Week 11 GDT: BAL Ravens (6-3) vs TEN Titans (6-3)

diamondbull424

3 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Let's just be honest. More often than not, he's innacurate, he's got happy feet and he can't be relied on to throw us to victory. He is what he is, a dynamic playmaker that probably can't bring you back in a game. He's far beyond average but he comes with his serious faults. 

I'm not even going to argue this, because the tape doesn't lie and so far this year, that's exactly what Lamar is. He was so much better in every area in 2019. He can't even get chunk plays running the ball this year, it seems like.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'm not even going to argue this, because the tape doesn't lie and so far this year, that's exactly what Lamar is. He was so much better in every area in 2019. He can't even get chunk plays running the ball this year, it seems like.

Yup. There’s a reason why I’ve been saying wait to pay him max money. There’s no reason to pay him after this year. None at all. 

It's hard to swallow but we have to. He misses open receivers so often, it's infuriating. He really has issues making reads too. He's in his 3rd year. If he continues like this next year, the Ravens have a decision to make. 

Just now, baltimoreRebel said:

It's hard to swallow but we have to. He misses open receivers so often, it's infuriating. He really has issues making reads too. He's in his 3rd year. If he continues like this next year, the Ravens have a decision to make. 

Also, let's not let our D off the hook. Pathetic tackling combined with missed assignments is killing us. A lot has to do with coaching too. We have some serious decisions to make as a whole if this continues. 

Lamar, terrible game. Lamar needs to actually learn to audible based on defensive looks. Like you see Dez Bryant out there all alone with 10 yards of space, how do you not audible to a hitch route?? Like...

Roman, bad play calling, they stopped Bryant one time on one of those passes and he refuses to go back to the actual hitch playcall??? Like in what universe? Dobbins is eating for an entire drive and we sub him when he’s not even close to being tired?

Hollywood Brown... disappearing for an entire game with THOSE corners guarding him, dropping key passes in the game? He’s absolutely NOT a Soulja. He’s not even worthy of a 5th year option at this point.

RT... obvious problem. Having to deploy additional resources there consistently.

DeCosta... this is the fruits of the WR core he’s built. A unit of midget men who can’t actually high point a football. It was an issue in the scouting process with these guys and is an issue at the NFL level with these guys. Is he FINALLY going to take this serious now and stop listening to Lamar about what weapons to give him and actually getting Lamar an appropriate WR fit for his passing style. Like he’s the talent evaluator. We had our pick of the litter for one of the best WR classes in recent memory... and we went after the weak sauce WR that had a gimpy foot. Hollywood is a good NFL WR, but best fit for Lamar? Not really. Duvernay is actually a quality offensive fit, but still was not a great fit. His offensive build design needs to be called into question considering the coaching staff and players. He wanted to build a track team around Lamar and Roman... when neither of that fits their strengths as coaches and players. Those picks weren’t wasted, but the early returns aren’t of guys that are living up to their station.

This team will now HAVE to beat the Steelers on Thanksgiving just to make the playoffs, let alone have any hope against the division. Heads need to roll on this coaching staff though. This number of penalties is ridiculous. There’s just no reason for all of these penalties and lack of discipline throughout games.

• Like 1

Terrible game where we beat ourselves and completely avoids making plays both offensively or defensively. 
We’re very focused on stopping the run and for 3/4 of the game we actually succeeds by investing lots of men to stop Henry. But we are easy to beat with simple passing concepts when we play cover 0/cover 1 man in the secondary. Overall we are simply not making plays.

On offense we refuse the scheme guys open and other than Andrews and Dobbins no one is stepping up. Roman is not putting pressure on the defense with his play calling and Lamar is average both running and passing.

• Like 1

Just now, M.10.E said:

Yup. There’s a reason why I’ve been saying wait to pay him max money. There’s no reason to pay him after this year. None at all. 

I just don't know. It's so hard to not commit to your unanimous MVP QB after you already risked everything to draft him and change your philosophy for him. On the other hand, he has so many flaws as a passer that just can't be understated.

Just now, baltimoreRebel said:

He goes through progressions well, but he has accuracy issues and it looks honestly like he has pre-snap read issues too. I cannot for the life of me understand why he wasn't throwing quick slants to Dez on those looks.

I just don't know. It's so hard to not commit to your unanimous MVP QB after you already risked everything to draft him and change your philosophy for him. On the other hand, he has so many flaws as a passer that just can't be understated.

He goes through progressions well, but he has accuracy issues and it looks honestly like he has pre-snap read issues too. I cannot for the life of me understand why he wasn't throwing quick slants to Dez on those looks.

Pay for future results, not past success. There’s just zero reason to pay him after this year. Zero. 

Edited by M.10.E

Just now, paraven said:

Lamars been bad all season, I think this game just further shows hes trending toward being a Carson Wentz as opposed to a Pat Mahomes

He doesn't have the turnover issues Wentz has. He's his own prototype and always has been, but this year definitely seems like he's trending towards that "average starter" area.

• Like 1

Takeaways

• We already know what we are on offense. We had plenty of times to change that in the redzone and the offense just start to do weird things that I don't get.
  • Defense played like garbage and Wink isn't off the hook.
  • Harbaugh just cannot make meaningful adjustments
  • Lamar left a ton of plays on the field from being inaccurate and it cost it
  • Greg Roman is Greg Roman

But of all the things that transpired in that game, the ONE thing that pissed me off the most was that screen. In that moment. In that time.