Week 11 GDT: BAL Ravens (6-3) vs TEN Titans (6-3)

diamondbull424

Baltimore Ravens (6-3)
orlando brown football GIF by Baltimore Ravens

VS
Tennessee Titans (6-3)

Flexing Derrick Henry GIF by Tennessee Titans

Where: M&T Bank Stadium
When: 1 PM EST
Viewing: CBS, NFL Gamepass INT, Seedy Stream Website

What’s at stake: Currently 7 teams in the AFC are at only 3 losses on the season (the Bills being the 7th, with 7 wins). These teams all range from being the 3rd seed (Bills) to the 9th seed, Browns. The Ravens are currently, if the season ended today, only the 7th seed in the conference. This season could end at any moment due to COVID-19 and the league doing an 8 team playoffs could be instituted at any inconvenient moment. Thus winning this game to stay in the playoffs is absolutely critical. What’s more it would gain a tie breaker against a competing team that could prove useful later in the season if things finish as planned.

Key Questions: How will the team address the loss of Nick Boyle within our offense? Will the team continue to start Skura at center after his snaps have grossly impacted the last two games? Is DJ Fluker a starter moving forward or has he been benched after one bad half against the Pats? Can our passing attack continue to build momentum with a good performance this game?

Baltimore Ravens injury report - Week 11:

Player Position Injury Wed Thur Fri Game status
Calais Campbell DE Calf DNP DNP DNP Doubtful
Anthony Levine Sr. DB NIR DNP
Jimmy Smith CB Ankle DNP LP LP Questionable
Brandon Williams DT Ankle DNP DNP DNP Doubtful
Orlando Brown Jr. T NIR LP
L.J. Fort LB Finger FP FP FP Questionable
Pernell McPhee OLB NIR DNP
Trace McSorley QB NIR DNP
Mark Ingram RB NIR DNP
Derek Wolfe DE NIR DNP

Key:
DNP – Did not participate
LP – Limited participation (anything below 100%)
FP – Full participation
NIR – Non-injury-related

Tennessee Titans injury report - Week 11:

Player Position Injury Wed. Thur. Fri. Game status
Jadeveon Clowney OLB Knee DNP DNP DNP Out
Corey Davis WR NIR DNP
Adam Humphries WR Concussion DNP DNP DNP Out
Adoree Jackson CB Knee DNP DNP DNP Out
Chris Jackson CB Illness DNP DNP FP
Ben Jones C Knee DNP DNP DNP Questionable
Larrell Murchison DL Rib DNP DNP DNP Out
MyCole Pruitt TE Knee DNP DNP DNP Out
Rodger Saffold G Ankle DNP DNP DNP Out
Dennis Kelly T Knee LP DNP FP
Senorise Perry RB Knee FP FP FP  
A.J. Brown WR Knee DNP FP  
Kareem Orr CB Groin LP DNP Questionable
Kenny Vaccaro S Neck LP FP

Key:
DNP – Did not participate
LP – Limited participation (anything below 100%)
FP – Full participation
NIR – Non-injury-related

With this game, I’m cautiously optimistic. I think Derrick Henry will definitely be a problem and I’m not foolish enough to underestimate Ryan Tannehill here. However as bad as our defense played against NE last week in that monsoon. I’m hopeful that given a week for them to practice and prepare with one another, they will all have a better feel for one another out there. Trust is a big thing on defense and even if I doubt they are gangbusters here, I think there’s reason to believe they can be better than last week. What’s more the NE offensive line is one of the best in the league, whereas the Titans are down to starting OL, though Isaiah Wilson will be suiting up and that’s an unaccounted for variable here. But it stands to reason that we shouldn’t see the same quality of running holes available as last game, thus it will be a game about trying to get to Derrick Henry before he picks up a full head of steam and we have the LBs to do it.

While Henry scares me, far more scary (to me) is the prospect of an elite receiving RB to exploit our LB coverage. Even when healthy its the biggest Achilles heal of the unit. The more snaps for Henry, the less we’ll have to worry about that prospect. Henry will give our LBs all they can handle, but (knock on wood) it’s probably not as likely that we find him burning our LBs in coverage for an explosive downfield play. Also we are likely getting Jimmy Smith back for this game, with the Titans down Adam Humphries. Our secondary at as full strength as it can be should allow us to be able to commit more attention within our front 7 to contain the Titans offense. That and the defensive unit, as bad as it was against NE were able to gel enough to close out that game to force a few punts, this could be a sign of young guys that just needed time to gel together being beat up by a strong, well coached, and savvy OL.

Lastly, the Titans defense and special teams has been a sore spot for them all season. While our offense has been warming up the last couple of weeks outside of Skura doing his best effort to implode the unit all on his own, this could be the exact kind of defense (Titans) that will allow the unit to fully breakout and build the ultimate amount of momentum. While our special teams unit is one of the best in the league and should be able to take advantage of any special teams flaws of the Titans, that best present itself. Be it a fake punt pass/run on 4th down or a blocked FG that changes the momentum of the game. This is a huge game because its the next game, but its also the kind of momentum win this team could use to catapult their momentum to close out this season. Let’s get it! With any luck this game will look a lot like:
attack on titan GIF by Funimationlevi GIFattack on titan titans GIFattack on titan GIF by Funimation

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BareYourTeeth said:

We better see plenty of Harrison + Fort tomorrow.

As long as we still see a lot of Queen, I’m down. While PQ isn’t a great tackler, he’s incredibly twitched up and the key to containing Henry is to get him before he starts moving and then gang tackling him. So Queen in there allows us to wrap him up potentially behind the LOS until reinforcements arrive.

Queen’s weaknesses in fighting through trash is his third biggest flaw (to coverage and form tackling), but he looked better at it to close out the Pats game than he did in just the beginning of the game. I have confidence that he will right ship this week.

1 hour ago, M.10.E said:

This is a game where we need Lamar to step up and win for us vs a weak defense. Full stop. I believe. 

1 hour ago, RavensfanRD said:

I originally had this as an L, so I'm sticking with my guns. The Ravens SHOULD win, but I just don't have the faith they'll get it done when they should. I also agree with @M.10.E that Lamar is going to have to put the team in the backpack and carry them to victory.

Agreed about Lamar having to pull us through. But me personally, I’m getting Lamar perfect passer game type vibes here. He had a semi-breakout game against the Colts defense in the second half. Then he had a near breakout game against the Pats that I think was interrupted by Skura’s terrible snaps.

I think the team was at its breaking point and whether Skura’s hand is finally healed or whether they replace him at center with Bozeman/Mekari, I think they get the snaps figured out.

So add that in conjunction with the Titans having a bottom 5-10 defense in the league. Add in the fact that Roman said in his presser that it’s “probably a good thing that teams have tendencies on us moving forward” in conjunction with “we will have a new offensive identity moving forward” and it’s possible the Titans defense won’t know what to expect defensively.

From the standpoint of our offense vs their defense, this could be like the Dolphins last season when they played against Lamar and went into the game thinking we were going to run the ball like 70% of the time and we just went full blitzkrieg on them with the passing attack.

We get up by 3 scores early in this game, we would force the Titans to have to abandon Derrick Henry and put the ball in the air. With the full collection of our corners, with that defense having just been embarrassed on national TV, with our team being the front runners like they are...

I’m cautiously optimistic with this game, I’ll just say that. I’m expecting big games from Lamar and Patrick Queen.

EDIT: The only thing keeping me from being more confident in this one is the fact that the Titans are like 6-1 after 10 days of prep time under Vrabel, something like that. They’ve basically been given an additional bye week and so that could play somewhat of a factor here. Allow guys to get their bodies right. And we saw how official they looked after their Covid-19 bye weeks.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

If our WRs can't get going against TEN, all hope is lost. I need Hollywood to come out with something to prove tomorrow. I'm talking AT LEAST 100 yards and a score.

Agree 100%. As the original and biggest Hollywood fan on this site, this is a show up or shut up game for him. His effort last week was pathetic, and he needs a big bounce back game more than Roman or Lamar or Queen or basically anyone outside potentially Skura.

• Like 3

Its not like this move will suddenly turn the line into a somewhat competent unit. Still have the likes of Fluker and/or Holden potentially starting to F up. 

If at least these guys can manage to line up correctly for just one game and cut the penalties it would be greatly appreciated.

Jeffery Simmons is going to feast today. Sigh.