Beavis

Win-Win Trades

Hey guys I was thinking about the Stefon Diggs trade and how its worked out for all parties involved.

Vikings saved cap space. Diggs gets to be a true #1 and have a real shot at hitting the escalators in his contract and JJ is having a really nice rookie year and is fitting Diggs old role like a glove. 

What are some other trades where everyone came out better?

When it happened I thought this would be the case for the Jamal Adams trade, but the early returns for the Seahawks haven't been great.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DannyB said:

When it happened I thought this would be the case for the Jamal Adams trade, but the early returns for the Seahawks haven't been great.

I thought he's been hurt mostly?

5 minutes ago, Beavis said:

I thought he's been hurt mostly?

Technically that is part of the problem.

Hawks gave up a ton. It's gunna handicap them a bit next couple years.  They really trying to win now though.

steelers trading Holmes to the jets

Holmes helped the Jets reach the AFC title and the steelers used that pick for another trade that help them get Antonio Brown...

On April 11, 2010, Holmes was traded to the New York Jets in exchange for a fifth-round pick in the 2010 NFL Draft[7] (the Steelers eventually traded the pick to the Arizona Cardinals in exchange for a sixth round pick, which they used to draft Antonio Brown, and reacquiring Bryant McFadden; the Cardinals used the pick on quarterback John Skelton). Shortly before the trade, the NFL announced that Holmes would be suspended for the first four games of the season due to a violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy.

Deandre Hopkins for David Johnson.

- Cardinals get a top 3 WR to dominate and help Kyler with his development.

- Allows Houston to free itself from the shackles of the tyrannous Bill O'Brien

JK this was the worst trade I've ever seen

• Like 5

I'm going to plug the Chandler Jones trade, because a lot of people think NE lost that.

Cardinals receive Chandler Jones - this is a win, they added an elite pass rusher

Patriots receive Jonathan Cooper and 2nd round draft pick, which lead to:-

- Freed up cap room

- Re-signing of Dont'a Hightower

- Signing of Stephon Gilmore

(both of these go on to play a crucial role in 2 superbowl wins, each contributing arguably the game winning defensive play)

- The second round pick was traded to NO for a 3rd and 4th. Used on Joe Thuney (now a franchise Guard) and Malc Mitchell (played a role in the SB, but ultimately didn't pan out)

Chandler also wins because BB was never going to pay $82m x 5 years 

Win, Win, Win.

• Like 1

The Rivers-Eli trade comes to mind. 

SD wound up with Rivers, Shawn Merriman, and Nate Kaeding

Giants got a few SB wins

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

The Rivers-Eli trade comes to mind. 

SD wound up with Rivers, Shawn Merriman, and Nate Kaeding

Giants got a few SB wins

Feel like the Giants easily won this trade by a lot then.

• Like 2

Colts trade 13th pick to 49ers for Buckner. Colts get one of the best DTs in the league. 49ers get a high draft pick to draft his replacement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

I'd say the opposite. The Chargers won the trade as they got the better QB and a LB who made multiple all-pro teams. 

Minkah Fitzpatrick for a 1st rounder
Seems like it's slightly a better trade for the Steelers since he's playing lights out but I'm sure Miami is happy the way it turned out as well

4 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

But the Giants "winning more" doesn't mean that the Chargers themselves didn't win. If the only way to win a trade is to win a super bowl, then 99% of trades are just lose / lose and almost no trade is ever going to be win / win. 

1 hour ago, Blackstar12 said:

Colts trade 13th pick to 49ers for Buckner. Colts get one of the best DTs in the league. 49ers get a high draft pick to draft his replacement.

Agreed. Love seeing him bounce back strong this year. 

• Like 1

The Titans and Rams draft trade, if that counts, in 2016.  Rams got a Super Bowl appearance, and I'm not sure how their fans feel about Goff now, but I'd say that's a pretty good outcome for them.

Titans got an All Pro right tackle and also this minor second round pick, Derrick Henry.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 2