Who Won the Draft?

MKnight82

48 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Didn't really follow the draft very closely but Sacramento and Detroit come to mind.

If Detroit went Poku instead of Stewart, I would have really loved their draft.  Overall it was a solid draft for them but I seem to be higher on Hayes than a lot of people.  

I love Washingtons draft as well.  Avdija was the other one I wanted at 7 and thought he was a top 5 talent.  They also landed Cassius in the second round which I am biased and think that is a great pick.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Overall it was a solid draft for them but I seem to be higher on Hayes than a lot of people.  

Hayes is going to be the best player from this draft class when it's all said and done. The Stewart pick was meh but I think he develops into a Derrick Favors type of player and Bey will be solid as well. 

I haven't had a chance to look really into every move that was made or who will end up where quite yet, but as of now...

Winners

Dallas Mavericks: Josh Green (#18), Tyrell Terry (#31), Tyler Bey (#36), Josh Richardson (via trade) 

Green has the potential to be a very high end 3&D wing which is exactly what they need to surround Luka with. Losing Curry hurt but being able to flip him for Tyler Bey and Josh Richardson is crazy, crazy value for them. And I had Terry as one of my top 15 players in the class and he's essentially a Seth Curry clone so grabbing him at #31 was a huge steal. They added 3 wings with switchability on defense that will all compliment Luka/KP plus another scoring guard to their bench. A healthy Dallas team is going to be trouble for the West. 

San Antonio Spurs: Devin Vassell (#11), Tre Jones (#41) 

Vassell is going to be an All-NBA defender from the moment he steps on the court and should also be close to a 40% 3 point shooter. He has more offensive potential than just being a spot up shooter though and I think he landed in the perfect place to help him develop the rest of his game. I honestly won't be surprised if he's one of the top 5 players from this class when it's all said and done. Jones was also an excellent pick in the 2nd round, he has limited upside but he should be a steady backup PG for them on a cheap deal for years to come. 

Minnesota Timberwolves: Anthony Edwards (#1), Leandro Bolmaro (#23), Jaden McDaniels (#28) 

Edwards is somewhat of a boom/bust prospect but if he reaches his potential he will definitely be an All-Star caliber player in the league. I don't love the fit with Russell or in Minnesota but I'm cautiously optimistic that he'll develop into a nice player. Leandro Bolmaro was a very nice pick at #23 who will likely play another year in Spain before coming over to the league. I think he'll be a high end secondary creator in the mold of someone like Joe Ingles in the league. And McDaniels at #28 was a very nice pick as a potential stretch 4 to pair with KAT going forward and as a guy who's upside is as high as anyone's in the class. 

• Like 1

Another teams draft that I personally liked was the Warriors. If Wiseman reaches his ceiling he's basically a 7'1" Chris Bosh but even if he doesn't he's still going to be a plus level finisher, rebounder, and rim protector. Nico Mannion as a backup combo guard at #41 was a great value pick for them and a guy that should be able to give them some solid minutes off the bench. And Justinian Jessup was a very nice sleeper pick at the end of the draft, he has a chance to be this years Duncan Robinson. 

12 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

If Detroit went Poku instead of Stewart, I would have really loved their draft.  Overall it was a solid draft for them but I seem to be higher on Hayes than a lot of people.  

That's really the only "blemish" I have on their draft.  Stewart is probably a solid backup C in the NBA, but I don't think he's much more than that from what I've read.