Malfatron

winner  

12 members have voted

1. 1. winner

• seattle
    • arizona
    • tie

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/20/2020 at 01:30 AM

27 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I'm gonna need Sweezy to twist an ankle to keep him out of the lineup

I'm really surprised our OL hasn't been more of a problem throughout the season so far. Also, I liked what I saw from the defense for a lot of this game. Hopefully they can keep improving as we get closer to the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

One's a unanimous MVP who just put up one of the best seasons a QB could ever put up in terms of rushing and passing. The other is Kyler Murray.

Okay? RG3 won rookie of the year over Wilson. One season is not nearly a large enough sample size. This year Jackson has been mediocre.

MVP is more impressive, but the Ravens offense was always going to come down to earth a bit with a full season of film. The Dolphins won 11 games by bringing in an offense the NFL hadn't prepped for. So now we will have to see how Jackson does - so far, not good.

It's pretty obvious that Murray is a better passer, and that Jackson is a better runner - but I'd definitely rather have Murray, because I don't think running is sustainable for any QB.

2 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Jackson is a better runner

I might be on my own here, but I really disagree with this. I think it is only because Murray slides a lot quicker. I would compare him more to Russel Wilson, and Lamar more to Cam Newton (Not completely, but a better comparison than Wilson). I think if Murray ran in the same way as Jackson he would be outperforming him.

5 hours ago, UncleAdamz said:

I might be on my own here, but I really disagree with this. I think it is only because Murray slides a lot quicker. I would compare him more to Russel Wilson, and Lamar more to Cam Newton (Not completely, but a better comparison than Wilson). I think if Murray ran in the same way as Jackson he would be outperforming him.

What does this mean? Murray and Jackson both run about the same number of times per game. Lamar has a lot less free space when he runs, compared to Kyler being able to scramble around everywhere due to Kliff's spread/vertical offense.

10 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

What does this mean? Murray and Jackson both run about the same number of times per game. Lamar has a lot less free space when he runs, compared to Kyler being able to scramble around everywhere due to Kliff's spread/vertical offense.

The vertical offense is part of why Kylers arm/accuracy gives him the leg up on Lamar (pun always intended) right now. The fact he is accurate throwing deep opens up the field. 

Both guys have weird throwing motions but one guy has a much more repeatable delivery and is therefore more consistently accurate, while also having the stronger arm 

There is nothing stopping the Ravens from throwing it deep more. Hollywood hasn't been getting targets deep down field this year. 

Everything that everyone was saying about Lamar after his rookie season has been true this year. Everyone said it, it was wrong last year, because no one expected him to pass the way he did last year. This year, he has been hurt (knee) and has not been able to beat teams enough with his arm, and the offense has faltered with another year of film for defenses on top of that

I actually love what I saw from Lamar against the pats, I think it was a step forward for him throwing the ball. I expect him to break out this week 

Honestly, nothing matters for Lamar until January. 0-3 would be nearing Andy Dalton territory 

8 hours ago, N4L said:

The vertical offense is part of why Kylers arm/accuracy gives him the leg up on Lamar (pun always intended) right now. The fact he is accurate throwing deep opens up the field. 

Both guys have weird throwing motions but one guy has a much more repeatable delivery and is therefore more consistently accurate, while also having the stronger arm 

There is nothing stopping the Ravens from throwing it deep more. Hollywood hasn't been getting targets deep down field this year. 

Everything that everyone was saying about Lamar after his rookie season has been true this year. Everyone said it, it was wrong last year, because no one expected him to pass the way he did last year. This year, he has been hurt (knee) and has not been able to beat teams enough with his arm, and the offense has faltered with another year of film for defenses on top of that

I actually love what I saw from Lamar against the pats, I think it was a step forward for him throwing the ball. I expect him to break out this week 

Honestly, nothing matters for Lamar until January. 0-3 would be nearing Andy Dalton territory 

I think honestly the difference is just the coordinators. Roman does not scheme deep shots a lot, and we do not have guys who can get open deep, despite Hollywood being on the roster. Since Hollywood tweeted out his "why have souljas if you never use them (never!)" thing, he's been under a microscope, and he hasn't performed. Meanwhile, Kyler's got Christian Kirk, Hopkins, Isabella and Fitz all over the field at every level. The Ravens just don't have that and our passing scheme is not good at all.

Now that's not to excuse Lamar's deep accuracy issues, but I feel that a lot of those issues are that it's impossible for a guy to get into a rhythm with deep balls if he just never throws them. He has 3.1 deep ball attempts per game (23rd in the NFL), compared to Kyler's 4.4 per game (9th in the NFL). So for me, while Lamar's accuracy deep down the field is questionable, I think the true problem lies with:

• Our ONLY deep threat can't get open deep
  • Our passing schemes are not giving Lamar enough opportunities to take deep shots and exploit defenses that stack the box to stop the run

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think honestly the difference is just the coordinators. Roman does not scheme deep shots a lot, and we do not have guys who can get open deep, despite Hollywood being on the roster. Since Hollywood tweeted out his "why have souljas if you never use them (never!)" thing, he's been under a microscope, and he hasn't performed. Meanwhile, Kyler's got Christian Kirk, Hopkins, Isabella and Fitz all over the field at every level. The Ravens just don't have that and our passing scheme is not good at all.

Now that's not to excuse Lamar's deep accuracy issues, but I feel that a lot of those issues are that it's impossible for a guy to get into a rhythm with deep balls if he just never throws them. He has 3.1 deep ball attempts per game (23rd in the NFL), compared to Kyler's 4.4 per game (9th in the NFL). So for me, while Lamar's accuracy deep down the field is questionable, I think the true problem lies with:

• Our ONLY deep threat can't get open deep
  • Our passing schemes are not giving Lamar enough opportunities to take deep shots and exploit defenses that stack the box to stop the run

What is with this notion that Andy Isabella is a competent football player? Have people actually watched him in the league outside of that TD against the Niners last year. He would be WR3(maybe WR4 cause I’m high on Duvernay) at best on Baltimore?

9 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

What is with this notion that Andy Isabella is a competent football player? Have people actually watched him in the league outside of that TD against the Niners last year. He would be WR3(maybe WR4 cause I’m high on Duvernay) at best on Baltimore?

Not really that he's a competent football player, but he's definitely a deep threat. Duvernay might turn into that, but currently we're trotting out Hollywood, Boykin and Snead at WR and literally only one of those guys can even try to go deep against teams.

My overall point is that not only do we lack the scheme to take deep shots, we only have one deep threat and teams just basically double him and call it a day.

On 11/20/2020 at 4:32 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Sorry for being so late here, but I just mean that Jackson is taking contact more often, and making more moves as opposed to sliding. Although it could be because of the lack of space you were talking about.