Win-Win Trades

Beavis

Trades that involve draft picks do require a certain degree of luck, but the Jared Allen trade ended up being Allen + John Sullivan for Brendan Albert + Jamaal Charles. I like the Minnesota end better, but that's a good return on the chiefs end as well. 

Browns / Texans Osweiler trade. Seriously. Trades like that should happen more often. Texans unload cap room, Browns got a free pick. 

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

The Titans and Rams draft trade, if that counts, in 2016.  Rams got a Super Bowl appearance, and I'm not sure how their fans feel about Goff now, but I'd say that's a pretty good outcome for them.

Titans got an All Pro right tackle and also this minor second round pick, Derrick Henry.

Yea Rams have a lot:

Rams/Titans as you mentioned

Rams/Bills for Watkins - gave up a 2nd, got one year in which he didn't play great, but did lead in TD receptions - and then got a 3rd round comp pick for him. So basically one year rental and a 2nd for a 3rd round pick

Rams/Patriots for Cooks - both teams made the Super Bowl the year after the trade, AND the Rams got a 2nd rounder back for him

Rams/Jaguars part one - Rams got Fowler, who helped go to the Super Bowl and had a great year after, and eventually will still get us a 3rd round comp pick for signing with ATL. Jags got a 3rd when they probably wouldn't have gotten that good of a comp pick without his production with us

Rams/Broncos - Talib for a 5th

Rams/Chiefs - Peters for a 2nd and 4th

Both these guys I'll group together because they, along with Fowler, led the Rams to the Super Bowl AND held Brady to 13 points. Huge win for the Rams. For the Chiefs, it was time to move on and for the Broncos, I think they were going to cut Talib.

Rams/Jaguars part two - obviously a win for the Jaguars, getting two firsts for him - for the Rams, it's looking like a win this year as well, with our defense having allowed the least amount of points (if you remove the 3 D/ST TDs the Rams have allowed) by a good margin, and top 3 in YPG allowed

4 hours ago, Forge said:

But the Giants "winning more" doesn't mean that the Chargers themselves didn't win. If the only way to win a trade is to win a super bowl, then 99% of trades are just lose / lose and almost no trade is ever going to be win / win. 

I understand. It just means the Giants won a lot more than the Chargers did.

On 11/19/2020 at 12:13 PM, Forge said:

Trades that involve draft picks do require a certain degree of luck, but the Jared Allen trade ended up being Allen + John Sullivan for Brendan Albert + Jamaal Charles. I like the Minnesota end better, but that's a good return on the chiefs end as well. 

Browns / Texans Osweiler trade. Seriously. Trades like that should happen more often. Texans unload cap room, Browns got a free pick. 

And that pick the Browns essentially bought from eating Osweilers salary turned into Nick Chubb babyyyy

#analytics 

• Like 1

I may be in the minority but I have a strong opinion that AB trade was good for the Raiders and Steelers.

I feel like that AB fiasco made that Raider locker room stronger. Everytime I watch them now they seem so team oriented. I think that helped their culture.

Also I feel like when AB recorded that personal phone call from Gruden basically clowning them to the limit I feel like Grudens caringness and genuineness won over that team.