Week 11 - Rams at Buccaneers - MNF

RamRod

Hopefully this goes a little better than last year's game against the Bucs. 

Think our work will be cut out for us on both sides of the ball. Their offense can put up points and their defense has been stingy. Hopefully we get the version of them that just played the Saints a few weeks ago.

I have absolutely no idea what to say about this game lol I feel like both teams here can look one way and then a complete different way the next week. If both teams show up to play good football, it’s going to be a great game. I don’t really know what to expect.

I really hope our defense keeps the momentum rolling this week. Both teams will try to get the run game going so stopping Jones and Fournette is one of the biggest keys. I’m almost expecting teams to start having a separate game plan against the rams defense for the first and second half of games. I know offenses need to change it up a little between halves anyway but I mean a completely different game plan. 

Whit being out will be a huge test to this offense. Jared Goff needs to stay upright to win this game and he needs to deliver when his number is called. This is easily the biggest challenge so far this year and a game that can either make or break Goff for many people. If he’s a bright spot on Monday then I see the mood around Goff being much more positive. If he has a bad performance it’s going to be brutal lol That said if the rams can get the run game going I don’t see a reason for him to struggle. I almost wish we’d struggle to run and have him light it up. That’d be glorious to watch lol 

if I’m not mistaken, the bucs are doing new things to see how to improve performance on late games. Seems like they have a tough time adjusting after waiting around all day. Apparently they’re having a practice Sunday night at the same time the Monday night game will start to see if it helps them the next day 

I think this is the game Ive been looking at all season long saying the Rams will more than likely lose. I have a few things though that I can hang my hopes on for a Rams win.

1) For whatever reason the Bucs arent a good primetime team. They got embarrassed against the Saints on SNF, they lost to the Bears on TNF, and couldve easily have lost to the Giants on MNF. Its just like the Rams not being a good SNF team the Bucs just arent good in primetime games.

2) Until I see it, the Rams can run on anyone. The Bucs run defense and defense in general is top notch but the Rams have a running attack that not only gets them in great down and distance, but literally move the chains in chunks. McVay truly has no choice but to run this game. No Whit so I cant imagine him letting Goff drop back 35+ times against an aggressive Bucs defense with Noteboom making his first start at LT. So this game is going to be about Henderson, Akers, and Brown running it down the Bucs throat. Also keeping Brady off the field as much as possible. If the Bucs cant stop the Rams rushing attack that will be HUGE for the Rams to control TOP, make life easier for Goff when he does have to pass and also flip field position if/when the Rams do have to punt. Hekker could put on another show on MNF like he did against the Bears. I dont think Brady would like for his drives to be starting inside the 5 all game long. 

3) The Rams defense. People are hard on Goff about how he is when facing pressure. Brady is worse than Goff when faced with pressure. He could be without his best OL in Marpet too which is the equivalent to Goff not having Whit. The reason why is because Brady dont like pressure in his face. He need to step up and at least have a platform to throw from. If he has Donald in his face all game long it doesnt matter if he has Evans, Brown, Godwin, Gronk, Miller HELL add Rice, Megatron, and Irvin too. No amount of weapons will matter if Brady doesnt have time to throw. Plus in Arians offense he wants to take shots down the field so Brady needs time to do so. Brady has only completed 1 pass of 20yds or more in the last 2 games. Do you know the Rams defense is only allowing 16% completion of passes 20yds or more? Thats by far the best in the NFL. So if Arians dont come up with a better gameplan in terms of passing the ball, we could see a game closer to the Saints where Brady and the Bucs offense dont look all that good. Of course the Bucs will try to run the football too but the Rams are 5th in stopping the run so if the Rams can limit the Bucs on the ground to force them to throw its going to interesting to see if the Bucs can hold up to the pass rush.

4) Disciplined. We have a Rams team who are very disciplined. They dont commit many penalties. They only have committed the 2nd fewest in the NFL. The Bucs on the other hand are average as they are 16th in committing penalties. Thats actually a big improvement considering a handful of games ago they were near the bottom of the league in committing the most penalties in the NFL. They are even worst than average when it comes to yards on the penalties. Rams are still top 5 in terms of yards on penalties so if we see a meltdown or just stupid mistakes with penalties it favors the Rams over the Bucs. That could play a big role in what might be a close game.

5) The Rams are by far the best 2nd half team in the NFL. The three losses the Rams had this season the Bills, Niners, and Dolphins all jumped on them early and had a double digit lead at halftime. If the Bucs are going win this game its simple, they have to jump on the Rams early and go into halftime with a double digit lead. If the game is super close, tied, or the Rams are winning at halftime thats a good thing for the Rams in the 2nd half. So its going to be interesting to see if the Bucs can jump out to a big lead. So far this season the Bucs have been in alot of close games in the 1st half and then some of those games they turned it on in the 2nd half and ran away with the game. So we shall see. 

Edited by stl4life07

Without Whit, I think the gameplan has to be establishing the run and quick passing. The Bucs defensive outing against Green Bay scares me but the staff should come prepared. 

Also need a great defensive effort. It's a nice game for us because we can afford to lose after beating Seattle but winning puts us in a great position. 

I don't like this matchup. This is the one game remaining where I'm not remotely confident. Losing Whit is a problem. Hopefully, Noteboom is up to the task. The Bucs have some really good pass rushers and blitz like crazy. McVay needs to protect Goff in this one. Hopefully, the defense continues to play lights out, and we can grind out a win.

This game will be a low scoring game.

it will come down to Goff. If he plays well, we win, if he starts panicking during Todd Bowles’ pressure and forces turnovers then we are done. 

this game will really test Goff’s development since the SB 

Edited by rocky_rams