Week 11 GDT: BAL Ravens (6-3) vs TEN Titans (6-3)

diamondbull424

1 minute ago, M.10.E said:

I can’t pay him 35M/yr right now. Just can’t do it. 

I'm definitely not giving him that contract after this season, I know that much. It is on DeCosta to add some legitimate weapons for Lamar. We need another TE and another WR at minimum. I'd like to see us snag a Center as well. Let's give Lamar everything he needs. Sink or Swim.. 

6 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I think this is the time to actually negotiation and sign with him. I mean, his value is taking a hit this season. Do we really want to wait to give him an offseason to get his fundamentals down further and get better with his pre-snap reads down in a non COVID, non Madden Curse type of year, where he breaks back out to try and sign him. Lamar at worst provides enough juice to this offense to keep us within playoff contention. That much we know, regardless of how he does it. Even if we only give him a short extension, locking him up could be a bargain after this type of season. Could get him for probably around $35m/year now... which is a lot, but spread out over multiple years... and considering what QBs are likely to rise to in the coming years, that could be the new $20m point for a QB moving forward IMO.

Nah, you let him play it out and at worse have him Flacco you to a Superbowl run before you give him any money. Because what IF he doesn't improve? Now we're back in the same situation and stuck with him because he's getting 35 mill a year.

Oh. And I’d be remiss, If I don’t say again that Queen’s effort level has been absolute trash. Too many plays where he’s either running lazily or just sitting in gaps waiting for the lead blocker and RB to come his way as if somehow waiting is going to save the big play... it won’t, because he just allows himself to get blocked and removed vs filling the gap and keeping the RB momentum from coming and hoping his defenders can converge in time.

Queen only wants the splash plays for himself, but doesn’t want to do the dirty work. The only way he’ll look good is if we keep him completely clean. We’ll have to hope Campbell and Williams are ready for Thursday... though the Steelers will just abuse him in coverage. He’s a waste of talent right now. He’s overthinking everything and seemingly questioning what the coaches tell him, considering his presser recently. He’s proving PFF correct at this point.

Just now, baltimoreRebel said:

Lamar continues the dog whistle for the firing of Roman. I'm here for all of it Lol

And he should get it after that lame *** screen. 

But at the same time, it tells that this team has no heart and fold under pressure. Ravens just aren't built for it. Even last year in our 14-2 season it showed. Now that things are spiraling out of control, it just looks worse.

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

Oh. And I’d be remiss, If I don’t say again that Queen’s effort level has been absolute trash. Too many plays where he’s either running lazily or just sitting in gaps waiting for the lead blocker and RB to come his way as if somehow waiting is going to save the big play... it won’t, because he just allows himself to get blocked and removed vs filling the gap and keeping the RB momentum from coming and hoping his defenders can converge in time.

Queen only wants the splash plays for himself, but doesn’t want to do the dirty work. The only way he’ll look good is if we keep him completely clean. We’ll have to hope Campbell and Williams are ready for Thursday... though the Steelers will just abuse him in coverage. He’s a waste of talent right now. He’s overthinking everything and seemingly questioning what the coaches tell him, considering his presser recently. He’s proving PFF correct at this point.

I personally think you're way too hard on this kid. ILB in the NFL is a huge learning curve and he was started right away. I do see a lot of what you see, not to the extent you explain it. Give him some time.

6 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Then you were 100% an awful teammate in anything you played, if you played anything. This is never acceptable. I don't care if their team took a dump on our logo. You shake hands no matter how bad you don't want to. 

If I’m Harbaugh I don’t shake his hand. I dap him up as an acknowledgement of defeat, while simultaneously showing that I don’t respect him. Then keep it moving. I’ve done it before. It’s both sportsmanship while also being disrespectful at the same time.

4 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Then you were 100% an awful teammate in anything you played, if you played anything. This is never acceptable. I don't care if their team took a dump on our logo. You shake hands no matter how bad you don't want to. 

Teammate? Hell no. Granted I never played at a professional level, but the teams I did play on in HS and in rec league, we didn't acknowledge clowns who wanted to be disrespectful outside the game. We did the same thing as Harbs, except usually it would be after we crushed them on the field. Gtfo here with that holier than thou bs after a game like that. 

11 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I personally think you're way too hard on this kid. ILB in the NFL is a huge learning curve and he was started right away. I do see a lot of what you see, not to the extent you explain it. Give him some time.

I’m fair, when he was destroying versus the WFT and the Bengals, I was all in on what he was doing. But his strength is his run stopping ability. Teams are just straight up running right at him now and seeing if he wants it enough and he’s beginning to show that he doesn’t want it. But I’d be willing to forgive that. It was never a strength of his as a prospect. That was one of my concerns about him and why I started to cool off on him as a prospect that I was in love with. He was one of “my guys” until later in the process, where I still liked him, but had some concerns with his physicality, with his vision occasionally, and with his feel in coverage, specifically zone coverage... I felt his man coverage was above average... and I think given enough time he can definitely make definite improvements in his man coverage moving forward.

So I’m not against Queen. But one thing I hate is terrible effort from players. Guys jogging to ball carriers is something that I never tolerated when I played from my teammates on tape and I won’t tolerate as a fan. You might not be able to control everything as a player, but you can control the effort you give on a play. If Queen was just not executing I’d be FAR less upset than I am now with his effort levels being very questionable. While you can work on executing things better, you can’t teach effort.

Edited by diamondbull424

21 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Watch that gif of Henry "handing us the L" and look whose gap Henry runs through for the Touchdown.

(HINT: It's Queen's, because he didn't attack his gap downhill)

• Like 1

Roman has one more game IMO.

If he has another bad/terrible game calling plays, he needs to be downgraded from play caller. Put Culley and/or Urban in on a trial run in that capacity moving forward. I’d honestly do it now, but on a short week and playing a divisional opponent, I’m not convinced this is the time to make that change.

But with a 10 day break after the Thanksgiving game? If this offense is still executing on its same level where penalties continue to kill the unit, if the WRs continue to struggle to get open, if the running game minus Dobbins doing the impossible, continues to struggle... what’s the point of having him call plays. Teams clearly have a bead on what he is as a play caller and we’re not winning anything with Roman moving forward. The offense has been terrible all season. There’s just no excuse for things like Skura hurting the team with snaps for multiple drives and not benching him earlier. At least Mekari, who has been moved around so often has an excuse for his penalty to close out the game.

But all in all, Roman has one more game to prove himself. The entire unit can’t struggle for an entire season without blaming the guy in charge.

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

Roman has one more game IMO.

If he has another bad/terrible game calling plays, he needs to be downgraded from play caller. Put Culley and/or Urban in on a trial run in that capacity moving forward. I’d honestly do it now, but on a short week and playing a divisional opponent, I’m not convinced this is the time to make that change.

But with a 10 day break after the Thanksgiving game? If this offense is still executing on its same level where penalties continue to kill the unit, if the WRs continue to struggle to get open, if the running game minus Dobbins doing the impossible, continues to struggle... what’s the point of having him call plays. Teams clearly have a bead on what he is as a play caller and we’re not winning anything with Roman moving forward. The offense has been terrible all season. There’s just no excuse for things like Skura hurting the team with snaps for multiple drives and not benching him earlier. At least Mekari, who has been moved around so often has an excuse for his penalty to close out the game.

But all in all, Roman has one more game to prove himself. The entire unit can’t struggle for an entire season without blaming the guy in charge.

Small tidbit, we play Dallas the following Thursday. Probably doesn’t change your opinion but yeah. 

Edited by M.10.E
  • Like 1

I just can't get this image out of my head when thinking about this game:

hEBaiHe.png

Any other team in the NFL runs a slant to Dez and he probably scores. Us? Not even a freaking thought to give him the ball. And I don't care if Dez was replaced by Breshad Perriman, you run a slant and throw him the ball in space. The NFL is about getting your skill position guys the ball in space, because time and time again it's proven that they WILL make people miss and make plays for you.

We just literally don't do that.

• Like 1