Fire Howie Thread

eagles18

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Will be one of them.

But Falcons, Lions and Texans aren’t in great spots either.

Lurie’s reputation and the higher profile will help. But especially if Howie is staying it’s going to be a limited pool.

I think if Howie and Doug are gone you will have enough guys willing to come here with the intent to fix Carson...they’ve done it for the history of the modern NFL with way worse QBs.

Those 3 teams all have good QBs. Even if a new regime might want to move on from those guys for the falcons/lions. They still will add draft capital. I think those 3 are all more reasonable spots to go to i know the texans draft picks this year are yikes but you also get the second best qb in the nfl to build around.

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

Those 3 teams all have good QBs. Even if a new regime might want to move on from those guys for the falcons/lions. They still will add draft capital. I think those 3 are all more reasonable spots to go to i know the texans draft picks this year are yikes but you also get the second best qb in the nfl to build around.

Yeah but none of those teams are a QB factory, so......

5 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Thought about it more, yeah we are the worst. Lions maybe are close, but they are much more prepped to be overhauled (as they always are and never do anything with it)

My assumption is Ryan would be moved on from somewhat soon, not overly complicated and the division should be there for the taking within the next couple years. 
But there roster isn't all that good, couple nice pieces though.

Nobody seems to be able to fix the Lions, or take advantage of Stafford's talent, fact that Quinn is gone is good, roster management was bad as always up there...
I wonder if they will try to get a name coach this time to fix things. But it's a cursed job, no one succeeds.
Yeah the draft shelf is barren down in Houston. But Watson makes it enticing for sure, glad he's picked it back up without BoB dragging him down.

I'd say the Eagles and Lions are about as appealing, Lions moreso if Howie stays. Both teams you need to pretty much rebuild entirely, Eagles have more aging vets that will be sold for scrap. Neither has a bevy of young stars. We at least have Goedert, Miles, Fulgham, maybe Reagor...who knows. If you get a solid qb with them, plus patching up the oline, a decent coach can do some stuff year one. They can try to trade Cox, BG, Ertz.
Most of them you have to endure a bad year or two to either move on from guys or build something up.
If Wentz is truly cooked, we arent doing anything til the 2022 season, unless he takes a restructure to be moved.
Maybe Reich wants to rehabilitate him in Indy, they will miss out on a lot of the younger QBs.

Fire Howie and Doug, let the new guys see if they can salvage things because Carson is gonna be here anyway.
Let Hurts compete, with a full training camp and preseason next year he will have more room to show what he can do.
Probably best we can do barring taking a QB round 1. Build the roster up, look for Qb solutions in 2022.

6 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Thought about it more, yeah we are the worst. Lions maybe are close, but they are much more prepped to be overhauled (as they always are and never do anything with it)

My assumption is Ryan would be moved on from somewhat soon, not overly complicated and the division should be there for the taking within the next couple years. 
But there roster isn't all that good, couple nice pieces though.

Nobody seems to be able to fix the Lions, or take advantage of Stafford's talent, fact that Quinn is gone is good, roster management was bad as always up there...
I wonder if they will try to get a name coach this time to fix things. But it's a cursed job, no one succeeds.
Yeah the draft shelf is barren down in Houston. But Watson makes it enticing for sure, glad he's picked it back up without BoB dragging him down.

I'd say the Eagles and Lions are about as appealing, Lions moreso if Howie stays. Both teams you need to pretty much rebuild entirely, Eagles have more aging vets that will be sold for scrap. Neither has a bevy of young stars. We at least have Goedert, Miles, Fulgham, maybe Reagor...who knows. If you get a solid qb with them, plus patching up the oline, a decent coach can do some stuff year one. They can try to trade Cox, BG, Ertz.
Most of them you have to endure a bad year or two to either move on from guys or build something up.
If Wentz is truly cooked, we arent doing anything til the 2022 season, unless he takes a restructure to be moved.
Maybe Reich wants to rehabilitate him in Indy, they will miss out on a lot of the younger QBs.

Fire Howie and Doug, let the new guys see if they can salvage things because Carson is gonna be here anyway.
Let Hurts compete, with a full training camp and preseason next year he will have more room to show what he can do.
Probably best we can do barring taking a QB round 1. Build the roster up, look for Qb solutions in 2022.

Remember we reworked Cox's deal for no reason a month ago and now he can't be traded. I mean shipping him off for a third this offseason would have made too much sense.

15 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

The guy I would want to be our next head coach Brian Daboll (honestly because I think he could help fix wentz) coached Hurts in college.

Wouldn't that be fun?

I'm all for bringing in anyone who could potentially fix Wentz next year, and if not groom us a QB moving forward.

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

Remember we reworked Cox's deal for no reason a month ago and now he can't be traded. I mean shipping him off for a third this offseason would have made too much sense.

I don’t remember that, I’ve blocked out most of this season for mental health reasons.

18 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Howie can't survive power struggle #3 right?

Certainly possible, but if Lurie is actually pissed I think he’s gotta have his sights on Howie too.

It’s good news that so many openings for GMs are already happening, Lurie clearly likes Howie...would probably feel better moving on if he knows he’ll land on his feet.