Week 11: WFT vs The Bengals

MikeT14

3 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Whoever is in charge of evaluating DL is good at their job.  Ioannidis and Settle were pretty great grabs all things considered.  

Well Gruden wanted Ioannidis. As the story is told it was basically him standing on the table for Ioannidis in the 5th round. I credit Kyle Smith & Tim Grimble too though. Gruden also loved Cole Holcomb as a LB prospect too. 

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

I never thought that, by winning, we could potentially hemorrhage our future.  But this franchise comes up with new and inventive ways to surprise us. 

A 2-7 team winning with a 36-year old QB kinda defines what we’ve become. It’s sad really 

18 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Huh? That’s no reason to not focus on building around top draft picks.

I was responding to a post complaining about losing draft position because we were winning.  My point is not that draft picks aren't important, but they don't trump winning now when there is still a chance for postseason.  

1 minute ago, offbyone said:

I was responding to a post complaining about losing draft position because we were winning.  My point is not that draft picks aren't important, but they don't trump winning now when there is still a chance for postseason.  

Oh, well being the worst team to ever make a post season isn’t really something that’s good for our future either. We aren’t going anywhere in the playoffs. By winning the division we are likely going to lose 10-13 spots in draft position for one more game in the season which will almost assuredly be a blow out bc one of the NFC West teams; the Cardinals, Rams or Seachickens.

That’s what people who don’t want to win with an awful team are weighing.