3rd straight loss - Good, Bad and Ugly

SilverNBlackFan

13 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Well he's already played more games this season than Kevin White has in his entire career, so that's a start. ;)

When did I ever say I wanted Kevin White?  My point was there was no WR in that draft that should have been a top 5 pick, they were all terrible value in the top 5.  That was my point all along that WR value could have been obtained later in the draft.  The only way a WR should go top 5 is if they have Julio, Green, Tron type potential which Cooper does not.  I wanted Leonard WIlliams over Cooper just to state facts.   

3 years for a slump?  He has flashed inconsistency throughout his whole career.  Disappeared int he second half of his rookie season bc he was "injured'.  Slumped in the 2nd half of last year and stared off this year where he left off. If you take away his 4 big games in 2016 his numbers were below average for an "elite" WR.  Well below average, in fact 0 100 yard games.  

He has lacked focus and concentration, his hands have been sketchy at best, marginal skills inside the red zone hence 0 TD's in the red zone for his career, doesn't do well in tight spaces or against press coverage.  He lacks in areas where elite WR's flourish and shine.  He is not and elite X, he is a number 2 WR that we selected in the top 5 of a draft.

1 hour ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

So with Latham suspended and someone likely to IR (Lee?) who takes those roster spots? Breon Borders? Free agent like Riley or Hodges? 

I think Borders has a real shot to brought up. We could also snag someone from another team's PS if we think Borders is still to raw. Then I think we look at FA linebackers. I don't know about Riley. I think we are looking to be younger and more athlethic at the position but Hodges may be on the radar as well as a guy like Sam Barrington.

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

https://twitter.com/LeviDamien/status/917524872032432128

Another one, open all day, breaking ankles.

Yeesh.... room to run too. Can't fault Manuel as backup. But he can't force that first read. 

Cooper... have to hand it too him. He goes 100% all game. Doesn't complain. But you know he's frustrated by this. 

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

To my point. QB getting the ball out quick, not going through progressions. This is a TD if he even looks Coopers direction.

What I see in the vid is the O-line collapsing (which is a problem), the CB had plenty of time to catch up even if Manuel had seen Cooper, and most of all, how many times have we seen Cooper drop easy passes. There is no such thing as a sure TD for seeing Cooper wide open. 

Maybe the QBs are tired of Cooper dropping run of the mill catches and are looking elsewhere? If the guy is dropping passes at the rate he seems to, I'd start looking for other options as well. Why throw it to the guy on 2nd and anything less than 5 when there's the distinct possibility he's gonna drop it and leave you with a 3rd and >5? Why trust him on 3rd downs in that case? So far, Cooper has been valuable on 1st downs. Anything more, it's way too 50-50 every single time. Having the other team's top corner on him doesn't help for sure, but when given the option of looking elsewhere or throwing to a guy covered by the #1 CB who also has a penchant for infuriating drops, why give him the looks? There is no need to waste downs just to force feed Cooper when he isn't producing on the looks he is given. 

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

What I see in the vid is the O-line collapsing (which is a problem), the CB had plenty of time to catch up even if Manuel had seen Cooper, and most of all, how many times have we seen Cooper drop easy passes. There is no such thing as a sure TD for seeing Cooper wide open. 

What a stretch, pocket collapsing? There is no penetration up the middle. They are stonewalled.  CB was going to turn and make up a 4-5 yard cushion at that point? He was toast. 

Coopers drops have been balls that are quick on him. He typically tracks and catches fine otherwise. And how many times have we seen him make a spectacular catch at the point?

Sorry... but your argument stinks of bias. CB was clearly beaten badly. Safety followed the QBs eyes. Blocking was fine. QB just forced his first read.

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

What a stretch, pocket collapsing? There is no penetration up the middle. They are stonewalled.  CB was going to turn and make up a 4-5 yard cushion at that point? He was toast. 

Coopers drops have been balls that are quick on him. He typically tracks and catches fine otherwise. And how many times have we seen him make a spectacular catch at the point?

Sorry... but your argument stinks of bias. CB was clearly beaten badly. Safety followed the QBs eyes. Blocking was fine. QB just forced his first read.

Yeah, why throw to the guy who could take it to the house for a 75 yard touchdown, when you could throw elsewhere?

Look at this one... there's no guarantee this isn't a touchdown either.

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The left side of the line was visibly buckling in on Manuel. Pause it at 8 seconds. The end is moving his man towards Manuel well before Cooper "beats" his man. Manuel is already throwing at the 9 second mark and Cooper hasn't yet passed the CB up. The CB is clearly stopping while Manuel is already getting the ball out. The separation between he and Cooper at that point is a yard or 2 at best. Manuel would have to stop and reset, shift his body back to the right, and go through the entire motion of throwing the ball to get it to Cooper. Plenty of time for the CB to catch up on the cushion, plenty of time for the S to slide back over. 

Archived