Draft Discussion, team needs, 2021 FA...

Giants4eva

Figured id start one up with where the team has a need and potential improvements we can make after this season comes to an end. As i make this we have 6 games to go in the 2020 season and i figured now's not a bad time to get this going. With that being said. I wanna start off with my thoughts on team needs....

My biggest need coming in the future so far under year 1 of Joe Judge is we are still lacking a premier pass rusher and a premier WR. This topic is up for debate and im very happy to be able to put my thoughts in like anybody else. Concerning the argument of premier WR and premier pass rusher, i have to think we are gonna wait for draft time with our 1st pick (right now standing 8th overall). My ideal pick honestly is going for a pass rusher. I have to think a possible EDGE guy or a LB that could come down and bring the noise would put this defence into the top 10 of the NFL. My guy as of now for that is 1 of 2 and 1st is Greg Rousseau if we manage to pull that off or the other guy is Micah Parsons. 

Concerning FA, i think we truly gotta give the money to Dalvin and Leonard Williams. I think the odd man out unless we manage to convince him to stay is gonna be Logan Ryan. I really wanna see him stay here with us as i think this team is starting to build something special but well see. And he is showing he's a leader but i dont know, well see on that. 

The draft is always something i keep a keen eye on and im really excited for the future. 

Edited by Giants4eva

I'm not thinking about the draft very much yet. This year's team doesn't have as many holes as I feared, and we can still win the division as crazy as that is. In the meantime I'm enjoying Philly vs Cleveland quite a bit. 😁

Going off the top of my head I think our needs will be at CB2, edge rusher, and possibly TE. Engram is way too inconsistent and Smith can't seem to make it on to the field. I'm pretty satisfied with our linebackers, although we probably won't pass up on a talent like Parsons if he falls to us. WR core is still healing and developing. I still think David Sills can do good things for us if he sticks around and stays healthy next year.

I'm not paying Aaron Donald money to Leonard Williams. If he insists on that I would let him walk. Dexter and Dalvin take priority. Maybe Ryan too if he continues to be valuable both on and off the field. I look forward to seeing what we have in the X-Man.

18 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

I'm not thinking about the draft very much yet. This year's team doesn't have as many holes as I feared, and we can still win the division as crazy as that is. In the meantime I'm enjoying Philly vs Cleveland quite a bit. 😁

Going off the top of my head I think our needs will be at CB2, edge rusher, and possibly TE. Engram is way too inconsistent and Smith can't seem to make it on to the field. I'm pretty satisfied with our linebackers, although we probably won't pass up on a talent like Parsons if he falls to us. WR core is still healing and developing. I still think David Sills can do good things for us if he sticks around and stays healthy next year.

I'm not paying Aaron Donald money to Leonard Williams. If he insists on that I would let him walk. Dexter and Dalvin take priority. Maybe Ryan too if he continues to be valuable both on and off the field. I look forward to seeing what we have in the X-Man.

I agree with everything you're saying except for the WR point. Going forward saying, "I still think David Sills can do good things for us..." is not good enough. We have to put people in that WR room that he has to beat to earn his playing time. 

• Like 1

I wonder if there is any way possible we end up landing Jamar Chase in the draft. That kid is just a pure stud with the skill set to be a perennial pro bowler. Given that Rousseau i think is gone in the 2-3 i think he's off the board at this moment in time to us, so top tier pass rusher, scratch that one in rd1. Concerning Leonard Williams, i have to think we give him a good pay day. No matter which way we cut it, he makes this dline alot better and especially against the run. Just hope management recognizes they have a guy whos looking to be a probowler this year. 

Edited by Giants4eva

5 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

Honestly, what would be the chances of Bakhtiari leaving Green Bay 😆

Dear god no. Bakhtiari's one of the most gratuitous holders in the league. He gets away with it because of the team he's on and the HOF QB he's protecting. The Giants don't get breaks like that from the officials. 😅

17 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

Dear god no. Bakhtiari's one of the most gratuitous holders in the league. He gets away with it because of the team he's on and the HOF QB he's protecting. The Giants don't get breaks like that from the officials. 😅

Hmm makes sense. i don't watch many GB games to know much about him other than his stellar PFF grade. Moton is another guy I like a lot in this FA class. 

15 hours ago, EL Guapo said:

I think they would go Allen Robison or Golladay over Yannick or Barrett. Depends on what they think of the edge rushers, maybe the price comes down. 

Would rather they go Taylor Moton for that Tackle spot opposite Thomas, but wouldn't be mad with Golladay. I'd have to see Robinson's deal cause hasn't he only played two full seasons? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

Would rather they go Taylor Moton for that Tackle spot opposite Thomas, but wouldn't be mad with Golladay. I'd have to see Robinson's deal cause hasn't he only played two full seasons? 

Three. Aside from 2017 when he tore his ACL, he's been fairly durable. I might even take Robinson over Golladay, simply because he's put up good numbers without a Pro Bowl QB throwing to him.

21 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

Besides the fact that Bakh is the best pass protector in football over the past few years and is a likely hall of famer, he just signed a huuuge extension so there is zero chance he leaves GB anytime soon. 

Allen Robinson or Kenny Golladay is a must target this offseason. We need to stack the team while DJ is still on his rookie deal, if we feel like he is the guy at the end of this season.

• 4 weeks later...

After last nights loss to the Browns, its become very evident what the needs are now. #1 Edge rusher and a #1 WR. Golden Tate is just done if u ask me. What are the possible chances of us getting Ja"Marr Chase ?? To me it comes down to him or Devonta Smith. We just cannot get things going on this offense until we have a gamebreaker at WR and possibly a QB who wont stop getting hurt every other week. I really would like an elite edge rusher but this draft is not even close in talent with the guys on the edge. Greg Rousseau is gonna be a top 5 pick so that is not happening. Id be down for an elite #2 corner if they go that route in rd1. Guy like Patrick Surtain II would be decent. 

Edited by Giants4eva

52 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

So where should we spend money this offseason? We could realistically Franchise Williams a second time re-sign Tomlinson, and still have money for a Rusher of Yannik's caliber. 

I think some money has to be spent on a guy like Bud Dupree or Yannick. Then go into the draft for a guy like Devonta Smith or Jaylen Waddle. This next draft is very light on elite talent. There is no Chase Young in this next draft. Rousseau or Paye are the top 2 on edge. Im of the mindset go into the draft going for offensive weapons. Or the flip side is bring in a guy like Allen Robinson and draft Paye and possibly a guy like Shaun Wade 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

I think some money has to be spent on a guy like Bud Dupree or Yannick. Then go into the draft for a guy like Devonta Smith or Jaylen Waddle. This next draft is very light on elite talent. There is no Chase Young in this next draft. Rousseau or Paye are the top 2 on edge. Im of the mindset go into the draft going for offensive weapons. Or the flip side is bring in a guy like Allen Robinson and draft Paye and possibly a guy like Shaun Wade 

I like Rosseau more than Paye but I could see the case for either. Wouldn't mind someone like Daviyon Nixon if we lost Leo. 

The guy imma keep banging my head on the wall for is Zaven Collins. He's going to be an absolute beast. I think the best comparison for a player like him is Anthony Barr. Can do everything you need ILB/Off-Ball LB to do a high level and he can play with his hand in the dirt in four man fronts (he even lined on the RG for a few plays), and he can rush the passer really well for a guy not tasked with doing that too often. He uses his hands very well when taking on Blockers. All in all there is so much to like about his game. Could end up being a top-15 pick with a stellar combine which I think he will have. 

Edited by YogiBiz