Sign in to follow this  
rackcs

Week 13 Prospect Talk

Some interesting games this week. Definitely gonna check out @Counselor's boy Jerome Johnson against Ohio State, that's gonna be quite the matchup. For the afternoon games I'll be watching Darrisaw against those Pittsburgh pass rushers, I really want to see him go against some speed guys. None of the night games super interest me prospect wise so I'm willing to hear anyone out if they've got some hidden gem they want me to check out. Otherwise I'll probably just watch one of the SEC matchups.

Edited by rackcs
  • Like 1

Zaven Collins, Zaven Collins, Zaven Collins.

Dude is legit and probably a 1st round pick, has two game winning INTs this year, could play ILB in a 3/4 or OLB in a 3/4 or DE in a 4/3.  Oh and he is pre med as well, plays with passion, is a great leader, great competitor, is great in coverage for a linebacker, wonderful instincts overall and good getting after the QB.

Rondale Moore looked good last night after missing so many games, should be a easy 1st rounder if he declares and gets back into shape.  His teammate Cory Trice is a legit NFL prospect at CB.  Is a big long corner, good feet for someone that tall and as a RS SOPH could be an interesting pick this season or could join the fine CB class of 2022 potentially, is included in that SOPH class that is arguably better than most from this current SR/JR class at corner.  

Elijah Moore should be a lock 1st rounder, kid is destroying people on Ole Miss and is a hell of a weapon in the slot.  

Indiana has arguably 7 or 8 NFL prospects on defense and 5 are in the secondary.  Are probably the best secondary in the Big Ten so far this season, will see if they show up against Ohio State.  If so then there will be no question about them as a unit, Mullen is a super star, Reese is much improved and Jamar Johnson makes tons of plays back deep same with Matthews and Jones/McFadden both can really run at LB.  And they do not even have the senior Marcelino Ball who is injured for the season and has had a solid career for Indiana as a S/LB.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Zaven Collins, Zaven Collins, Zaven Collins.

Dude is legit and probably a 1st round pick, has two game winning INTs this year, could play ILB in a 3/4 or OLB in a 3/4 or DE in a 4/3.  Oh and he is pre med as well, plays with passion, is a great leader, great competitor, is great in coverage for a linebacker, wonderful instincts overall and good getting after the QB.

Rondale Moore looked good last night after missing so many games, should be a easy 1st rounder if he declares and gets back into shape.  His teammate Cory Trice is a legit NFL prospect at CB.  Is a big long corner, good feet for someone that tall and as a RS SOPH could be an interesting pick this season or could join the fine CB class of 2022 potentially, is included in that SOPH class that is arguably better than most from this current SR/JR class at corner.  

Elijah Moore should be a lock 1st rounder, kid is destroying people on Ole Miss and is a hell of a weapon in the slot.  

Indiana has arguably 7 or 8 NFL prospects on defense and 5 are in the secondary.  Are probably the best secondary in the Big Ten so far this season, will see if they show up against Ohio State.  If so then there will be no question about them as a unit, Mullen is a super star, Reese is much improved and Jamar Johnson makes tons of plays back deep same with Matthews and Jones/McFadden both can really run at LB.  And they do not even have the senior Marcelino Ball who is injured for the season and has had a solid career for Indiana as a S/LB.

Love Collins, Love Moore, Mullen is a stud

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

Some interesting games this week. Definitely gonna check out @Counselor's boy Jerome Johnson against Ohio State, that's gonna be quite the matchup. For the afternoon games I'll be watching Darrisaw against those Pittsburgh pass rushers, I really want to see him go against some speed guys. None of the night games super interest me prospect wise so I'm willing to hear anyone out if they've got some hidden gem they want me to check out. Otherwise I'll probably just watch one of the SEC matchups.

Yep this is going to be a good test for Johnson 

@rackcs you see that Jerome Int? That’s what I was talking about he hustles down field in pass plays and that is why he was there to get the pick off the deflection as a 300 plus pound defensive tackle.

42 minutes ago, Counselor said:

@rackcs you see that Jerome Int? That’s what I was talking about he hustles down field in pass plays and that is why he was there to get the pick off the deflection as a 300 plus pound defensive tackle.

I got roped into yard work and am not watching unfortunately 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I got roped into yard work and am not watching unfortunately 

comedy geek GIF by Alpha

Live Look at Rack

• Like 2

I've watched the first half of the Ohio St. game. Only bit of Justin Fields I've ever seen. He isn't an NFL QB.

6 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

I've watched the first half of the Ohio St. game. Only bit of Justin Fields I've ever seen. He isn't an NFL QB.

Seems like a proper evaluation.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Seems like a proper evaluation.

Let me rephrase. His passing skills against a decent defense have been bad. His running skills are very good. He will get figured out the same way Lamar, Young and RGII before him.

7 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

Let me rephrase. His passing skills against a decent defense have been bad. His running skills are very good. He will get figured out the same way Lamar, Young and RGII before him.

I'm surprised you're not a professional scout if you can completely evaluate a guy's entire career based on one half of football. Especially a notoriously difficult to scout position like QB. You should send your resume to a couple of teams. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rackcs said:

I'm surprised you're not a professional scout if you can completely evaluate a guy's entire career based on one half of football. Especially a notoriously difficult to scout position like QB. You should send your resume to a couple of teams. 

2 ranked opponents, and one was a dumpster fire in Penn St.

18/30 300 3 and 2 I'd expect more from a top 10 prospect facing a top 10 program.

Getting a lot of snark, but not much else. Being honest has never counted for much on these boards. Not sure what I expected.

1 minute ago, twslhs20 said:

2 ranked opponents, and one was a dumpster fire in Penn St.

18/30 300 3 and 2 I'd expect more from a top 10 prospect facing a top 10 program.

Getting a lot of snark, but not much else. Being honest has never counted for much on these boards. Not sure what I expected.

You're getting snark because you're evaluating a player based on one half of football. Full stop. Honesty is fine but then I'm going to be honest back and call you a clown for that one. I'm not a fan of Fields myself but your take is straight up bad.

You're ranking based on numbers and then watching one half of a game. That's not scouting.

Edited by rackcs