Week 11 - Rams at Buccaneers - MNF

RamRod

McVay got too conservative but he rightly trusted the defense to pull it out. 

Really liked Goff's game tonight. Playaction and run wasn't working and he delivered for the offense. Liked how the line played in pass protection but the run blocking didn't seem to be there granted TB is a tough front. Noteboom looked brutal on a few runs. 

Happy we won because I'd have been heated with a loss on the non Fox strip sack. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

McVay got too conservative but he rightly trusted the defense to pull it out. 

Really liked Goff's game tonight. Playaction and run wasn't working and he delivered for the offense. Liked how the line played in pass protection but the run blocking didn't seem to be there granted TB is a tough front. Noteboom looked brutal on a few runs. 

Happy we won because I'd have been heated with a loss on the non Fox strip sack. 

And that Ramsey phantom DPI that gave them their first TD. Goff's third down toss to Kupp was a dime. Jared has his issues, but he gets a lot more hate than he deserves. The only thing he does that drives me absolutely nuts is not getting snaps off in time.

• Like 5

I’m very happy with this game. Don’t get me wrong, Mcvay had some very bad moments but other than those couple bad moments and the second pick thrown by Goff, I was very happy. The defense was yet again elite, and they were not helped by 2 terrible PI calls. They also should have had a touchdown or a fumble recovery at worst but.. the refs screwed that up too. My biggest takeaway was that we couldn’t run, and still won. That’s great news. It was a huge game and I didn’t care how it was won. I’d have even taken a loss if they at least looked good in it. This is obviously even better 

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

And that Ramsey phantom DPI that gave them their first TD. Goff's third down toss to Kupp was a dime. Jared has his issues, but he gets a lot more hate than he deserves. The only thing he does that drives me absolutely nuts is not getting snaps off in time.

I think as Rams fans we just need to accept that that will never be fixed lol as long as Mcvay and Goff are together we will never stop burning time outs and getting delay of games 

• Like 2

Great win for the Rams. I thought they would lose based on my preseason prediction but I had hope coming into the game based on the Bucs not being great in primetime, them not having Marpet, and the way the Rams defense is playing. Rams won the game and honestly the game shouldnt have been close but Goff and the offense didnt execute down the stretch to put the game away. Although Goff came up big on that last drive to give the Rams the lead which all that matters. In general Goff played well. I dont blame him for one of those ints because he was anticipating the throw and trusting Woods would be there unfortunately he wasnt. When you throw 51 times you will be prone to turn the ball over once or twice. Goff made alot of great plays than bad plays. He literally won the game for the Rams on offense because the Rams couldnt run. So if anyone is dissing Goff right now they need to stop. Goff was the reason the Rams won on offense tonight.

Defensively wise, what can I say. Donald name wasnt called really much and the Rams still rattled Brady and forced 2 takeaways shouldve been 4 if Johnson III didnt drop one and the refs ruled Brady fumbling. The Rams stopping the run is legit too. We cant say the Rams are beating up on crappy teams now. The Rams traveled to Tampa Bay and held the Bucs to 24pts and shut them down on the ground and through the air. Rams defense is legit. This is a Superbowl defense and if the offense plays like it did tonight with Goff throwing the ball all over the place and they will get back to running the ball well because they wont be facing the Bucs defense every game, this team is a Superbowl team. Also lets give the Rams kicker some credit. Yes he missed a kick but he made all his XP's and he made the important kick to end the 1st half and made the even bigger kicker to help the Rams win the game. Thats what I want to see from the kicker. He doesnt have to be great just be good enough and he was tonight and the Rams won. Now the Rams are top of the NFC West due to tiebreaker with the Seahawks and 1 game back of the #1 seed in the NFC behind the Saints. We could literally have a BYE and HFA throughout the playoffs. Lets go get it Rams. We are in great shape right now and I love it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Well I thought tonight the Bucs got some good home cooking. Those phantom DPI calls, Brady looked like he fumbled, and then I saw 1 second on the playclock and they said delay of game on the Rams which baffled me. Ill say it though I dont mind the int Goff threw trying to get to Woods. It happens when you anticipate and trust your receiver. Plus Goff threw the ball 51 times so ints will happen. He made more great plays than bad plays. Didnt get sack once and everyone was worried without Whit including you but I was like we will be fine because thats why we drafted Noteboom and developed him. Goff literally carried the Rams offense on his back tonight and outplayed Brady. So lets see he outplayed Brady tonight, Wilson last week, Brees multiple times, even Mahomes a few years ago on MNF. He outplayed Wentz earlier this season as well. We both love Goff and rightfully so. He is a franchise QB and he has the Rams 32-0 leading after halftime which is still unbelievable considering I just saw ARod and the Packers blow a 14pt halftime lead yesterday against the Colts and Wilson blow an 11pt 4th quarter lead a three weeks ago against the Cards. So yeah Goff is a good QB and tonight was a great performance. 

21 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Agreed on the delay of games. I think he doesn't pay attention to the clock because he knows McVay will bail him out. And when we lost a TO due to the challenge McVay didn't want to burn it. Think first half was similar. 

I'm not a fan of our PA screen game where Goff gets pressure immediately. Got burned today with the pick but even when it works we are giving up a QB hit. When teams crash the PA rollouts we either need to have a counter or go away from it fast. Tampa was blowing it up tonight. 

3 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Agreed on the delay of games. I think he doesn't pay attention to the clock because he knows McVay will bail him out. And when we lost a TO due to the challenge McVay didn't want to burn it. Think first half was similar. 

I'm not a fan of our PA screen game where Goff gets pressure immediately. Got burned today with the pick but even when it works we are giving up a QB hit. When teams crash the PA rollouts we either need to have a counter or go away from it fast. Tampa was blowing it up tonight. 

We had a couple real nice shots at the screen game. The one that was picked looked like it could have been nice too. Henderson didn't seem to know the play. Dude didn't look for the ball and ran towards the sideline like he was a check down.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

We had a couple real nice shots at the screen game. The one that was picked looked like it could have been nice too. Henderson didn't seem to know the play. Dude didn't look for the ball and ran towards the sideline like he was a check down.

I thought that was on Goff just because the next series Henderson was in. Maybe not, but we've seen them be yanked for missed pass pro assignments. 

The tunnel screen game was strong tonight. The PA screens were ones that seemed doomed unless I'm forgetting a play. 

My favorite part of the fumble that somehow wasn't a fumble there's a guy literally with his arm wrapped around AD's head/throat trying to keep him from murdering Brady. One of at least a dozen that wasn't called. He's kind of like prime Shaq, you can call a penalty on the guy or guys going up against him almost every play just for AD they rarely get called. 

Overall happy with the performance. Beat Brady that D and did it on the road on MNF. Goff was clearly better than Brady tonight and even with his couple mistakes he did us good. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I thought that was on Goff just because the next series Henderson was in. Maybe not, but we've seen them be yanked for missed pass pro assignments. 

The tunnel screen game was strong tonight. The PA screens were ones that seemed doomed unless I'm forgetting a play. 

I would be shocked if that's on Jared. Henderson didn't even look for the ball. It was definitely a screen. A HB on a screen knows to get his head around quickly. 

• Like 1