Who Won the Draft?

MKnight82

55 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Two of the best shooters in the draft? How?

Pritchard is not good. And I didn’t love the Nesmith pick, but I didn’t hate it either. The Celtics had a ton of draft capital and didn’t really do anything with it. They didn’t strike out, but I would be uninspired as a Celts fan. 

7 minutes ago, QBIso said:

Pritchard is not good. And I didn’t love the Nesmith pick, but I didn’t hate it either. The Celtics had a ton of draft capital and didn’t really do anything with it. They didn’t strike out, but I would be uninspired as a Celts fan. 

Pritchard is good. Guess I proved you wrong.  Care to elaborate? Pritchard ain't a top 5 pick, he's drafted to be a back up point guard and add shooting to a bench that lacked it. How wouldn't you love the Nesmith pick for any team? Bar none, the best shooter in the draft. Replace Semi Ojeleye with an actual spacer? I'm inspired by that.  

Edited by Troy Brown

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

I've recently seen comparisons to Jalen Brunson and FVV and I ain't got any expectations for that but I do love the fit with the Cs 

Pretty sure every draft pundit has put the FVV label on Pritchard at this rate but that's the mold of player you're getting. Fearless grinder that's not going to let the moment effect him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Pritchard is good. Guess I proved you wrong.  Care to elaborate? Pritchard ain't a top 5 pick, he's drafted to be a back up point guard and add shooting to a bench that lacked it. How wouldn't you love the Nesmith pick for any team? Bar none, the best shooter in the draft. Replace Semi Ojeleye with an actual spacer? I'm inspired by that.  

I guess I value defense and traits outside of shooting. Neither of these guys does anything other than shoot. Nesmith at least has the required size/athleticism to become a good defender. Pritchard couldn’t guard ME. 

7 minutes ago, QBIso said:

I guess I value defense and traits outside of shooting. Neither of these guys does anything other than shoot. Nesmith at least has the required size/athleticism to become a good defender. Pritchard couldn’t guard ME. 

mang i'm starting to think you just saw a picture of a smaller... pale... guy and are assuming things. he ranked in the top 39th percentile for points per isolation possession, is often credited with sparking oregon's defense. huge motor defensively.  traits outside of shooting you want? like bob cousy point guard of the year and the unquestioned leader/best player on one of the better basketball programs in the country? 20 ppg and lemme tell ya, they weren't all from spot up shots 

nesmith just needs to play d and shoot 3s and if he can sustain the 52 percent of 3s he made in cbb (OR ANYWHERE NEAR IT), then i've gotta imagine it's a pretty great pick