Week 11: WFT vs The Bengals

MikeT14

17 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Oh, well being the worst team to ever make a post season isn’t really something that’s good for our future either. We aren’t going anywhere in the playoffs. By winning the division we are likely going to lose 10-13 spots in draft position for one more game in the season which will almost assuredly be a blow out bc one of the NFC West teams; the Cardinals, Rams or Seachickens.

That’s what people who don’t want to win with an awful team are weighing.

Not only that, but poor/mediocre talented teams almost never follow up late-season runs with sustained success. 

It is literally the NFL version of Fool's Gold.

GUESS WHAT BOI!!! This win puts us in a much better position to win the division.

Before this game it was:

1st Eagles: 3-5-1

2nd Giants: 3-7

3rd WFT: 2-7

4th Cowboys: 2-7

NOW:

1st Eagles: 3-6-1

3rd WFT: 3-7

Just broke this whole division open.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Dolphins built on their wins last year.

Huh? I'm talking about teams that ended up making playoffs.

But let's follow this a bit.

The Dolphins were a whopping 5-11 last year and actually intentionally tanked to get in position to get a QB while trading away players to garner extra picks. They parleyed that into 3 first rounders this year and will have 2 first rounders next year.

They didn't push for the division title and end up drafting 19th or 20th this year. Their first pick was theirs at #5. Which they used to get their QBOTF.

So your comparison isn't even in the same ballpark here.

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

By loading up on draft picks, spending in free agency and most of all by getting their QB. We have done none of that. 

Shhh...we're supposed to go for the division...draft 19th/20th and that will magically make us a better team next year and beyond.

3 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

GUESS WHAT BOI!!! This win puts us in a much better position to win the division.

Before this game it was:

1st Eagles: 3-5-1

3rd WFT: 2-7

NOW:

1st Eagles: 3-6-1

3rd WFT: 3-7

Just broke this whole division open.

giphy.gif

Dropped 3 spots as well.

Championship!

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If we were winning with a QB under 30, and didn't have a bunch of JAG veterans starting, I'd be OK with it.  There is winning while developing young guys, and this is not it.  THIS. IS. NOT. IT. 

We are a young team besides QB could have won any of our last 3 games too

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If we were winning with a QB under 30, and didn't have a bunch of JAG veterans starting, I'd be OK with it.  There is winning while developing young guys, and this is not it.  THIS. IS. NOT. IT. 

You have to understand, we are probably looking at our starting offense and defense for next year.

Do you expect anything else from Ron Rivera?

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

Were Vandy. Were Kentucky.

Enjoy the wins you get. Cause this fantasy of building some mega power champion aint happening. Never Never Ever under Snyder. Enjoy these brief moments of success.

4 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It's like people are trying to intentionally not get the point.

23 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Dolphins built on their wins last year.

Thank you!!! They spent this year but their locker room bought in and their FO paid and drafted well while bringing in guys the staff wanted to grow with. This offseason we will know what we have I think we do sign a guy or two but we act like we didn’t Fuller has been a stud for us. And Fuller didn’t get Byron Jones money. We can build off these games. But who knows this is one. Confidence is a weird thing but if they actually get two in a row something I can’t even remember doing in recency you just don’t know. But Dallas will always play tough no matter who’s starting. I’m just happy we’re seeing guys take their roles on the team. As stressful as the beginning of the season was I think the roster is showing they are buying in and the offense while it’s still not pushing the tempo because it’s not really the QB’s strength they are playing better fundemental football. If this DL ever clicks man they can be scary. We need better LB play that I’m sure is a focus of this draft or FA along with OL TE QB S

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1