Week 11 - Rams at Buccaneers - MNF

RamRod

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

And that Ramsey phantom DPI that gave them their first TD. Goff's third down toss to Kupp was a dime. Jared has his issues, but he gets a lot more hate than he deserves. The only thing he does that drives me absolutely nuts is not getting snaps off in time.

Thats not all his fault. It’s usually the plays he’s getting from McVay and then communicating it with the team. 

49 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I would be shocked if that's on Jared. Henderson didn't even look for the ball. It was definitely a screen. A HB on a screen knows to get his head around quickly. 

Wasn’t on Jared. QBs are taught to throw at safe spots during blitzes/pressure. They have to “trust” that receivers are there. JPP did a good job of disrupting that route 

In that instance since receiver isn’t there, he shoulda just took the sack 

Edited by rocky_rams

37 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Thats not all his fault. It’s usually the plays he’s getting from McVay and then communicating it with the team. 

Sometimes. Sometimes, he's late checking out of plays. It kind of blows my mind that people ignore how often Goff is now checking out of plays and changing protections after the mic has cut out. Blows a hole in the he's McVay's puppet theory.

33 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Wasn’t on Jared. QBs are taught to throw at safe spots during blitzes/pressure. They have to “trust” that receivers are there. JPP did a good job of disrupting that route 

In that instance since receiver isn’t there, he shoulda just took the sack 

He probably should have thrown it into the dirt. But I think he expected Henderson to turn around and be there. If Henderson is, it looked like he had a nice gain.

• Like 1

Mcvay definitely gave Goff more freedom last night to change the play at the LOS which I've been hoping for for a while.

Goff looked really good aside of a few plays. That first pick wasn't 100% on him (although he does get some of the blame for trying to anticipate it) and that second one was bad, but aside of those two throws he had a great game against a tough defense. 

Man....we got lucky that Brady is dusty lol

• Rookies looked great. Didn't hear Noteboom's named get called which is a huge positive. Kupp and Woods had more YAC then Charlie Sheen. Ramsey is proving week after week why he was worth that trade.
  • The one PI call was flat out bad. Brady fumbled or at the very least holding in the endzone for a safety, but its' Brady so... ya know.
  • Troy Hill is the weak link of a great secondary. D-Will didn't have a great game outside of that one batted ball.
  • McVay's play calling on 3rd down was cringeworthy, but great the rest of the way.
  • Goff....well we won so why bring up his faults last night? But if we lost and Brady didn't gift wrap us those INT's, Goff would be the one you put the blame on with his turnovers, two delay of games, and muffed snap exchange. He did handle the blitz ALOT better then in the past which is a great sign, but the ball protection and untimely turnovers are still concerning.
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Man....we got lucky that Brady is dusty lol

• Rookies looked great. Didn't hear Noteboom's named get called which is a huge positive. Kupp and Woods had more YAC then Charlie Sheen. Ramsey is proving week after week why he was worth that trade.
  • The one PI call was flat out bad. Brady fumbled or at the very least holding in the endzone for a safety, but its' Brady so... ya know.
  • Troy Hill is the weak link of a great secondary. D-Will didn't have a great game outside of that one batted ball.
  • McVay's play calling on 3rd down was cringeworthy, but great the rest of the way.
  • Goff....well we won so why bring up his faults last night? But if we lost and Brady didn't gift wrap us those INT's, Goff would be the one you put the blame on with his turnovers, two delay of games, and muffed snap exchange. He did handle the blitz ALOT better then in the past which is a great sign, but the ball protection and untimely turnovers are still concerning.

Goff showed his short memory because after he turned the ball over the first time he came back two series later marched the team for the td. After he turned the ball over the second time he came back marched the team down the field for the game winning field goal. He carried his team dropping back 51 times. If any QB throws 51 times I expect a turnover or two. Brady lost the game for the Bucs but Goff won the game for the Rams. We saw how terrible the Rams were last year when Goff was terrible AND there was no run game. We see Goff throw for nearly 400yds and 3 tds and if it wasn’t for a missed FG the Rams would’ve put up 30pts without a running game. That’s impressive to me.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Goff showed his short memory because after he turned the ball over the first time he came back two series later marched the team for the td. After he turned the ball over the second time he came back marched the team down the field for the game winning field goal. He carried his team dropping back 51 times. If any QB throws 51 times I expect a turnover or two. Brady lost the game for the Bucs but Goff won the game for the Rams. We saw how terrible the Rams were last year when Goff was terrible AND there was no run game. We see Goff throw for nearly 400yds and 3 tds and if it wasn’t for a missed FG the Rams would’ve put up 30pts without a running game. That’s impressive to me.

Fair. I just see it differently.

Goff played well and I gave him credit on his blitz pick up. The running game was non-existent and Goff made a few good throws on the run, but the success of this offense was in the pass protection and Woods/Kupp and their YAC. Also, he did drop back 51 times, but how many screens did we run? Those are extensions of the run game imo. 

The one deep ball Goff through was overthrown. His turnovers and poor clock management really stand out to me. We take the play clock down to 0.01 so often; just tired of seeing it. The muffed snapped could of been on the Center in that exchange and luckily we got that one back, but turnovers are really a detriment. It's expected that Goff has 1 or 2 of those a game and vs lesser teams thats not a huge deal, but vs good teams it makes the difference in a game. We got lucky last night how bad Brady was. though. 

Just need Goff to be a game manager. Run play action and protect the football. Our playmakers will do the rest. Most nights we also arent playing a top 3 run defense lol

Edited by BStanRamFan
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Fair. I just see it differently.

Goff played well and I gave him credit on his blitz pick up. The running game was non-existent and Goff made a few good throws on the run, but the success of this offense was in the pass protection and Woods/Kupp and their YAC. Also, he did drop back 51 times, but how many screens did we run? Those are extensions of the run game imo. 

The one deep ball Goff through was overthrown. His turnovers and poor clock management really stand out to me. We take the play clock down to 0.01 so often; just tired of seeing it. The muffed snapped could of been on the Center in that exchange and luckily we got that one back, but turnovers are really a detriment. It's expected that Goff has 1 or 2 of those a game and vs lesser teams thats not a huge deal, but vs good teams it makes the difference in a game. We got lucky last night how bad Brady was. though. 

Just need Goff to be a game manager. Run play action and protect the football. Our playmakers will do the rest. Most nights we also arent playing a top 3 run defense lol

I get what you are saying too. Frustrating when Goff turn the ball over. What’s crazy too is in 2017 and most of 2018 Goff wasn’t known for turning the ball over much. I think maybe pressure of doing more plus teams figuring out McVay scheme to a certain degree has hurt but at the end of the day I think Goff is one of those QBs that we might just have to deal with a turnover or two in the game. At the same time we know he is resilient with a short memory to keep throwing and running the offense and with this defense you can afford to make a mistake or two. Rams do have a top 5 offense and top 5 defense. The only other teams can say that is the Saints and Steelers both teams are great.

43 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

The one deep ball Goff through was overthrown.

See things like this annoy me. 

That was a good play. As a QB, you are supposed to overthrow rather than underthrow and risk an interception. The read he wanted wasn't there, he looked at other options, and instead of forcing it somewhere (which people would have then crucified him for), he took the shot and put the ball where essentially only his WR had a shot at it. The other plays you mentioned are legit, but those few plays should not overshadow the rest of the game. 

And we didn't get lucky at how bad Brady was. You're doing what the media does where they always talk about the other team blowing it instead of the Rams winning. Our defense made Brady look bad and they deserve the credit. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JonStark said:

See things like this annoy me. 

That was a good play. As a QB, you are supposed to overthrow rather than underthrow and risk an interception. The read he wanted wasn't there, he looked at other options, and instead of forcing it somewhere (which people would have then crucified him for), he took the shot and put the ball where essentially only his WR had a shot at it. The other plays you mentioned are legit, but those few plays should not overshadow the rest of the game. 

And we didn't get lucky at how bad Brady was. You're doing what the media does where they always talk about the other team blowing it instead of the Rams winning. Our defense made Brady look bad and they deserve the credit. 

It was the only deep shot we took and it wasn't even close. And it wasn't going to be a PI call because it was uncatchable. That's how not close it was.

We got very lucky actually. We gave the ball back to Brady twice in the 2nd half and allowed them to gain momentum. Our defense got some pressure, but only one sack on a statue of a QB. Hollins did get pressure on the first pick, but it was more miscommunication on Brady and WR part. The last pick was just flat out bad. It was gift wrapped. JJIII had a 3rd pick gift wrapped, but he dropped it. The run defense was great. Ramsey was great. Brockers was great. Our LB's had a very sound tackling game. But if you don't think we got lucky Brady let us off the hook late then idk what to tell you man. 

2 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

It was the only deep shot we took and it wasn't even close. And it wasn't going to be a PI call because it was uncatchable. That's how not close it was.

We got very lucky actually. We gave the ball back to Brady twice in the 2nd half and allowed them to gain momentum. Our defense got some pressure, but only one sack on a statue of a QB. Hollins did get pressure on the first pick, but it was more miscommunication on Brady and WR part. The last pick was just flat out bad. It was gift wrapped. JJIII had a 3rd pick gift wrapped, but he dropped it. The run defense was great. Ramsey was great. Brockers was great. Our LB's had a very sound tackling game. But if you don't think we got lucky Brady let us off the hook late then idk what to tell you man. 

And that was on purpose. It was essentially a throw away because the play didn't work. Had he forced it somewhere else or underthrew it and got picked, you'd be getting on him about that too. 

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I feel like the Rams earned this win, especially with the way the officiating went. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, JonStark said:

And that was on purpose. It was essentially a throw away because the play didn't work. Had he forced it somewhere else or underthrew it and got picked, you'd be getting on him about that too. 

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I feel like the Rams earned this win, especially with the way the officiating went. 

I do agree with you on the officiating part. The PI call on Ramsey that lead to a TD was phantom, the "incomplete pass" on the 2 yard line was a fumble or the very least holding in the endzone for a safety

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

The first pick wasn't a miscommunication. Hollins and the LT obstructed Brady's vision. Brady threw to a spot thinking that Godwin could run to it. Staley simply fooled him. He wasn't expecting Fuller to be there. On the second INT, I couldn't tell what happened, but others said that Fuller aligned on the opposite hash, which fooled Brady again. If so, hat's off to Staley on his disguises. Brady got lucky that we let him off the hook.

• Like 1