Week 11 - Rams at Buccaneers - MNF

RamRod

This game will be on Goff imo. I was listening to Bill Simmons podcast this weekend and he said for anyone betting the Rams, you'll know within 20minutes if you have a shot or not based on how Goff is identifying the blitz and protecting the football. Hit home for me as a Rams fan and avid gambler. We'll know early on if we have a shot based on Goff's performance vs this defense

Marpet is out so i expect pressure on Brady up the middle. Can't let Ronald Jones get to the second level. 

Hope we see more Cam Akers tonight, but if they're blitzing heavy (they should be) then we'll get a heavy dose of Malcom Brown. 

31 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Marpet is out so i expect pressure on Brady up the middle.

This is absolutely huge. Without Ali in there, the Saints were able to bully the Bucs offense, and I am expecting us to do the same 

Plus old man Brady after his bedtime, I’m feeling like we are in a good spot tonight

6 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

This is absolutely huge. Without Ali in there, the Saints were able to bully the Bucs offense, and I am expecting us to do the same 

Plus old man Brady after his bedtime, I’m feeling like we are in a good spot tonight

I don't feel good at all. I don't see this going well, but I hope I'm wrong. I think Gronk is in for a big night and we will need to keep Malcolm Brown in on passing downs which really takes away the big play ability that Akers and Henderson have. If we're going to win I think the defense needs to find a way to score. 

8 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I think Gronk is in for a big night

What about us would lead you to that? Outside of Kittle (who is a different monster, and happened over a month ago) TEs haven’t don’t much vs this defense. And Gronk isn’t the same anymore. Outside of the Redzone, he hasn’t been much of a threat. 

10 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

we will need to keep Malcolm Brown in on passing downs which really takes away the big play ability that Akers and Henderson have

Why? There are plenty of other ways to protect Goff. And much better ways to help Noteboom. I think we are more likely to not see much of Higbee/Everett out there together, but much more Mundt as the second TE

4 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

What about us would lead you to that? Outside of Kittle (who is a different monster, and happened over a month ago) TEs haven’t don’t much vs this defense. And Gronk isn’t the same anymore. Outside of the Redzone, he hasn’t been much of a threat. 

Why? There are plenty of other ways to protect Goff. And much better ways to help Noteboom. I think we are more likely to not see much of Higbee/Everett out there together, but much more Mundt as the second TE

We're giving up an average of 5.3 RPG and 50.89 YPG to opposing TE's. If Brady is pressured up the middle he will look to get the ball out of his hands quickly and to his most comfortable target. Gronks YBC/R is only 7.6 which is low compared to 2018. If not Gronk, then Brate or Miller could have solid games while Williams and Ramsey focus on Evans and Godwin. Troy Hill on Antonio Brown is horrifying to me.  My expectation is Brady to dink n dunk getting the ball out quickly. Gronk in the redzone is my fear with Nick Scott getting more time especially.

I expect Mundt and Brown to chip in on passing downs. We cannot have Goff turning the ball over and we need Brown for blitz pick up moreso then Henderson/Akers. This just isn't a good match up for us.

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

We're giving up an average of 5.3 RPG and 50.89 YPG to opposing TE's. If Brady is pressured up the middle he will look to get the ball out of his hands quickly and to his most comfortable target. Gronks YBC/R is only 7.6 which is low compared to 2018. If not Gronk, then Brate or Miller could have solid games while Williams and Ramsey focus on Evans and Godwin. Troy Hill on Antonio Brown is horrifying to me.  My expectation is Brady to dink n dunk getting the ball out quickly. Gronk in the redzone is my fear with Nick Scott getting more time especially.

I expect Mundt and Brown to chip in on passing downs. We cannot have Goff turning the ball over and we need Brown for blitz pick up moreso then Henderson/Akers. This just isn't a good match up for us.

Good chance you'll see Gronk stay inline more tonight for blocking, which he's excelled at...

With Marpet out, we're gonna have to double Donald inside nearly every play and ask Gronk to block more often than not...

I expect Ramsey to shadow Evans. Could be big night for Godwin out of the slot...

There’s no excuses for a bad performance tonight. Not traveling, not not having a bad day, nothing. This is the biggest game on the schedule so far and great teams need to show up for big games. I truly think we find out if the Rams are a wild card team or a great Super bowl contender

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

There’s no excuses for a bad performance tonight. Not traveling, not not having a bad day, nothing. This is the biggest game on the schedule so far and great teams need to show up for big games. I truly think we find out if the Rams are a wild card team or a great Super bowl contender

I agree with you all the way.... we will either get crushed or squeeze out a win....contenders or pretenders??? We will find out in a couple of hours...

18 minutes ago, btfd16 said:

Watching Ramsey interviews and quotes this year, seems like he’s matured so much. Maybe it’s new location, coaching, teammates, just him, or a little of it all. But it’s cool to see.

You can tell he wanted out of JAX badly, not the best way to go about it, but it’s good to see that he’s come a long way since that man in JAX

23 minutes ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

You can tell he wanted out of JAX badly, not the best way to go about it, but it’s good to see that he’s come a long way since that man in JAX

I don’t think it’s coincidence that many players are out of there. They weren’t treated right and it shows. Glad He’s here now though lol

• Like 1