Taysom Hill - Starting against the Falcons Sunday

Mid Iowa

It just hit the streets that Taysom Hill is going to start at QB against the Falcons on Sunday.

This is a surprising move to me, and I'm sure to most of us as we all suspected Jameis Winston to start, but apparently the Saints have given all first team reps to Hill. 

Of course Sean Payton has said in the past that he's our QB of the future, and that he thinks he's like Steve Young........uh, okay.......but I guess we'll get a real look. There's a very strong chance that we'll see Taysom make more pass attempts in the up & coming game than he's had his entire Pro career (18). At least this season his completion percentage has increased dramatically from 42.9, to 50, to 80 over the last 3 seasons, respectively.

So how do you think he'll fair?

Gonna be entertaining no matter what happens. We'll know pretty quickly this isn't viable if the Saints become the Tim Tebow Broncos overnight.

Taysom Hill is maybe the biggest meme in the NFL and it really ruffles some feathers when he does anything positive and seemingly everyone wants to see him fail. Because of that, I really hope the Saints get a cheeky W and Hill goes off just to see NFL Gen lose their minds. For the record I still want to see more Jameis Winston for the novelty/hell of it, too.

So it will be really interesting to see what sort of game plan Payton sets for him. I think we'll see a lot of RPO type plays, and Kamara is going to get fed. Apart from that I don't know what to expect. When he's passed this season, not exactly filling me with confidence. I love Payton but when he falls in love with a guy, he'll try force him. Like Brees to Jimmy Graham connect. I have my doubt but you know damn sure I'll be tuning in. Seeing what happens.

The other thing that crossed my mind is this is a huge smokescreen. Like Hill starts the game and is on a very short leash. Playing the Falcons twice in the next three games, I could see Payton giving both Hill and Winston a legitimate trial as Brees successor.

We will see

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

The other thing that crossed my mind is this is a huge smokescreen. Like Hill starts the game and is on a very short leash. Playing the Falcons twice in the next three games, I could see Payton giving both Hill and Winston a legitimate trial as Brees successor.

We will see

I had a similar thought. I also thought, who leaked this? Because Payton didn't want to announce a starter, so is this just BS, and do we see Winston?

Hill completion percentage has improved, but the sample size for ANY type of speculation is nill. 18 pass attempts in 3 years. Hell, Winston had nearly double that many INT's last season alone.

• Like 1

I was hoping Taysom would get a chance to start this season, obviously I didn’t want Brees hurt. This puts us in a position to continue to ride with Hill, Winston, get someone like Darnold or draft someone for next season.

Outside of the potential of losing the #1 seed, it’s a win-win scenario for the future.

• Like 1

Think its kind of a smokes and mirrors move to be honest. Think about it... game planning for Taysom Hill is tedious and frankly defenses still don't know how to plan against us when he's in. Will be interesting for sure.

I expect to see both used to be fair. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Yo shout out to Adam schefter trying to start crap. If there is one thing I’m sure of in our building, everyone marches to the beat of Payton. No way someone will question his call and talk to schefter. 

I’m not 100 percent sure on that one.  If Taysom has looked bad passing the ball in practice, there are probably some disgruntled employees.  Especially since Jameis seems to be well liked in the locker room.