Fire Howie Thread

eagles18

26 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

If the eagles do clean house it should be the ugliest job of all available right?

No cap space. Old players. No young talent. 

Ugly contract trapping you with a terrible QB.

What gm or coach would want to come here?

I think a lot of ppl would want to work with Carson but he would kinda be used goods. 

46 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I did see a joe banner quote that joe doesn't think he will fire Howie which is disappointing as I think howie is problem number 1. 

Howie is less of a problem than Doug and I will die on this hill if I have to

Just now, ninjapirate said:

I go 

1. Howie

2. Carson

3. Doug 

I do think firing Doug is the likeliest solution though.

Yeah move Doug up a couple notches. Have any players on the offense improved at all with him here outside of the o line which he can attribute to stoutland? He couldn't hire an offensive coordinator and can't call plays. 

We need a new coach and a new GM this off-season and carson gets 1 more chance next year since he'll be here anyways. See if another coach can turn his career around. Of not we can try Hurts, and if he doesn't work new coach and gm can get their own QB

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Yeah move Doug up a couple notches. Have any players on the offense improved at all with him here outside of the o line which he can attribute to stoutland? He couldn't hire an offensive coordinator and can't call plays. 

We need a new coach and a new GM this off-season and carson gets 1 more chance next year since he'll be here anyways. See if another coach can turn his career around. Of not we can try Hurts, and if he doesn't work new coach and gm can get their own QB

That ordering isnt to make doug out as some saint. Just that of any of those 3 he is probably the only one that can have success at his new job.

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

That ordering isnt to make doug out as some saint. Just that of any of those 3 he is probably the only one that can have success at his new job.

What? Being Andy's tinman at offensive coordinator after some team hires bienamy?

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

If the eagles do clean house it should be the ugliest job of all available right?

No cap space. Old players. No young talent. 

Ugly contract trapping you with a terrible QB.

What gm or coach would want to come here?

Will be one of them.

But Falcons, Lions and Texans aren’t in great spots either.

Lurie’s reputation and the higher profile will help. But especially if Howie is staying it’s going to be a limited pool.

I think if Howie and Doug are gone you will have enough guys willing to come here with the intent to fix Carson...they’ve done it for the history of the modern NFL with way worse QBs.