RSkinGM

Hurting at Tackle

Christian to I R and Lucas has a gimpy ankle. Hasn't practiced. Really shakes up the O-line. We have one tackle on the PS- Steinmetz second year year from Purdue. 

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Christian to I R and Lucas has a gimpy ankle. Hasn't practiced. Really shakes up the O-line. We have one tackle on the PS- Steinmetz second year year from Purdue. 

Look out Alex!

I just read an article about this on NBC Sports Washington and Scott Turner thought that Moses played fine at LT, and I thought the same. 

I remember suggesting/flirting with the idea of Moses being moved to LT this off-season once TWill was moved and I certainly didn’t want it to happen this way but maybe he’s the answer there moving forward w/ Lucas being the RT when he comes back and then Christian being the swing tackle next year if, we do go QB, WR or LB and don’t take Sewell at #3 or 4.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TKellion said:

How long until Montez is under center

Well, if Sharpe is playing RT, maybe sooner than you think?

8 hours ago, Skinscavalier said:

The problem of not drafting descent linemen has really hurt this team.

We’ve actually drafted a lot decent OL the last 21 years, could we use some more? Sure! But I wouldn’t say we haven’t drafted some good to great OL:

Jon Jansen, Chris Samuels, Derrick Dockery, Trent Williams, Morgan Moses, Brandon Scherff and Chase Roullier 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, turtle28 said:

We’ve actually drafted a lot decent OL the last 21 years, could we use some more? Sure! But I wouldn’t say we haven’t drafted some good to great OL:

Jon Jansen, Chris Samuels, Derrick Dockery, Trent Williams, Morgan Moses, Brandon Scherff and Chase Roullier 

While true, the more recent history is that they’ve failed to make major investments in the OL. 

Geron Christian is the only OL they’ve drafted on the first two days of the draft in the last 5 drafts. And Brandon Scherff is the only OL they’ve drafted in the first 2 rounds in the past 10 drafts. Plus they haven’t invested in any meaningful FA talent on the OL either. Now they’re in the position of trying to cobble together an OL out of a bunch of lower-tier prospects, and they’re getting kinda predictably lower-tier results. 

Honestly, they’ve done a pretty decent job of getting talent given the lack of resources invested in the position. They’re going to have to make a more dedicated effort to bring in higher-end talent if they want to take that group to a higher level. I’m thinking a major FA signing (in addition to Scherff/Roullier) or multiple picks on day 2 or earlier. I love Corey Linsley to play center, would be shades of the Falcons signing Alex Mack to quarterback their OL. And if Andrew Norwell becomes a cap casualty with the Jags, as has been speculated, he obviously would fit the former Panthers mold they like. Whatever they do, they can’t keep making minimal investments there. 

David Sharpe stinks. Dude has cinder blocks as feet. No point in being that big, strong and long if you literally cannot move without tripping over yourself.

Never did I think I'd miss the old days of Ty Nsekhe...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

David Sharpe stinks. Dude has cinder blocks as feet. No point in being that big, strong and long if you literally cannot move without tripping over yourself.

Never did I think I'd miss the old days of Ty Nsekhe...

Nsekhe, the one we let get away! Ugh 🤦‍♂️ 

I so wish we had him last year and this year as our starting LT. He’s a free agent next year but at his age I doubt they resign him.

@e16bball I agree with your points. I just can’t agree when people act like we don’t have any good OL or haven’t drafted some good ones in the last two decades. We’ve drafted two borderline Hall of Fame LTs who manned that left side for the most of 20 years for us, that’s more than most teams can say.

I agree with needing to definitely upgrade the left side and getting Norwell would be awesome! I’m hopeful Rivera would be all over him when/if he becomes a FA. 

I’m interested to see how Moses does at LT over the next few games, or the rest of the year if he has to play there the rest of the year bc of Christian & Lucas’s injuries.

Possibly Moses can man the left side adequately and then Christian, Lucas & Charles can battle it out for the starting RT job.

I’m definitely going to have my eye on Moses the rest of the year.

On 11/21/2020 at 6:30 PM, turtle28 said:

Nsekhe, the one we let get away! Ugh 🤦‍♂️ 

I so wish we had him last year and this year as our starting LT. He’s a free agent next year but at his age I doubt they resign him.

@e16bball I agree with your points. I just can’t agree when people act like we don’t have any good OL or haven’t drafted some good ones in the last two decades. We’ve drafted two borderline Hall of Fame LTs who manned that left side for the most of 20 years for us, that’s more than most teams can say.

I agree with needing to definitely upgrade the left side and getting Norwell would be awesome! I’m hopeful Rivera would be all over him when/if he becomes a FA. 

I’m interested to see how Moses does at LT over the next few games, or the rest of the year if he has to play there the rest of the year bc of Christian & Lucas’s injuries.

Possibly Moses can man the left side adequately and then Christian, Lucas & Charles can battle it out for the starting RT job.

I’m definitely going to have my eye on Moses the rest of the year.

Agree on Moses . Still see Charles though as our left guard though Schweitzer is a battler ! I think he's better than I was hearing when we signed him . Maybe we'd be more balanced with Charles at R T .. Time will work it out .  

8 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Agree on Moses . Still see Charles though as our left guard though Schweitzer is a battler ! I think he's better than I was hearing when we signed him . Maybe we'd be more balanced with Charles at R T .. Time will work it out .  

I told people Scherweitzer was average when we signed him. Many didn’t want to hear it bc they hadn’t heard of him.

I think Moses once again played well last Sunday vs Carl Lawson - a good DE minus one play where he gave up a sack - and Sharpe wasn’t awful either. I don’t remember hearing his name much at all in terms of making mistakes. 

Good signs for both guys IMO. We may have found our answer at LT for the time being in Moses accidentally through injury. 

I think Charles will get another shot next year too, but unless Moses starts to not play well, I don’t see any of our current OL beating him out for the spot. Most likely Charles will be starting  at G or RT IMO.