Myles Garret COVID situation

hornbybrown

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’m no medical professional, but that fever is high enough to kill or at least cause him to pass out. I think 107 puts you in a coma.

Just not smart.

Yeah, it seems high to me. I called him this morning and it was down around 100 then. He said he has been doing video calls with his doctor at least.

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I’m no medical professional, but that fever is high enough to kill or at least cause him to pass out. I think 107 puts you in a coma.

Just not smart.

108 kills you. 

your body goes into hyperpyrxia around 104-107. Which will put you in a coma if you don’t get it down. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

108 kills you. 

your body goes into hyperpyrxia around 104-107. Which will put you in a coma if you don’t get it down. 

Have you actually seen some have a fever that high from infection? 

I have like 1 or two a year that really need aggressive treatment for fever. 

The worst fever I have seen was from an od on venlafaxine.

Edited by Kiwibrown

I had type B flu a few years ago that was 103.5 when I got home from work and it stayed over 101 for 11 days with tylenol. I don't recommend it though.

Somehow I haven't caught Covid, Wife has been sick with it for 11 days and most of them we shared our normal spaces (Health dept. told us to isolate from each other or my date to go back to work would be pushed further back, already Dec. 4th so the last few days we haven't slept in the same room and etc.)

I may just have the creeper version though.

Where is LGB?

51 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I had type B flu a few years ago that was 103.5 when I got home from work and it stayed over 101 for 11 days with tylenol. I don't recommend it though.

Somehow I haven't caught Covid, Wife has been sick with it for 11 days and most of them we shared our normal spaces (Health dept. told us to isolate from each other or my date to go back to work would be pushed further back, already Dec. 4th so the last few days we haven't slept in the same room and etc.)

Where is LGB?

My brother in law got it, his wife and two kids never tested positive. So who knows???

52 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Where is LGB?

Well I have seen studies that said that certain blood types are less likely to get it. 

You also might have it but are just not showing symptoms or you are but they are so minor you are not even thinking twice about it 

Edited by buno67

12 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Well I have seen studies that said that certain blood types are less likely to get it. 

You also might have it but are just not showing symptoms or you are but they are so minor you are not even thinking twice about it 

Well I got tested a few days after my wife started showing symptoms and got tested and I was negative at that point, who knows about today but still not showing symptoms.

13 minutes ago, JDD said:

My brother in law got it, his wife and two kids never tested positive. So who knows???

Yeah there was a study somewhere that showed only 12% of members sharing a household got infected. It was just from one state so a small sample size but shocking none the less.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah there was a study somewhere that showed only 12% of members sharing a household got infected. It was just from one state so a small sample size but shocking none the less.

Also if you are smart and not sharing things, not breathing on each other and it touching your face and washing your hands. You should be good

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Also if you are smart and not sharing things, not breathing on each other and it touching your face and washing your hands. You should be good

Yeah, as much as we can. I'm still taking care of her and cooking and bringing her meds and food and such. We weren't doing that before we knew she had been infected though, she still was likely contagious at that point. Even shortly after I figured I gave it to her because while both of us take precautions with her being higher risk she hasn't been anywhere but to work since March (minus a DR. Appt in Oct.).I still shopped and such, wearing a mask but out among people.