse said:

What do you guys think is up with Amari? Last season he was on a roll until late, is he hobbled by some rogue injury? Are you guys worried about his work ethic? Is it just the lack of Carr?

we dont throw him the ball. its not a priority for our oc or qbs to get him involved. hes a decoy for us basically. you can honestly watch a raider game and not even realize he is on the field.

and when he does get targets, he's 50/50 in whether or not he catches it. 

34 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Good

EJ Manuel - I thought he played as well as one could've hoped. He wasn't the reason we loss. Was pressured pretty much throughout the game, and didn't make any real big mistakes against a top defense. Made some nice throws and extended a couple plays beautifully.

Crabtree - Dude was clearly not 100% and still gave his all and balled out there. Very gritty performance.

Lynch - His numbers aren't pretty but he ran hard all game. 

BAD

Amari Cooper slump continues - Just unreal. Absolutely unreal how we are unable to get him involved. Im done just blaming Cooper, its an organizational failure to have our best offensive weapon go 4 games with 4 total catches.

Todd Downing - I know we were limited with our backup out there, but he just hasn't been impressive at all this year. Ill say it - We may have jumped the gun in promoting him and forcing Musgrave out the door. This dude downing sucks so far

Reggie Nelson - One of the worst safeties in the league. Old, slow and no range yet we continue to trot this corpse out there.

Offensive Line - Overrated. Overpaid. Underperformers. Without EJ Manuels legs and him extending plays, I doubt we score more than 3 points today. They have been physically owned 3 weeks in a row. I don't care what PFF's #s say, this line is has not been good this year. 

UGLY

Sean Crisp - i honestly miss DJ hayden when i watch Smith get burnt. when we release him this offseason, i doubt anybody will sign him. Hes done. Another Reggie Mckenzie bust in the secondary and theres been alot.

The entire defense - just made one of the worst offenses in the league look unstoppable. This is who they are. Run defense is abysmal. Cant cover against the worst passing offense in the league. Cant get pressure. just a walking trashcan defense

Coaching staff - Mark Davis will wait until the season plays out, but Ive seen enough of this coaching staff. They are bottom tier and have held this team back. These are not the coaches to get the best out of the players we have. Outside of Mike Tice, there isn't one coach on this staff i want retained. JDR was stunningly awful today and his defense gets worse every year. Its Derek Carr or bust every game for him.

i been saying this since forever, the problem is that reggie have like 5 or 6 year and hanst  been able to get a good defense , but , oh no , i forgot you cant say anithyng bad about reegiie here, excuse please moderators ...

2 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

and when he does get targets, he's 50/50 in whether or not he catches it.

I recall noting this sentiment watching redzone a few weeks ago. It seemed like he had 3 TD's in the bag but dropped the ball in embarrassing fashion each time. 

8 minutes ago, latinraraiderfan 3 said:

i been saying this since forever, the problem is that reggie have like 5 or 6 year and hanst  been able to get a good defense , but , oh no , i forgot you cant say anithyng bad about reegiie here, excuse please moderators ...

The Head coach and Defensive coordinator deserve much more blame imo bet you a Vic fangio,Wade Phillips or Jim Schwartz would have the defense playing better 

11 minutes ago, latinraraiderfan 3 said:

Dude, you can say and think what you want.  But you have to give logic behind it or else posters are going to question and debate you.  Literally the point of being on a forum, no?

9 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Josh Dubow‏Verified account @JoshDubowAP

Per @pfref #Raiders 1st team to punt on 4th and 3 or less in 4th qtr down 2 scores in opponent's territory since Ari did it vs Minn 10/21/12

JDR ladies and Gents

Time to fire JDR! I

1 minute ago, SimonGruber said:

Imo Mark loves him and hired him basically I doubt he pulls the trigger

Apparently Mark has been seething all week over the Denver loss, and had a long talk with JDR right after that game. I doubt he feels any better after this game. If this season goes completely off the rails, which it has potential to, i could see him letting JDR walk. 

JDR was a good coach to get us out of the cellar, but not the coach thats going to take us to that next level. 

22 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Apparently Mark has been seething all week over the Denver loss, and had a long talk with JDR right after that game. I doubt he feels any better after this game. If this season goes completely off the rails, which it has potential to, i could see him letting JDR walk. 

JDR was a good coach to get us out of the cellar, but not the coach thats going to take us to that next level. 

But who is?

Archived